A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: December 15th, 2009, 12:01 am 

Hi Brandx
Is your solicitor G/L
:(

Report this post
PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 7:24 pm 

Hi

G/L were our original Solicitor and they had been advising us since
April this year that the property has been completed. However we visited the site in July & October and property was still not complete although there was work in progress.We have now changed Solicitors and things have moving along since then. If you want further info you can contact me on mariebrand_uk@hotmail.com

Report this post
PostPosted: December 30th, 2009, 12:14 pm 

Hi All, Could any one tell me the up to date issues relateing to Bergamotto has any one singed off yet, and if work will be completed this year 2010. We have heard that the first 3 blocks are now complet. our block C seem,s to be on a go slow. Thanks.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 9:03 pm 

Hi evea,

Seemingly 10 have signed off on their apartments..If you need any other info drop me an e-mail at-davidsharlene@hotmail.com..

Cheers

David

ote="evea"]Hi All, Could any one tell me the up to date issues relateing to Bergamotto has any one singed off yet, and if work will be completed this year 2010. We have heard that the first 3 blocks are now complet. our block C seem,s to be on a go slow. Thanks.[/quote]

Report this post
PostPosted: January 19th, 2010, 10:02 pm 

I am not a purchaser of this complex but noted that it was mentioned earlier that buyers were negotiating to keep a percentage of money back at completion stage, to provide some insurance about the completion of the whole site.

I wondered if anybody actually managed this?

Report this post
PostPosted: February 11th, 2010, 1:33 pm 

I got an e mail from Manzanares today. It states that if we are willing to complete the builder will finish off our apartment in 2 weeks.

here is part of the mail

“Bergamotto is a development comprising several blocks. All blocks’ shells have been built. Some of them have been fully finished, i.e., Block D and E. Block F is due to be finished in one weeks. The builder is going to complete approximately a further block approximately every three weeks or so, up to the end of June 2010. The builder expects to complete Block H by the end of May.

Things are moving on and it looking positive.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 11th, 2010, 4:33 pm 

Which block are you in? One block every 3 weeks? :o Really? Was that during a mammoth Grappa session. Hope its true but I'm doubting any of it. I hope I'm wrong but we have had so many tales.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 11th, 2010, 5:07 pm 

Hoping it's true but won't be staking my fast dwindling career on it....
When is completion for the whole development including pool due?

Cheers

Report this post
PostPosted: February 11th, 2010, 8:02 pm 
New photographs today on Tom Archdeacon's site

Report this post

PostPosted: February 11th, 2010, 9:59 pm 

Hi
we are in block (i) cant see that being ready till july /aug or even later as still top floor missing!
unless anybody knows different ?

Lou

Report this post
PostPosted: February 12th, 2010, 9:14 am 

I don,t want to get involved in any "my apartments better than yours" but if you look at the updated pics you will see a digger at the side of the 2 storey block. Thats there to dig out my wine cellar!!. He says he will have my apartment finished by wednesday if I send him my balance :lol: :lol: :lol:

Report this post
PostPosted: February 12th, 2010, 2:16 pm 

Yorkylad2008 wrote:
I don,t want to get involved in any "my apartments better than yours" but if you look at the updated pics you will see a digger at the side of the 2 storey block. Thats there to dig out my wine cellar!!. He says he will have my apartment finished by wednesday if I send him my balance :lol: :lol: :lol:

And a crate of Ciro will go down nicely too to bless the wine celler, If I knew this was an added exta I would have bought on this site instead of Jots. :lol:

Report this post
PostPosted: February 12th, 2010, 11:54 pm 

We are in block F and hoping to complete soon, though I wont hold my breath. Does anyone know if the villa on the original plans is still being built and if there are still apartments in block F to be sold?

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2010, 12:01 am 

we are in block (i) right next to (the villa ?) heard it may be a shop/bar/cafe
anybody know what the latest is on it?
Being in block (i) doesn't look like that will be done till aug/sept looking at the latest updated pictures!

Report this post
PostPosted: February 15th, 2010, 6:18 pm 

Has anyone in Block F been asked to complete?

What are your opinions on completing on an unfinished Block?

If anyone has completed in D & E what condition were the Blocks in when you signed up?

We received another mail from our Lawyer today "encouraging us " to sign up for completion with the usual recession and it being in "our interests" statements.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 25th, 2010, 8:38 pm 

Hi

Just to let you know that after taking advice from our Solicitor-Jolanda at VFL in Roccella, we decided to go ahead and complete on our flat in Block F1-1 last Friday-a % of the balance payment has been retained by our Lawyer and the builder has 6 months to complete the outstanding work.

