A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Would you recommend this development?
Yes
No
You may select 1 option

View results
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 2:57 pm 

Share your views and experiences here!

Report this post
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 9:42 pm 

Well its been a long haul since we were promised 'keys in hand' last July ...... but we've heard today that Italian Connections have signed off all the refurbishment works, and solicitors can now proceed to completion. We are still not opening up the champagne yet - too many promises have fallen by the wayside, but we MAY soon own our little appt in Calabria.... To 'celebrate' I post below a few shots in/from the complex...

Andy & Dee

Attachments:
File comment: Looking down from the edge our pool over Tropea
View from Marasusa to Tropea.jpg
View from Marasusa to Tropea.jpg [ 104.62 KiB | Viewed 7094 times ]
File comment: Above the pool area - Marasusa
Marasusa.jpg
Marasusa.jpg [ 123.65 KiB | Viewed 7090 times ]
File comment: The Marasusa pool (cleaned & empty!)
Marasusa Pool.jpg
Marasusa Pool.jpg [ 105.05 KiB | Viewed 7036 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

Dear Andy & Dee,

WOW!! That view of Tropea is fantastic! I'm so pleased it looks like everything's coming right for you at Marasusa - it was the very first development that attracted me to Calabria last March so I have to confess to an interest in seeing how it turns out having now bought elsewhere!

Will keep everything crossed for you for completion,

Best wishes

Sam

Report this post
PostPosted: January 11th, 2008, 10:42 am 

looks good, a vast change since i saw it back in april :)

Report this post
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2008, 3:16 pm 
I think the view of oldtown Tropea and of stromboli on a good day has to be one of the best in Calabria. :D

Report this post

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2008, 6:23 pm 

8) The Marasusa site has indeed got a spectacular view and is so handy for Tropea, the "Pearl of the Tyrrhenian Sea"! But when, oh when, will completion be!? Anyone heard anything from Italian Connection or Giambrone & Law lately? Am trying to arrange summer holidays (but then I was hoping to spend a bit of last summer there too!) Any news welcome!

Report this post
PostPosted: March 4th, 2008, 7:26 pm 

Hi nduja - Are you buying here like us? Thought Dee & I was the only ones on the Forum buying here!

Hot off the press today ......... :D all purchasers may be getting a letter very soon from G&L, as we are getting very close to completion of contracts.... Lets wait and see what the letters say (or if they even materialise :( !)

I believe that the biggest hold up on the Marasusa project has possibly been the issue of trying to finalise completion of ALL the purchases in one go, although I personally don't understand why this had to be done this way. The last 8 months, since signing & paying up, has been trying to say the least, and a general lack of responses to questions (solicitors and sales company) does not help for sure. However, over the months we have relaxed a little more, and tried to understand the 'Domani' culture that seems to pervade Italy - some even say its a good thing....

We are so loooking forward to getting back out there (visited in June, Sept and Dec last year) hopefully March &/or April next .... maybe even to get the keys ! ! ! !

Keep smiling - it will work out in the end. Andy & Dee

Report this post
PostPosted: March 5th, 2008, 9:23 pm 

HI ALL ANYONE BUYING IN MARASUSA SHOULD CHECK THERE CONTRACTS THAT THEY SIGNED. AS IT STATES THAT THE FREEHOLD OWNERSHIP OF THE PROPERTY SHOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO THE BUYER ON THE DATE OF THE NOTARIAL DEED OF SALE,WHICH MUST BE DONE BEFORE THE FIRST 1ST OF MARCH 2008. :?:
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM AS THIS HAS NOT YET TOOK PLACE THE CONTRACT IS NIL AND VOID,AND THERE FOR DO I HAVE A CASE TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT AND GET ANY MONIES PAID BACK.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 7th, 2008, 2:08 am 

