A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: pizzo beach
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 6:45 pm 

I have bought a Villa at Pizzo Beach Club Jan 2008 and I am new to this forum however just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience as me.
Am i the only person who feels VFI furniture pack and after sales club are very expensive.
Also heard through the grape vine completion will be in June 2010
Does anybody know?
VFI still maintain March

Steve

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: pizzo beach
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 7:10 pm 

Steve

Yes I think they're expensive also. VFI phoned me a fortnight ago to say that my apartment would be ready end Feb/early Mar. Perhaps the June deadline is for the communal areas but some of the apartments will be ready much earlier?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 7:50 pm 

Hi Steve,
I have a place in Pizzo Beach club. I spoke to VFI London office 2 weeks ago and was told 15th March for completion. They told me thatall communial areas would be finished also. I have a clause in my contract that i wont complete till all areas are complete so i am waiting for a copy of my final contract from my solicitor. Vfi after sales is overpriced and they are prety useless to be honest. You will get a much better del with other management companies. I am speaking to Paul McDonnal he is on this site and has set up a facebook page for Pizzo Beach club owners. I met him and Tom in Calabria last year and they are very helpfull.

Regards
Mandi

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 9:29 pm 

That's good to know Mandi. There are several rental/property management companies mentioned on this forum, Steve (which I didn't know about until I joined the forum).

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2010, 1:09 pm 

I am not sure they will complete the communal areas on time, the company I am using for the after sales was on site last week and looking at the pictures they took I am not convinced.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2010, 5:58 pm 

Hi SusanneJ, welcome to the forum. I've sent you a PM.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 8th, 2010, 11:18 am 

Hi Steve,

Good to hear from you. I will be one of your neighbours as I am in the apartments right by the villas.

I hear the same rumours but it is all a little bit up in the air at the moment. I Recently took some video footage around the villas and our aparments which may be of interest to you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZmS0I8Dyc

There is a slight issue at the moment as VFI are trying to hold the monopoly out there which is causing problems with site visits - unless you are a subscriber to their aftersales service - I am sure this is illegal. I am waiting to hear some more news on this at the moment and will let you all know about it.

Basically they are trying to control every element of the site which is not right and will cause problems for certain companies, Paul McDonnel for example who seems to be doing a great job for people.

There are lots of alternatives and companies that you can use however, I for one decided from the outset not to use VFI but that was from my own personal experience of the market place - never stick your eggs in one basket.

Best wishes all.

James

Report this post
PostPosted: February 8th, 2010, 6:21 pm 

Hi all

Thanks for the replys feel better i now know more people buying.
I am still searching for other management companys.

Could someone forward Paul McDonnel email as i would like to make contact.

Has anybody heard any news regarding completion. Contact from Calabria has become very quiet, although VFI are still pushing the aftersales club.

Thanks again look forward receiving more info.

Steve

Report this post
PostPosted: February 8th, 2010, 7:27 pm 

Hi Steve

Paul"s e-mail is paulmdonnell@hotmail.com

Paul and Tom and very nice people and very reliable.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 4:31 pm 

I too have bought a Villa at Pizzo Beach Club. Can I just add something to this forum. Nice people and very reliable would not be the words I would use to described these two ie Tom and Paul. You've been warned !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 4:47 pm 

Hi Charlieboy,

The rules of the forum state that you need to introduce yourself to the fourm before posting.

Maybe it would be recommended that you introduce yourself to both myself and Tom, before you post such comments.

All the best,
Paul

charlieboy wrote:
I too have bought a Villa at Pizzo Beach Club. Can I just add something to this forum. Nice people and very reliable would not be the words I would use to described these two ie Tom and Paul. You've been warned !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 4:58 pm 

The penny has dropped, from the time you posted and also the time a certain other member posted, there is a very little time gap. Why do people feel they have to play games and slander the names of people that try to do GOOD, HONEST and HARD WORK for people.

