A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 9th, 2012, 2:13 pm 

I was recently interested in buying a house through Gianni Cutri of K Immobiliare. It was an attractive property so I was not surprised to be informed that there were several interested purchasers. In order to delay it being sold to a third party until I could arrive to view (2 weeks later) I was asked to provide a returnable good faith deposit of €4000 which I did.

In return I received a written contractual receipt and cadastral plans signed by the current owners. My own London based Italian lawyer confirmed that this was usual practice in Italy and the documentation was fine and the estate agent required to return the deposit. My literature on buying in Italy confirmed this and that Italian estate agents are professionally qualified persons with standard to uphold.

Our doubts were raised when Mr Cutri took us to view another house and presented us with a bottle of wine taken from the absent owners wine rack.

Having seen the house I decided against buying it and asked for the return of the €4000. The price of the house was immediately dropped and it was clear that there are no other interested purchasers despite elaborate 'back stories'

The return of the €4000 was promised but has not arrived. Mr Cutri now refuses to answer calls and emails. This from a professional person who is easily traceable, with a clear paper trail and a reputation to uphold.

I have instructed lawyers to start proceedings to make a recovery.

Be warned.

Report this post