8) Hi Andy & Dee!
Yes, I have bought a flat at Marasusa and live in West Wales like you (Swansea)! I would say that our Gower and Pembrokeshire coastline can match some of the best in the world (e.g. Three Cliffs Bay) - but have to admit the weather isn't always that good! For Tropea we have the little gem of Tenby though.
I was told by G&L two days ago much the same as what you say. They are trying to work out how to do a completion "en bloc". This would mean about 10 or 12 properties being done per day. I was told that late March/April would be the time, but as yet no specific date. I have been in touch with 3 or 4 others who've bought at Marasusa (and met two in Roccella in January on an inspection visit, like me). I've been at Marasusa in March, June/July, September and January. Last June/July there was a dancing festival going on, with participants in the flats to the rear. The pool was open and looked terrific with plenty of people there. The theatre at the back was the venue for the event. In September the hillsides were black from the fires. The flames had come right up the hill on the Tropea side, but had been stopped before getting to the outside pathway. I now see the purpose of the ring of fire hydrants!
There was light ash around, but nothing serious. The pool was empty and the complex deserted - quite a contrast from mid-summer. Anyway - let's all hope things progress smoothly and rapidly from now on!

Report this post
PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 2:52 pm 

Well ..... the much awaited letter from G&L has arrived with us today, giving us an "Update on Completion". Strange that many of us have been chasing something formal for quite a while now, and it appears just before we go and make some noise at the exhibition in London.

Bottom line - completion is now estimated to be "...between April & May ...in the next few weeks..."

I suppose this is good news, and am staying calm :x Just hoping that this really is the last leg of the journey to ownership.

Sadly, no solid reasoning has been given for all the delays, simply that the "...property transactions have become more complicated than envisaged..." and that "...earlier suggested completion dates were provided by Italain Connection/Bella Calabria - not G&L, who only pass on this information..."

So there we go ...... still waiting and hoping.....
Andy & Dee

Report this post
PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 4:44 pm 

Hi Andy & Dee!
I too got the G&L letter this morning (but dated 4 days ago). Do you know who Bella Calabria s.r.l. are?? This is the first I've heard of them!! The particularly puzzling bit is: "We have been informed that Bella Calabria Srl is still waiting to execute the necessary notarial documents [color=#BF0000]to acquire full possession of the properties[color=#0080FF]within Villagio (sic) Marasusa, thereby allowing them to transfer the title of the property to you."
Bella Calabria s.r.l does not seem to be a trading name of Medsea Estates plc (which is listed on the London AIM market). Are they a further intermediary? And are they selling something they don't actually OWN yet? There is a business called bellecalabria.com selling a development near Bianco, but is this anything to do with Bella Calabria s.r.l.? I find the whole thing weird and disconcerting! I am waiting for a return call from G&L to tell me who Bella Calabria s.r.l. ARE!
[/color][/color]Ah well - domani, domani, domani for the completion! We live in (dwindling) hope! I really do now think that the Diana/Dodi inquest (yes - lawyers are involved in that too, and we're paying for them!) will actually come to completion before we do!
All best wishes - Richard and Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 5:02 pm 
I think if you look up Medsea plc website you will see that they signed a exsclusive 5year trading agreement with Bella Calabria, which in affect as i understand it, they act as introducers to Medsea with product, and Medsea simply promote the developments to the uk and irish clients.

Report this post

PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 5:24 pm 

My understanding is that Bella Calabria are one of the major developers/builders in Calabria. Italian Connections (a.k.a. Medsea) are working with them in partnership to sell all the developments you see I.C. advertising (yet through another level of agents....very confusing I agree!).

I believe that there have been problems with the Marasusa property transfers, but that Bella Calabria bought part of the Marasusa site from the Timeshare owners, and have now refurbished it (they would not have put all the work in if they did not own it, but seems some paperwork is lagging....). I think this includes all the lower part of the site, now painted up in orange. The top half of the site has not been re-painted and I think belongs to original owners, along with the hall, etc.... (Does anyone one else have more info on this?)

Attached photo of our site taken November 07 from top of adjacent hill / mountain! Similar to one used in original sales brochure. Shows the re-painted orange ones nicely!

