A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: VFI SRL LIQUIDATION
PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 8:56 pm 

Hi,
Has anyone heard anything about the liquidation of VFI SRL. I have just been talking to a Pizzo Beach Club owner on facebook. I have searched the web but cant find anything on it
Thanks
Mandi

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: VFI SRL LIQUIDATION
PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 11:46 pm 

Mandi

I received an email today from my estate agent who said

"....the recent news that VFI SRL (Italian ltd co) has gone into liquidation. I have tried to call Antonio Velardo and have sent numerous emails to Andrew Anderson at VFI to ascertain what this company did, why they have gone into liquidation and what impact it has on any of their developments and purchasers. No reply as yet."

If I hear anything further I'll post it.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 12:04 am 

Hi Evie,
Could you PM me the relevent email addresses and i will try also. Maybe if enough of us hasstle them we will get a reply.
Thanks
Mandi

Report this post
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 12:36 am 

Mandi

My estate agent has emailed VFI SRL so I don't have the email addresses but I'll let you know if I hear anything. VFI phoned me this week about my apartment in Pizzo Beach being almost complete so perhaps the liquidation doesn't affect us (hopefully!).

Report this post
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 12:51 am 

Evie,
I have just emailed Roberta at VFI London, if i get a reply i will let you know.

Mandi

Report this post
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 12:20 pm 

I've just checked our contract and the name on it is "VFI Overseas Properties Real Estate Agent Limited" - even the part in Italian has it listed as this - is VFI SRL one and the same, and if not, who are they and do they have anything to do with our developments. Do we know yet where the original information came from?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 1:01 pm 

I think you will be dealing with local estate agent for the final signing

Report this post
PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 1:10 pm 

dgrcgl29 wrote:
I've just checked our contract and the name on it is "VFI Overseas Properties Real Estate Agent Limited" - even the part in Italian has it listed as this - is VFI SRL one and the same, and if not, who are they and do they have anything to do with our developments. Do we know yet where the original information came from?

I believe they are two different legal entities. One is a UK or Irish limited company and the SRL is the equivalent of a limited company in Italy.

VFI SRL are probably the company which made sales of properties in Italy. You can check your credit card statement to verify if this is the company which took your reservation deposit.

Last edited by Lavender on January 18th, 2010, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 18th, 2010, 7:58 pm 

Hi All
I recieved a reply from Roberta at VFI London today about the situation with VFI.
Apparently they are now building Pizzo Beach Club 2. So things cant be that bad.

Regards,

Mandi

Quote:
It is true that VFI Italy is no longer responsible for day to day activities in Italy. It was more important that a more experienced qualified Italian company carry out the day to day activities for VFI Ireland.

Nothing has changed in relation to your legal entity and contract. As you can see from our website marketing and branding campaign, VFI are rapidly expanding with new regions and new products. All clients coming on inspection flights or after-sales viewing will receive a professional service from VFI and their sister companies in Italy.

We’d also like to take this opportunity to inform you of the release of our new development Pizzo beach Club II. You as a client who purchased at Pizzo Beach Club I will only be too aware how successful the development is with clients completing in March/April this year. So if you or any member of your family or friends wish to purchase property at the new Pizzo beach Club II please contact us on : 0039 0963 547056.

Please if you have any other query about this do not hesitate to contact me or call Andrew directly at our Italian offices

Report this post
PostPosted: January 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm 

My estate agent has received a reply from VFI which says that "VFI SRL carried out all the sales and aftersales functions for VFI Ireland but for tax purposes they will now be handled by a different legal entity called Sud Consulting, which involves the same people in the same address providing the same services. He explained it was a voluntary arrangement to liquidate VFI SRL as part of internal restructuring". Although his discussions were about Pizzo Beach Club only, the liquidation shouldn't have any effect on completion, aftersales etc.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 20th, 2010, 9:46 pm 

eviegardner wrote:
VFI phoned me this week about my apartment in Pizzo Beach being almost complete so perhaps the liquidation doesn't affect us (hopefully!).

This afternoon VFI administrators informed me for our clients buying there about the completion of the development "Pizzo Beach Club". Therefore I can confirm this liquidation does not affect this building (it seems).

Avvocato Paolo Zagami
info@zagamilaw.com
www.zagamilaw.com

Report this post
PostPosted: January 20th, 2010, 9:58 pm 

Well that' s good news for those of you buying on this complex, let 's hope it stays that way.

Cheers Diane :)

Report this post
PostPosted: January 24th, 2010, 4:11 pm 

Dear All,

also our Law Firm assisted succesfully clients that signed new contracts with VFI in the latest days of December 2009, so, we are able to confirm you that the situation, at the moment, is good.

Should you need legal assistance in relation with this Company, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following email address:

info@italianlawyersnetwork.com

In the meantime, we would like to wish you a nice Sunday!

On behalf of
ItalianLawyersNetwork

www.italianlawyersnetwork.com

-Milano-Roma-Lamezia Terme-Gioia Tauro (RC). Next Opening in LONDON-

Report this post
PostPosted: January 24th, 2010, 6:24 pm 

ilnetwork wrote:
Dear All,

also our Law Firm assisted succesfully clients that signed new contracts with VFI in the latest days of December 2009, so, we are able to confirm you that the situation, at the moment, is good.