My husband travelled over to Italy from Scotland with a van load of furniture on Saturday and arrived in Italy on Tuesday. He picked up the keys from our Lawyer and is very pleased with the standard of finish of the apartment.He has arranged for the builder to paint the flat and is also checking out prices for air conditioning units and fitted kitchen.

Work is progressing rapidly on the develpment with approx 30 workers on site. He has taken loads of photos which will be posted on his return.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 25th, 2010, 10:31 pm 

cant wait to see the pictures, love to see what the finished apartment will look like!!
We are in block (i) if he gets chance be great to see a picture of it please!!!
How did the completion go anything we should be aware of and if you don't mind what % did the solicitor hold back ??

thanks

lou

Report this post
PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 7:19 pm 

Is there anybody out there having trouble with their Bergamotto 1 investment? I feel like we have been messed around for long enough and it’s time to take action. There is enough of us involved to get together become a force to be reckoned with. Let’s get in touch and act now! Two heads are better than one, ten unhappy investors and we will get our money back
My name is David, email: davemulvaney24@yahoo.ie ph: 0861974849

Report this post
PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 7:26 pm 

gazncaz wrote:
Has anyone in Block F been asked to complete?

What are your opinions on completing on an unfinished Block?

If anyone has completed in D & E what condition were the Blocks in when you signed up?

We received another mail from our Lawyer today "encouraging us " to sign up for completion with the usual recession and it being in "our interests" statements.

Is there anybody out there having trouble with their Bergamotto 1 investment? I feel like we have been messed around for long enough and it’s time to take action. There is enough of us involved to get together become a force to be reckoned with. Let’s get in touch and act now! Two heads are better than one, ten unhappy investors and we will get our money back
My name is David, email: davemulvaney24@yahoo.ie ph: 0861974849

Report this post
PostPosted: March 1st, 2010, 8:13 pm 

I have just returned from Gioiosa and the Bergamotto site. We have ought in Block F and although this unit is not finished, I was happy to push on completion which I have now done. Many of the buyers solicitors are retaining a percentage and I would suggest this is the best course of action. There were approx 20-30 persons working on the site and deliveries every day of timber, frames, bricks and roofing tiles which was all very promising. I have taken some photos and will post them on the site later this week. I drove over from Glasgow with furniture accompanied by another buyers goods in a 7.5 tonnes vehicle. This size took enough furniture for 2 x 2 bedroom flats but the route we took down was troubled by going through Switzerland who would not allow us to cross their border and instead we had to go through the german border but again this was not an easy route. My brother is driving back via France and the main costs are fuel and road tolls which are very expensive!!! Again I will try and show rough costs in the forum later. My experiences are that furniture is very expensive in Italy and unless you want to buy everything from Ikea then you will pay more for quality pieces. The new Ikea is on the main A3 road in Salerno approx 51/2 hours drive. But in general my furniture would have cost me a lot more if I had bought a similar quaility in Italy. You either get a smaller van like a MercedesSprinter or Luton Van which would take enough for your own apartment and drive down which depending on where you are in the Uk (from Glasgow in a 7.5 tonnes vehicle) will take approx 4 days (restrictions with speed for this size of vehicle).

I am happy to discuss further but I know there is someone on the forum who states they got a driver to take a mercedes sprinter with furniture for a 2 bedroom flat at a cost from England for £1400 pounds approx. Anyway happy to discuss further.

David

Report this post
PostPosted: March 1st, 2010, 10:06 pm 

David
Really interested in your journey from Glasgow, we live near Lanark.
Can't seem to pm you.
Would you give me an email no to respond to.
mags

Report this post
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2010, 6:31 pm 

contact mariebrand_uk@hotmail.com

Report this post
PostPosted: March 5th, 2010, 5:55 pm 

Hi - can anyone familiar with the Bergamotto I site help us? We signed up to buy on Bergamotto II and have now been offered Apartment E3.1 on Bergamotto I. From our research this seems to overlook a car parking area - is this right? We have also been told Block E is near the swimming pool, faces the sea and is totally completed. Is anyone able to confirm or refute this information?
Many thanks.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 5th, 2010, 6:23 pm 