Andy&Dee

Attachments:
Marasusa Dec 2007.jpg
Marasusa Dec 2007.jpg [ 216.26 KiB | Viewed 6234 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: March 13th, 2008, 2:06 am 

Thanks for the information! Rosanna Dix (G&L) told me today that Bella Calabria are the "promoters" and that they have an office above that of G&L in Roccella. The seller-to-buyer chain seems quite convoluted! The picture of the site (Andy and Dee's) is breathtaking! We'll be there in both April and May and will report any news. Ciao!

Report this post
PostPosted: March 13th, 2008, 5:19 am 

Awesome views! I like the way the buildings do blend into the landscape, ie. matching the old buildings.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 13th, 2008, 8:42 am 

Interesting isn't it: It seems from Nduja's post that therefore Italian Connections, Giambrone & Law AND Bella Calabria are all in the same building in Roccella. How convenient ?!? :o

One would have thought that, given this arrangement, any problems between these three parties would have been resolved quickly and easily, and clients could have been regularly informed of progress (or lack there of, and reasons why....).

Oh well - lets hope things work out this time. Seeing how complex this all is, I expect Nduja's keys will be ready in June, after their April/May trips (sorry guys! :wink: ). We have a week off work in late April but have not booked any flights yet ..... waiting to see what happens .....

Report this post
PostPosted: March 13th, 2008, 6:20 pm 

ANDY&DEE wrote:
Interesting isn't it: It seems from Nduja's post that therefore Italian Connections, Giambrone & Law AND Bella Calabria are all in the same building in Roccella. How convenient ?!? :o

One would have thought that, given this arrangement, any problems between these three parties would have been resolved quickly and easily, and clients could have been regularly informed of progress (or lack there of, and reasons why....).

Oh well - lets hope things work out this time. Seeing how complex this all is, I expect Nduja's keys will be ready in June, after their April/May trips (sorry guys! :wink: ). We have a week off work in late April but have not booked any flights yet ..... waiting to see what happens .....

good luck everyone. I have a soft spot for this development as we looked at a studio apartment there. Fantasic views. :D

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 12:14 am 

Was surprised today to receive a brochure in the mail. It was of this very complex and from Tropea Properties. There is a lengthy video, including 2 tours around the Marasusa site and magnificent footage of Tropea, from land, sea and air. Wow! it was very beautiful and entertaining. Scenery looks wicked! I guess there are still some suites/apts. available at this location. It's a dutch company. They apologized about the language, but their letter was in English stating that the size of some of sq meters were actually twice the size listed. Not sure if this means they've expanded from the original plan.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 2:35 am 

8) I was told by someone who met the actual owner of the site that so far the only apartments to be sold are in the "frontline" ochre-coloured buildings and that the second group would be marketed in Holland and the third and last in Italy. I don't suppose this means that Britons can't buy the later ones if they want to. Given progress (or rather lack of it) on completing on the first apartments, though, it could be 2009 or even later before completion on the others! And Marasusa was only a case of renovation, not off-plan. Maybe I should put down deposits for my (yet-to-be) grandchildren!

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 6:49 pm 

Hi all.

Also of interest, we thought, is that the original 'Timeshare' web site for Marasusa, has been re-launched with a the 2008 'Rental' brochure (Listino prezzi). :P

See http://www.marasusa.it/villaggio.htm

The 'Open' season is quite short, June to Sept only. Potential rental looks good (or at least it would, if Dee was prepared to rent our appt out to anyone... :? ) with charges of 380 euros /week for a little studio appartment in June right up to 1200 euros /week for the largest appartments during August.

Andy & Dee

Report this post
PostPosted: March 26th, 2008, 10:06 pm 

8) I have just heard of someone who is completing on the purchase of their flat at Marasusa on Friday 28th March! They are collecting the keys in early April. They are not using G&L as their lawyers. Does this mean the transfer of ownership to Bella Calabria has taken place? Have they been misled? Are G&L just dragging their heels for their clients? Or is nothing at all happening???

Report this post
PostPosted: March 27th, 2008, 2:49 pm 

Very interesting....very exciting.... have you chased up G&L for an update? All I've been told is that G&L want all their clients to complete at same time, but that this may be causing a problem for the Notaries at the other end !

After all, the latest suggestion was "...completion in April/May..." - could our dreams be coming to fruition at long last?