We are too busy helping people, to be dealing with silly mind games.

charlieboy wrote:

Last edited by paulmdonnell on February 16th, 2010, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 5:19 pm 

As a matter of interest how do you have access to people's IP address?

Report this post
PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 5:20 pm 
Funny you should say that, I was just thinking the same thing!

Report this post

PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 6:16 pm 

Oh I see ... So you are the same people who will be selling the aftersales packages. Oh right... And you're GOOD,HONEST,AND WORK HARD FOR PEOPLE. P.S How have you got everyones IP address?

Report this post
PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 6:28 pm 

Actually nobody except the admins have access to people's IP addresses.

Whilst the claim is moreover false and similarity between IP addresses is irrelevant that does not mean his intuition is necessarily wrong.

Posts by people who have not introduced themselves will be deleted by one of the admins or moderators.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 16th, 2010, 8:35 pm 

stevekjnr wrote:
I have bought a Villa at Pizzo Beach Club Jan 2008 and I am new to this forum however just wondered if anyone else has had the same experience as me.
Am i the only person who feels VFI furniture pack and after sales club are very expensive.
Also heard through the grape vine completion will be in June 2010
Does anybody know?
VFI still maintain March

Steve

Hi, we have also bought an apartment at Pizzo Beach Club, we are Alan & Philomena from York, we are going out there on the 8th March to see how things are going, we have been told the 15th March, but the the video I saw that was done in January did not look to us as if it would be completed by next month, we bought through Parador ! 'sadly' & were appointed Valentina Rossi as our solicitor, is there any one else in the same position as us ? We are feeling very pressured by VFI to join there management scheme, are there any other options available ? we would actually prefer to sell the apartment A.S.A.P. We were also buying an apartment at Parco Moccone through Parador, does anyone know of anybody else who has, we are trying to get our money back on that property, as the builder was, as we were told by Valentina, in breach of contract, he agreed to giving us a full refund then suddenly changed his mind & said we had to take him to court, this was over a year ago now ! The builder is Antonio Grimoli, has anyone any knowledge of him ? Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved. Thanks.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 12:08 am 

Charlieboy,
I have also brought in Pizzo Beach Club and met Paul and Tom whilst in Calabria last October. I invited them to talk to my husband and myself about managing our apartment after meeting them at the apartment complex i was renting at the time,they were visiting a neighbour.
I found and still find them to be honest and very helpfull.
Like most people on this forum after finding VFI useless, unless they are trying to sell me something i can ring or email Paul at any time and he will always help.He has never pushed me to use his company and that is why i like and trust both him and Tom.
I am not sure who you are but have a good idea.

What apartment have you purchased in Pizzo Beach club ?

Mandi

Report this post
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 10:43 am 

Hello everyone,

Just a little update (sorry I have been a little bit all over the place with work recently to send you information).

On my last post I stated that VFI are stopping anyone going on site to see the properties (i.e. people like Paul and Tom - they are very good by the way Charlieboy - and another service company run by Richard Hazel) and this was all due to the fact they wanted people to join their management scheme (I have never wanted to join it as I know it is expensive and I know there are other people who can offer the same service for cheaper and who would probably be more reliable - only a personal opinoin mind you)

I have spoken indirectly to the builder (auto11toj they are a very respectable builder who built the Club Med resort next door and I hear they are very well respected in Pizzo) who is confident that all will be ready by the end of March.

Obviously, not everything will be finished but, as is the case in several countries, only 90% of the site has to be finished to warrant completions starting. This, I am sure, is the case here.

I also had contact with my new solicitor this morning (I changed at the last minute due to a slight dissagreement with my other solicitor - you can change at any moment by the way and transfer - it is a legal statute in Italy that you can do this and it has been very smooth for me - again this is advice for you auto11toj) and have stated that I am to complete by 31st March.

I am happy to do this as I can get my extras done and hopefully use it this summer.

