A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 5th, 2009, 11:23 am 
The rumours re financial problems on this development are still circulating amongst UK Agents. Some are now refusing to sell on this development because of the uncertainty of the promised facilities and of remaining blocks being completed.

I hear several agents have recently visited the site and the once highly visible Developer has all but disappeared.

For those who have not completed please ensure your bank guarantees are inplace.

Report this post

PostPosted: December 6th, 2009, 2:04 pm 

Sorry to hear that Rosalind, I would just add to your post to ensure your bank guarantees are in place and that the provider is registered to issue such bank guarantees and that they adequately cover the risks involved.

There are a couple of threads currently running on the forum which have been started or posted on by lawyers on this subject which buyers might want to read.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2328

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2469

Report this post
PostPosted: December 6th, 2009, 7:24 pm 

I was at our apartment in Terina Village first week in November. The builders were still onsite and the block paving was going ahead. On talking to a few locals the weather in October had been very poor and the Tuesday of the week I was there there was a tremendous downpour with localised flooding. All this had delayed outside work. The fact that the builders are still working indicates the intention to complete.
Alistair

Report this post
PostPosted: May 24th, 2010, 7:34 pm 

IMHO a visit from a good structurel engineer would not be a bad idea before completing.

Report this post
PostPosted: May 25th, 2010, 9:02 pm 

Inspector some of your photos are of a little subjective as you have taken very up close pictures of some of the areas they acknowledge aren't finished yet, e.g. the pool area. In terms of our apartment we're very pleased with the finish etc. it is just the outside communal areas we are waiting to see completed.

Report this post
PostPosted: May 26th, 2010, 12:10 am 

Hi

I agree completly with Liz. I closed on my apartment in terina village about 14 months ago about 3 weeks before the date in my original contract. The finish inside was excellent and included as standard several items that don't normally seem to be included like water heater, air condition unit/heater unit. When I moved in I was connected to the builders electricity and they came in and supplied and fitted all light bulbs as well as changing plugs and connecting washing machine etc at no cost. Yes as liz says there is still outstanding work on communal areas and the pool. Personally I am very happy with what I have!

Catherine

Report this post
PostPosted: July 4th, 2010, 1:42 am 

Not sure when you looked last week but I am just back from a week in Terina village and I was woken at 7 am every morning with the builders arriving to work on the pool. Don't know how you didn't fall into it! Not sure how long it will take. As far as I know the builders in Italy are off for August so I'd say realistically it will be next summer before we get to enjoy it.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 10:34 am 

Got back from our apartment in Terina Village yesterday after another great 3 weeks. Weather a bit cooler this time and the resort was quieter, the credit crunch has hit. Still it was a fun 3 weeks. Had a couple of days in Syracuse and highly recommend visiting, especially the old town 'The Ortigia'.
As for what Granny Clampett called the 'Cement Pond', it is well under way (check attached photos). The builder was on site every day. The photos showing damage to exterior walls was disconcerting but there was a freak flood Jan 2nd to 5th this year. Pasquale of the Pizza told us water flooded into Nocera from the fields to the north of the town and reached Via Cavour. He had to close, The Villaggio de Golfo was flooded and if you look around you can see water marks on walls. All has since been repaired. Anyway I look forward to using the pool next year.
Regards Alistair
Attachment:
IMG050.jpg
IMG050.jpg [ 62.52 KiB | Viewed 8433 times ]

Attachments:
IMG051.jpg
IMG051.jpg [ 63.85 KiB | Viewed 8433 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 4:23 pm 

Hi Alistair,

Thanks for the update and the photos - we're heading out next week. Can't wait!

Liz & Michael

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2010, 11:08 am 

Not a lot of work went on in August it has to be said but the pool had come on a little bit since your pictures Alistair. I'm heading out there for a weekend in a couple of weeks so hopefully they'll have started work again in September!

Report this post
PostPosted: November 13th, 2016, 4:55 pm 

Does anyone have an e-mail address for the owners of the Kaloudis Village apartments, please.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 3:38 am 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
This development is in Greece and not Calabria, however the address on Goggle Maps is
Kaloudis Village Apartments
Arillas, Αρίλλας, Arillas Agiou Georgiou 491 00, Greece
+30 2663 051244

Last bumped by Anonymous on January 17th, 2017, 3:38 am.

Report this post