Andy&Dee

Report this post
PostPosted: March 28th, 2008, 12:08 pm 

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hi Andy and Dee, and everyone else buying at Marasusa! It's a RED LETTER DAY!!!
GREAT NEWS!!! I've just been told by Rosanna at G&L that some of the apartments are being completed before the notary on Monday 31st March (but ours is not among them unfortunately). Others will follow shortly after that, and buyers will each be told of their own dates. The transfer of possession to Bella Calabria has taken place so things should proceed quite rapidly now. I shall be in Tropea from 9th April, so I'm fervently hoping our place will have completion by the time I leave on the 14th so that I can gain possession, get furniture ordered etc. That bottle (or two) of Prosecco in the garden overlooking Tropea is looking not just enticing but imminent to boot! Good luck to everyone, and "arrivederla a Marasusa"!!!
Richard & Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: March 28th, 2008, 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Richard & Angela great news - and if you can't wait, Sainsbury's have a special offer on Prosecco at the moment £4.99 a bottle (I think) instead of £6.99.

I bought two tonight to celebrate surviving a hard week's work!!!

Ciao,

Sam

Report this post
PostPosted: March 29th, 2008, 12:36 pm 

Hi Sam!
Will check out (pun intended!) the Sainsbury's Prosecco! :lol: But don't tell Mary about "Angela" :oops: !
Ciao - Richard

Report this post
PostPosted: March 29th, 2008, 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

Woops sorry!!! It really had been a hard week! :oops:

Sam

Report this post
PostPosted: April 5th, 2008, 10:57 am 

Hi all,

Visiting Calabria on viewing trip at last, but getting concerned by horror stories on G & L Lawyers unproffessional ways re Marasusa & Pizzo Beach/JOTS, which we are viewing along with a property overlookig Soverato, and an apartment in Pizzo.
Appointment to view Marasusa is with a Dutch/Italian company, Tropea Property/Avalon, who say they are selling different units to those available via U.K. agents ( Ros at Locations in the Sun, who are showing us Pizzo Beach/JOTS, believes Marasusa to be all sold; the price list I have shows only 7 units in Bellisa block sold ( B106/107 & B201/202/203/205/206 ) if any member knows to the contrary, please advise !
Also, Tropea Properties website has details/site plan for what seems an off-plan extension to Marasusa called Residence Terrazza ( in Dutch so unable to translate )
If anyone staying at 501 Hotel in Vibo between April 18/21, please look us up,
regards to all, Barry.

Report this post
PostPosted: April 5th, 2008, 10:17 pm 

It seems that the more we dig, the more we find, but just how much is actually true, who knows! There is an indirect reference to possible new build on the Marasusa site - and certainly looking at the aerial images, there is potentially more space for limited further development. Don't think this will upset the current set up too much if they did though...
As mentioned above by Barry, I have tried to look up the companies referred to, but come up with a Turkish 'Avalon' who claim to be re-selling on Marasusa: Link here -
(http://www.avalonoverseasproperties.com ... =24&page=1)

All we really worry about for now is getting contracts exchanged and keys in hand - This should be soon, as we hear that several people have now completed...

Still waiting .... Andy & Dee

Report this post
PostPosted: April 7th, 2008, 7:02 pm 

Well - the "Dodiana" juggernaut won the race to completion today! Or is it the case that the hare actually does tend to beat the tortoise? No completion news yet - will just have to gaze at a closed apartment door when we're there later this week! And look on with envy :mrgreen: at the doors of those who've completed! :cry:

Report this post
PostPosted: April 7th, 2008, 8:45 pm 

Unlucky Guys...... Hope you have a lovely trip though - and don't forget to check out our 'locked door' too on the complex !

If you visit the IC / G&L Italy offices, perhaps you'll be able to get an idea of how / why some people are completing before others (i.e. us !!!).

Andy & Dee

Report this post
PostPosted: April 9th, 2008, 9:42 pm 

We too are buying at marasusa. It has been a long wait for us we started the process back in November 2006. We have an Italian Mortgage broker on the case. She is trying to get all parties at the Nortary in 2 week so we can sign and complete, hopefuly we will know tomorrow. Our plan is to rent out but use it off peak time. We have been out 3 times already, the last time was in January to get the bank account open.