Don't you think that's a bit previous given that final planning consent has not been approved yet? Think that's what Giambrone Law's mistake was.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 25th, 2010, 11:43 am 

IMHO so long as the contract to buy has a clause regarding purchase being dependent upon planning permission being granted within a specific time frame it should not be a problem. Rather like making a will being dependent on a marriage taking place.(You leave everything to your wife/husband before you are actually married but if you do not marry something else happens)

Report this post
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 7:58 am 

Ill tell you exactly what they are doing. They are going to rename themselves something else, and re-register. Where do we know that tactic from before? Yes MRI, changed the name numerous times for very specific reasons im sure.

For those who bought before I hope the builder is as good as his word and he completes it. Its not right all the lies those fitzsimons and velardo have told to get peoples money. A pair of lying shams they are and I wouldnt say that unless I was absolutely sure. They are as much 'developers' as they are priests.

Technical difficulties in the Dublin office before was there? Dont you mean no staff is why they werent answering the phone? Why would you liquidate your italian company? Is it tax related I wonder? Maybe the new spokesperson can answer those questions for us?
Why would you liquidate your company if you are still operating in the same country? Maybe the straight talking harry could answer that one for us.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 26th, 2010, 6:04 pm 

Zagamilaw wrote:
eviegardner wrote:
VFI phoned me this week about my apartment in Pizzo Beach being almost complete so perhaps the liquidation doesn't affect us (hopefully!).

This afternoon VFI administrators informed me for our clients buying there about the completion of the development "Pizzo Beach Club". Therefore I can confirm this liquidation does not affect this building (it seems).

Avvocato Paolo Zagami
info@zagamilaw.com
http://www.zagamilaw.com

Dear Mr. Zagimani,

shoudl I be paying the completion money to VFI or to the builder or developer if they are not one and the same.

We are confused.

Thank you.

Bea Alisha

Report this post
PostPosted: October 27th, 2010, 5:15 pm 

if they want to complete if it was me I would go and do the completion with your solicitor and hand the monies to the Notary rather than the builder developer agent etc. this seems a little messy to me and rather safe than sorry by not being there in person to make sure it all goes thru properly and you have good title. if someone goes in solvent (bankrupt) over here you have to pay the purchase price to the adminstrator in bankruptcy who has been appointed to deal with the legal entity of the person/co, I do not know what the position is in Italy. There again if you appoint your solicitor as your pr and it all goes wrong you could sue him!

I will repeat that oft used phrase consult your good solicitor about the problem and then make your informed decision.

Good luck

Report this post
PostPosted: October 28th, 2010, 10:39 am 

Hi all, do not pay VFI or the builder, they have no right to send demanding letters for final payment, we received one this week for PBC, and was not even the correct apt. number on the letter ! Pay through your solicitor, who will then pay the builder on the day of completion which is how it should be, we are being threatened along with most other buyers at PBC that the builder will keep all our deposits if we do not pay up. How can you pay something that you have never had a correct invoice for ? WE have incorrect invoices from both the solicitors and VFI, VFI told us they had been told by the builder to send out the blanket letters.

Alan & Philomena APT 57f Pizzo Beach Club.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 28th, 2010, 12:13 pm 

auto11toj wrote:
Pay through your solicitor, who will then pay the builder on the day of completion which is how it should be,

Just be absolutely clear on this:
an Italian would have a bankers draft (assegno circolare) issued by his bank, and take it with him to the notary. Many foreign buyers don't have an Italian bank account so many notaries in Vibo Valentia have now client accounts in which they can receive money so they can issue the bankers draft on behalf of the buyer. I recommend using this facility.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 28th, 2010, 9:12 pm 

Hi All,
We have taken seperate legal advice this week, he told me never to pay VFI or builder. only pay by bankers draft, when your power of atorny is happy.

Mandi and Colin

Report this post
PostPosted: November 1st, 2010, 11:55 pm 

mandi1 wrote:
Hi All,
We have taken seperate legal advice this week, he told me never to pay VFI or builder. only pay by bankers draft, when your power of atorny is happy.

Mandi and Colin

It helps so much to be pointed in the right direction, thank. We have been advised the same, but will try to complete in person with our lawyer so we can look and learn and also it is interesting to see how these things work in another country, also it seems italians attend themselves normally.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 6:07 pm 

New Press Release on http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/10/prweb8875985.htm

"We have set ourselves some aggressive business and investment goals. As a group, we plan to invest about Euros 50 million in developing and marketing Calabria property within the next two years,” said Andrew Anderson of DGI Real Estate Investment. “Not only will this investment fuel our grand vision to unravel the magic of the Southern Italian Riviera to the rest of the world, but will also make a significant contribution to the local economy by creating significant employment opportunities.”

Report this post
PostPosted: October 16th, 2011, 5:23 pm 

Presumably this is the same Andrew Anderson who was previously a Chief Executive at VFI? After the fantastic customer relations and Aftersales service that VFI had, not to mention running off with customers furniture package monies, then presumably we can look forward to the 'new DGI' providing excellent customer service!!!

Report this post