Hi
Block E is near the pool , but as for sea facing that all depends on which side you are on in the block, they must be able to send you a site plan and a plan of the block E
this link shows the latest pictures of block E

lou block (i)

http://propertymarketitaly.com/developm ... BERGAMOTTO I BLOCK E&pics=2&message=Next Update-02/04/2010

Report this post
PostPosted: March 13th, 2010, 6:22 pm 

:D Hi just to let you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, we completed last friday everything went smoothly ours is in block E whilst there someone completed in block F there apartment was finished (all windows doors ect in) lots of work in progress also have been told pool has been paid for and as soon as weather improved it will be installed I think the more people that complete the faster the site will finish.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 13th, 2010, 6:34 pm 

just to say that block E31 faces the car park and fountain I think you can see the mountains but the sea is on the oposite side the finish on the apartment is very good we are in this block.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 14th, 2010, 7:54 pm 

Hi All, have been reading all posts with great interest. We have bought in Block C - looks like we will be last to get there !! Am concerned that you are completing without a 'habitation certificate' in place. Unless I'm very wrong does this not mean you cannot use your apartment? We purchased another apartment for rental purposes (another country) and were not asked to pay any money until 'habitation certificate' was in place. We had hoped our apartment would be ready last year - guess I'd better book our summer holiday for this year somewhere else !!! Am also interested in what anyone else in block C is doing. Only read these posts today or would have made an effort to be there for the 'get together' as I do believe only by a large number of us having a 'face to face' with whoever is pulling the strings at that end will we actually move forward.
Interested in any comments.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 15th, 2010, 9:46 am 

Hi Eveline,
Blocks D,E,F have got habitation certificates in place.I completed on my apartment in Block D on the 1st Feb and as far as I am aware at least 12 others have completed so far.
Ive just got back from Calabria in the last few days,during my stay I spoke to others that were snagging their apartments(in the pouring rain)the weather was awful!!
If you are reading this Kitty/Susan I have kept your wine in a safe place hopefully we will meet up again to share the craic..slanj...It was nice to meet you!
I noticed that there were at least 20-30 workmen on site everyday.Now that the builder has got some cash the works are now gaining a head of steam!Long may that continue..
Whilst I was there I saw that Blocks C and F were getting worked on as well as G and H.
Hopefully fingers crossed the development will be completed at some stage this year!

Good Luck,

David

Report this post
PostPosted: March 15th, 2010, 11:09 am 

Hi
we are in block (i) just wander if you saw much progress on this ?
Anything we should be aware of on completing that you didn't know about before going over?
Also did you see what they intend to build right next to the gates as you walk onto the site heard it maybe a cafe/shop ?

lou

Report this post
PostPosted: March 15th, 2010, 12:50 pm 

Hi David
My wife and I are buying in block D also, after a very worrying time at the back end of last year when progress seemed to stop, we have now come to the conclusion that it's probably best for us to complete. I do hope the cash from these early completions will see the site progress well. Can I ask about the level of finish in the buildings? for instance when we last visited there were no handrails on the stair cases etc. Are they now really completely finished?
If you have any pics that would be great. Also I'd really appreciate a chat if that's at all possible, perhaps you could either P.M me your number or you could e mail it to my hot mail address:

calabria.phil@yahoo.co.uk.

I'm Pleased everything went well for you and look forward to hearing from you!

PhilC

Report this post
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 4:32 pm 

'It's all gone quiet over there' to quote the footall song. We have tried in vain to contact our lawyer about completing :evil: . Has anyone completed recently or been asked to complete in the near future?

Gazncaz

Proud new Grandparents to Abi-Rose :D :lol:

Report this post
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 6:50 pm 

Dear gazncaz I hope youn dont mind me asking but who are your lawyers and which block are you in, we completed in march.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 28th, 2010, 9:16 pm 

To Gaznaz

Congratulations to you and your on the birth of your grandchild, hope mum and dad and Abie Rose are all well

Cheers Diane

Nice to have some good news

Report this post
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 10:34 am 

Archie

We are in Block F and our Lawyers are Manzanares.

Gary

Report this post
PostPosted: March 31st, 2010, 12:50 am 

Gazncaz We also had Menzanares and have completed, ask to speak to Hedier he is very helpfull and speaks good English he is based in the spanish branch Archhie1

Report this post
PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 2:04 pm 

I can also recommend Hidde.
He was very informative(which does make a change)I also completed without ant hiccups!
I will be travelling out to Gioioisa on the 28/04/10,Prestwick-Milan-Lamezia returning on the 03/05/10 if anyone fancies a beer im in Block D.