What are people doing about furniture?
Do others plan to rent out?

I think there was about 40 apartments sold/selling, I know of one other person we met on the first visit and we have stayed in contact. How many others are there?

Read all your postings which have been interesting and no different to what we are going though. We have met Rosanna when she worked for Italian Connections, she was very helpfullly as she speaks Italian and sorted out a few problems.

Jill & Simon

Report this post
PostPosted: April 15th, 2008, 1:22 pm 

:D Hi Jill!
Just returned from Marasusa yesterday. Several people have completed there already, ours is due tomorrow, according to IC in Roccella. Place was deserted, except for 2/3 workmen, one of them emptying the pool and hosing down. One couple are arriving today to take up residence for several weeks - it will be very quiet to start with!
Furniture - taken in by Springblue (no refund yet), so keeping existing stuff for time being, as it's in very good condition. Looked around for stores though - Rosarno has a few places, one quite big, also a place with sofa-beds just outside Pizzo. Only one tiny place in Tropea it seems. No DFS-type bargains, and best to take bedding etc. from UK as it's much cheaper here.
Letting - we'd originally not thought of this, but might now let July/August when heat can be oppressive but rents highest! Best times for own use April/June and September/November, I think. Tourist season seems quite short - many apartment blocks/hotels/restaurants not yet open. Italians seem to cram in their holidays during June/September and neglect the rest of the year. Perhaps the addition of sun-seeking Northern Europeans will soon help extend the "season".
Hope you get completion soon! Ciao! Richard & Mary :D

Report this post
PostPosted: April 15th, 2008, 7:28 pm 

Hi Richard and Mary

Great to hear from you. We are still waiting to hear from the Gl and our Mortgage Broker to see which day we can complete, Our problem is that we are doing both! So we are watching ryanair price going up and up while we wait.
Nice to hear that you are there or almost, may I ask it you signed your PoA out there?
There is already one person living there, he moved in I think in January when we last visited. I understand that he has retired out there so is a permanent resident.
On our travels around the countryside we found a shop called Center Gross and carrefour's not to far from the airport. Center Gross is a small MFI and sold furniture, kitchen equipment, and bedding, it did not appear to be to expensive.
We hope to use the agent already on site so bedding etc can be hired, the apartment will, I hope be let most of July and August to the Italians and hopefully the other times tapping into the UK market. We will just go out when we have no tentants.

Did you have to pay for the furniture?
In January IC were telling us it was a first come baisis and we thought we had reserved some but with completion taking so long I am not sure if IC will have any left for us. May be things have changed and they are just leaving the stuff that was originaly in the apartments there.

It is great to share information, do you know anything about the service charge?

Jill & Simon

Report this post
PostPosted: April 16th, 2008, 1:18 pm 

:D Hi Jill and Simon!
I signed Power of Attorney at G&L's London office last September when I was told that completion was imminent (October 15th was stated), and I paid the second instalment around that time too.
I was told the other day there was one resident already at Marasusa, despite no completions having taken place, but we saw no sign of him last week. The owner, Rudi, who has the best apartment of all (the one with the huge terrace with a fantastic view up and down the coast at the seaward end of the 100s block, marked "private") was not there either.
IC said the owner would charge 300 euros for the existing kitchen, if you wanted it. I don't yet know about a charge for the existing furniture. As for service charges I only know what I was originally told by IC in March last year on our inspection trip - that they could be around 40/50 euros a month, but there's nothing in writing! There's so much vagueness about all the details of these purchases abroad to the extent that it's hard to make a financial or even a travel plan ahead!

