A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 7th, 2015, 7:44 pm 
My Step- son tried to buy an apartment in the Villaggio Angelo development at the Caulonia Marina which is in Calabria , and started the process back in 2007. Since then he has had horrendous problems having sent about 56000 Euros as deposits and fees. The properties have STILL not been finished, as far as I can see, and I am now trying to sort out this fiasco on his behalf, demanding TWICE the deposit.
He started to employ a legal firm called " Giambrone Law. " as the builders had not completed phases on time. They are involved with numerous other litigation clients not only on this development but others in Italy as well. The main firm involved is
" Bella Calabria " but their true title is " Bella Calabria 2005 SRL " and a google search brings up much detail on them. Also there are a few estate agents involved including 1) PD Estates Italy who are in Kidderminster England , where they do not answer their phone 2) Silverhouse Property who are actively marketing this estate, even though they must know of massive problems here. 01604 633233 3) Overseas property shop (UK)
I am now going to contact a senior official at the law firm to say their firm is dilatory in their concerns with their clients. 0207 183 9482. Also I am still trying to contact Bella Calabria as a phone number of 0039 0917434778 does not seem to be theirs.
If anyone knows more than this please be in touch as a man in Sterling has the same problems.

Report this post

PostPosted: December 10th, 2015, 11:15 am 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi Geoff, Sorry to hear about the problems your step-son has been having which you are trying to sort out.
If you browse the Forum you will see a lot of information on G&L, Bella Calabria etc. and the progress if any, that other people have had in similar circumstances.
Good luck

Report this post
PostPosted: January 8th, 2016, 1:56 am 

Geoff
I am sorry to inform you that Bella Calabria was involved in the Police raid in the area last year.
Most of the developers were either arrested or had their assets seized.
Bella Calabria had their cars etc seized and even former employees were interviewed at length by the
Guarda Finance.
The founder, who is Spanish was arrested in Spain.
The cases are on going at the minute and everything has come to even more of a standstill until these mafia/money laundering cases are sorted.
You may have to contact an Italian lawyer for advice.
My advice would be , don't pick a calabrese one!
mel.

Report this post