A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 2:12 pm 

I am in the process of hopefully buying a Property in Calabria and have had some really helpful and positive conversations with Windrush Alliance and Posh Properties.

They have both encouraged me to ask around about them, to satisfy myself they are good people and will be on my side.

Has anybody dealt with Neil at Windrush and Charlotte at Posh Properties.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 2:35 pm 

I think a few agencies sell on same developments it would be more useful to let us know which development and town you hope to buy Look forward to hearing

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 2:52 pm 

I am looking at various properties in Pizzo.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 4:25 pm 

I believe the person who set up Windrush Alliance formerly worked for VFI. Our experience of buying in Jewel of the Sea through VFI was nothing short of disastrous - I would urge you to be extremely cautious. With the Italian economy and banks all looking very fragile, probably not the best time to be investing offplan in any case, far safer to buy something already built.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 4:33 pm 

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
I have been specific to them that I only want something that is 100% completed.
I keep having a few second thoughts because of the Italian economy and I keep looking to see if the £ gets stronger against the Euro; but it never does!

I am going to see some properties in late October 11, but I am not committing myself to anything yet.

Thanks again for your help, it is really useful to hear other peoples experiences, especially as I have never bought abroad before.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 5:30 pm 

Is it just the Pizzo area your interested in or other parts as well if you browse through this site as well as Donstenks own property's for sale there are other developments now which are finished more or less Bergomatto for one Collinetta for another Bergomatto is in Gioisa and Collinetta in Caulonia

Cheers Diane

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 5:44 pm 

Hi Greenliam,

I have had dealings with Apple Consulting which is owned by Richard and Paola of Windrush Alliance and found them more than efficient to deal with.

Barney

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 5:56 pm 

Thanks Barney,

I have found them really responsive and helpful so far, but they were insistent I checked them out for myself.

So far so good.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 8:57 am 

As I see it they are just agents, who get a commission from introducing you. It is the actual builders and associates of that you have to be more wary off and check out. Please be cautious of the solicitor you engage and have your contract thoroughly checked.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 7:29 pm 

And another caution or two...

Ensure that every little "bit and piece" that you expect is written into the actual contract... Nothing else will do. We were told all sorts that we would be getting - and then didn't (we were Parador, now defunct but some legacy livers still selling!)

Also don't actually sign till you see you have got what you want - they will say yes, then not do it! Also, even if you are told that you can't sign (have to give power of attorney to your avvocato) - still go to the signing, and check the property on the way. Don't sign the PoA until you get to the signing and are ready to hand over that power. If we hadn't done this, ours would have been a paper transaction on an unfinished property - because even the bank's surveyor had signed it off as OK when it was incomplete.

You only have the upper hand when you still hold the money!!! We are probably £10k short on promises!

On the subject of commission, find someone who is fair! After seeing our property in estate agents since, we paid about 20% over the odds - which means we will probably sell at break even when we are in boxes!

Oh yes, and....

There was a supposed conditional clause on completion date for the site - rubbish. It still is incomplete now. The pool, due to finish in 2008, was finished this year half way through our holiday. Don't raise your expectations about timings!

BUT FOR ALL OF THAT, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, and I want to give up work and go back.,,... The place is lovely as are the people.

Report this post