Well - good luck with your completion, and perhaps we'll soon meet out there
when all is finally settled! Ciao! Richard and Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: April 17th, 2008, 8:55 pm 

:D :D :D :D :D YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G&L confirmed today that completion was yesterday!!!!!!!!!!
It's just such a great feeling to know you finally actually own a little place in such a great part of the world!!!!!! Can't wait to get down there again next month!!!!! Best of luck to everyone on the forum!!!!!!!
Tanti auguri!!!!! Richard & Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: April 17th, 2008, 9:18 pm 

nduja wrote:
:D :D :D :D :D YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G&L confirmed today that completion was yesterday!!!!!!!!!!
It's just such a great feeling to know you finally actually own a little place in such a great part of the world!!!!!! Can't wait to get down there again next month!!!!! Best of luck to everyone on the forum!!!!!!!
Tanti auguri!!!!! Richard & Mary

Congratulations!!! Break out the champagne :D

Report this post
PostPosted: April 17th, 2008, 10:28 pm 

Congratulations on your completion.

we now have a date 6 May - we have a great Italian mortgage broker who is making all the calls and getting builder/laywers/notary/bank together. we are having a translater and signing PoA out in Italy.

See you in Marasusa

Jill and Simon

Report this post
PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 9:21 am 
Site Admin

Congratulations Richard and Mary! It's great to see progress on the Forum and to hear the great news.

First party will be at yours next month then??? :D :D

Sam

Report this post
PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 6:24 pm 

:lol: We've completed too .......... how bizarre to be told by our UK selling agent some 11 days AFTER completion (thanks Debbie), and have it confirmed by the solicitor some 17 days after completion..... sort of sums it all up really doesn't it ..... but who cares - we've got there in the end. :lol:

Keys are ready for collection whenever we want, but apparently the final deeds/paperwork may take "up to another 10 weeks" to pass through the land registry people / back to the notary / back to G&L / back to us ......

Sod's Law - we're off to Bergamo for a few days tomorrow courtesy of some 1p Ryanair flights from Bristol, but it's just too far away from Calabria to pop & get our keys - will hopefully sort this out next month, ready for the Brit invasion of Marasusa.

Look forward to seeing you all in Marasusa soon..... :!:

Andy & Dee

Report this post
PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 7:32 pm 

Congratulations Andy & Dee

Its been quite an epic!

We are all jealous of course.

Good luck

Tyke

Report this post
PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Andy & Dee,

Having read your posts from the beginning I'm so pleased to hear your great news!!

Have a great time in Bergamo - it won't be long until you'll be sitting on your terrace in Calabria sipping a glass of Limoncello, looking at that fantastic sunset over Stromboli.

Congratulations and well done for persevering!

Sam

Report this post
PostPosted: April 19th, 2008, 11:35 pm 

8) The sunset [color=#0000FF]over Stromboli - on April 13th I saw the sunset from Marasusa and it was amazing - the sun set directly into the crater from that angle. For some 30 seconds it looked as if the volcano was having a major eruption! Although it was not crystal-clear on the horizon you could also see two other islands. I was told by Francesco from Italian Connection that the larger one is Vulcano, though from the map I think it might actually be Salina, unless this is the smaller one in between the larger two! Salina is the highest of all the Aeolians, but further away than Stromboli and perhaps a little further away than Vulcano, so I'm not sure. Francesco said that on a clear day you can see all seven islands (or eight by another reckoning, if you include Basiluzzo, off Panarea). I believe that the sun can again be seen setting into the crater in mid-August from Tropea/Parghelia. This must be one of the greatest sunsets the world has to offer!!! :roll:
Will look out for Forum users in May at Marasusa (12th-19th)!

Report this post
PostPosted: April 24th, 2008, 8:29 am 

Nduja - Lovely sunset description, but no photos posted !?!

Am desperately trying to sort out a May trip to get our keys - may see you 'on Site' if we make it down there ... will keep in touch.

Andy & Dee

Report this post
PostPosted: April 25th, 2008, 11:16 am 

8) Hope you've had a good time in Italy, Andy and Dee!
As for the Strombolian sunset - unfortunately I'd left my camera in the car and had no time to fetch it - so no photos!
We're going to be in Ischia for a week (2-9 May), and then I'm going down on my own to Marasusa (12-19 May) with an initial load of stuff to start equipping the flat. IC told me that G&L had the keys, but G&L in Roccella told me that the builder still had the keys, but that when they got them from him they would pass them over to IC! Perhaps the builder still has them in order to fit the air-con? I'd check before you go in May that you can definitely get the keys from someone or other - or it might mean a night on a lounger by the pool! Best of luck - and see you there soon!