I hope that this answers some questions for people but feel free to make contact if you want any more help.

Best wishes everyone.

James

Last edited by admin on March 17th, 2010, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Removed name of property company.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 11:15 am 

Hi Jamesd

Thanks for clearing up Charlieboy, Paul and Tom must be a threat to them, to stoop so low. At least it shows people on this forum who they will be dealing with. I like Paul and Tom and have had nothing but help from them, that is why a lot of us on this forum are using them and not Charlieboy.

I spoke to my Solicitor about 6 weeks ago and was told 15th March for compltion and that we would have an email well before to walk us through everything step by step.
I also asked for a copy of my final contract, as i will be allowing my solicitor to signe on my behalf. I did add a clause that i would not complete untill all communial areas are complete and was advised to check this will be in my final draft.
To date i have still not recieved either, so i realy dont think completion will be in March, maybe May June.

Like you we researched, builders, land etc before purchase and found that they built the complex next door and the Garden club resorts.

I hope its completed soon and the flights are sorted so that we can all get together for a nice bottle of red.

Mandi

Report this post
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 12:29 pm 

Mandi1 my name is Charlie Turner I live in Birmingham and work in London. I have brought a property in Pizzo Beach Club. I don't think I need to tell you what property I have brought. This is just an opinion I thought that was the point of having a forum so you could put your opinion on here? am I wrong?? all I read on this forum is peoples opinion on companies , Developers, Solicitors,Builders etc etc why is it then wrong that I write my opinion and Im being subjected to "At least it shows people on this forum who they will be dealing with" (What ever that means) . It's an opinion thats all. Like me Im sure people on here will make their own minds up.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 1:06 pm 

Charlieboy.
We all give the number of our apartments if asked, it proves who we are, my apartment is 45g.

You were not giving an opinion you were actualy WARNING us.

When we give opinions on this forum we back it up with explanation.

Have you met Paul and Tom, had any dealings with them.

And all people like you register without introducing themselves.

If you have dealt with or have met Tom and Paul, then back your warning up with explanation, as the rest of us do. If you are who you say you are then we need to know what Paul and Tom have done to you so that we can form our own opinion.

Mandi

Report this post
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 3:21 pm 

Hello: My name is Pamela Boyd and I am currently staying in Tropea while researching the possible purchase and rental of a modest condo for my (hopefully) soon retirement. I am from USA. I have met with Tom Harty of Calabria Property Service and have the highest regard for his assistance. I know that if I need or want assistance I can count on him. He drove out of his way to pick me up at my hotel and show me his clients' properties for rent. He was professional, friendly, prompt, easy to speak with regarding my wishes and needs etc. I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone who wishes to consider Calabria Property Service for management of their property in this beautiful area. Property management is a "people helping" business not just a money making business. I know -- I am third generation real estate sales business woman myself. I have no other connection with their company other than as a satisfied customer. I wish Tom and Paul the very best success in their business.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 3:50 pm 

Madie1, You're right I should have said in my opinion. Not" You've been warned" It really is my opinion. If you look on this site you will see many opinion. and very few based on fact. Regards Charlie

Report this post
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 5:09 pm 

Charlieboy,

I thinkyou will find most opinions on this forum are based on fact and most of us have paperwork and emails to back our facts.

I would never say anything on an open forum about any company or person without the written facts to prove what i am saying.

I nottice you still havent intoduced yourself or explained in any way why you should give such a negative opinion on why we should not trust Paul and Tom.

Please enlighten us.

Mandi

Report this post
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 6:52 pm 

Just come back to the forum, missed quite a lot.

I have been corrosponding with Paul over the last couple of weeks and found him very helpful.

Thankfully VFI have stopped the pressure regarding the aftersales club

By the way anyone fancy a nice Villa.

Steve

Report this post
PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 11:04 pm 

alan11toj
I have PM'd you regarding Parador and Valentina

Report this post