Cheers,
David :wink: :wink:

Report this post
PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 2:44 pm 

david1970 wrote:
I will be travelling out to Gioioisa on the 28/04/10,Prestwick-Milan-Lamezia returning on the 03/05/10 if anyone fancies a beer im in Block D.

Cheers,
David :wink: :wink:

Hi David,
Are you able to make either the outward or inward journeys without a stopover?

Pooch

Report this post
PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 4:24 pm 

Hi Pooch,

I land at Milan(Bergammo)at 9pm on the 28th and catch the 0730 flight on the 29th to Lemezia..coming back is fine no stop overs required..

Cheers,

David

Report this post
PostPosted: April 10th, 2010, 2:41 pm 

Looks like we may be completing at the end of April :D . Any tips would be welcome. We are going to use POA as we can't get over at that time. Please e mail me at connor691@btinternet.com.

Gary and Caroline

Report this post
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 6:57 pm 

EvelineArcher wrote:
Hi All, have been reading all posts with great interest. We have bought in Block C - looks like we will be last to get there !! Am concerned that you are completing without a 'habitation certificate' in place. Unless I'm very wrong does this not mean you cannot use your apartment? We purchased another apartment for rental purposes (another country) and were not asked to pay any money until 'habitation certificate' was in place. We had hoped our apartment would be ready last year - guess I'd better book our summer holiday for this year somewhere else !!! Am also interested in what anyone else in block C is doing. Only read these posts today or would have made an effort to be there for the 'get together' as I do believe only by a large number of us having a 'face to face' with whoever is pulling the strings at that end will we actually move forward.
Interested in any comments.

Report this post
PostPosted: April 12th, 2010, 7:07 pm 

Hi ALL, WE ARE BUYERING IN BLOCK C , WAS ON TO CARLOS WITH A BIT OF LUCK WE MAY BE SINGING OFF IN MAY, ONE WAY OR OTHER WE HOPE TO GO OVER IN MAY,CAN ANY ONE BUYERING IN BLOCK C LET US KNOW HOW THERE ARE GEETING ON,AS OTHER BLOCKS SEEM TO BE COMPLET HAS ANY ONE MOVED IN TO THE COMPLEX YET. THANKS.

Report this post
PostPosted: April 20th, 2010, 12:44 pm 

Sent money and POA forms to lawyer today. Trying to complete at end of April(27th). Going over on 11th june for a week. It's been a long time coming and we are really looking forward to visiting our flat and meeting everyone from the forum. :D

Report this post
PostPosted: April 21st, 2010, 8:30 pm 

Congratulations gazncaz.
Hope everything goes well for you on the 27th we completed on the 30th of March. Great to see that it's all coming together well at last! The swimming pool is progressing well - it seems that as more people complete the builder is able to fund more work. There's still a lot to be done but the the standard of finish inside the apartments is very high, and when its all complete I think it will be superb. Enjoy your trip in June - we were there in June two years ago and it was seriously HOT. Would be great if you could post some pictures when you get back to let us see how it's all progressing.
Regards

Phil.

Report this post
PostPosted: April 29th, 2010, 10:40 pm 

Completed on 27th as planned. all went well apart from barclays ripping us off for 2 grand. gave us price at local branch then took 2k more for transaction :x :x :x . buyers beware

Report this post
PostPosted: April 30th, 2010, 12:28 am 

Hi Gazncaz - i have just today applied for a mortgage with Barclay's and a bit worried after reading your post.

Could you provide more info on the reason for having to pay an extra 2000 euros pls?

Also, Did you use a broker in Calabria for the mortgage or was it direct with the bank?

Cheers,
Paul

Report this post
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 11:11 am 

pauland caroline

have pm'd you with details

Gary

Report this post
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 8:32 pm 

Hi We have received up to date photos of development from our solicitor

Attachments:
italyy.jpg
italyy.jpg [ 36.49 KiB | Viewed 4472 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 8:36 pm 

Fountain at Bergamotto

Attachments:
fountain.jpg
fountain.jpg [ 39.53 KiB | Viewed 4471 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: May 5th, 2010, 11:39 pm 

Hi Gazncaz - have checked but can't find any PM from yourself with regards to the hidden mortgage costs from Barclays.

Any chance you could send the detail again please?

Thanks,
Paul

Report this post
PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 1:39 pm 

They basically quoted me 1.14 and then gave me 1.10. Thats were 2k difference came from. You need to "Book a rate" as we found out. Got 1K back though after much arguing :D

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next