Report this post
 Post subject: Next trip to Italy
PostPosted: April 25th, 2008, 12:46 pm 

Shame about the camera nduja... I attach a photo from my trip last week, although a little off topic, just to remind all that N.Italy can be very pretty too! Really enjoyed our first visit/stay in Bergamo (and it's a RyanAir hub for Lamezia too).
This photo was taken from the Cessna 172 we hired to fly around the lakes - looking NE from overhead Como town along Lake Como and up to the snow-topped Alps. Certainly one of the most spectacular flights I have made....!

Attachments:
File comment: Flying over Lake Como
Lago di Como.jpg
Lago di Como.jpg [ 174.98 KiB | Viewed 3451 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: April 29th, 2008, 8:28 pm 

Hello Everyone,

What a fantastic forum. If only I had found this web site sooner it would have helped to know that everyone else was in the same boat.

We too have bought in Masrasusa and signed over in April. I have booked to go over on the 14th May for a week (poor hubby is working too hard - so I am going with my sister). Our new kitchen, air con and furniture are being fitted/delivered this week (had confirmation from IC before I booked airtickets) and I just need to sort the bedding, crockery out - does anyone have any ideas. where I can buy same.

Hope to meet you all at some stage.

Sandra & Ian

Report this post
PostPosted: April 29th, 2008, 10:30 pm 

Hi Ian/Sandra, and welcome. Wow - you're so organised getting air con / new kitchen in so fast.

I think that Richard & Mary (nduja) are over the week you're out there, and we may be flying out too on 14th, if I can sort out my key collecting....
We'll have an empty little appt, being less organised than yourselves (not totally my fault perhaps, if you've traced back through the old posts!), but over next few months we'll sort it.

Hope to see you out in Marasusa one day if not next month. Best wishes - Andy & Dee

Report this post
PostPosted: April 30th, 2008, 6:16 pm 

Looks like Stansted will be busy on 14th May with people heading to Lamezia.

We completed on our property on the East Coast at Isca Marina at the beginning of December and we are going out on the 14th May too.

We know of at least 2 other people heading out on that day who have also bought at Isca Marina (they haven't completed yet though) and we are meeting them for coffee before the flight.

Also if anyone is interested we are having a nibbles / birthday party / housewarming evening on Thursday 15th May from 19.30 onwards and all who can get there would be very welcome at:

T8 - Isca Dream - VIA DEGLI OLEANDRI - (just past the big green indoor pool on the left) Isca Marina Calabria

It would be great to meet as many of you fellow Calabria buyers as possible.

Further details, map RSVP etc by email to ladolcevilla@aol.com

Tel 07887520708

Jan & Chris

Report this post
PostPosted: April 30th, 2008, 9:14 pm 

We are out to marasusa on the 5 May until 11th. We are experincing problems with the condition of the apartment so may have to delay completion if the builder has not sorted the damp! The communal tiled terrace area above our apartment appears to leak! This could effect us all with our service charge in future yars if the builder does not fix it properly.

I believe the builder on site still has all the keys or he did last week.

If you would like us to check anything out while we are there we are more than happy to.

We are going to let our apartment out so will be finding out about that while we are there, any body have any tips for holiday letting?

Nice to read your messages and hear all about your experiences good and bad.

Jill and Simon

Report this post
PostPosted: May 1st, 2008, 1:49 am 

8) Hi Jill and Simon!
You can see what the site owner is asking for letting the as yet unsold apartments by looking at the website www.marasusa.it/prezzi.
He quotes only from 7th June to 27th September. If you put the letting in his hands it appears that the service charge would be 100 to 300 euros per week in July and August, depending on the size of the apartment, which is about 25% of the rental income according to the information sent out by the Dutch agent Avalon for the second phase of sales..
Looks as if I'll just miss you at Marasusa this time as I'm there 12-19th May, but I'll be there again in the last week of June.
All best wishes! 8)

Report this post