A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Medsea Contacts
PostPosted: January 26th, 2009, 10:54 pm 
I would try and contact Bella Calabria directly who will probably pass you onto a Carl Muson of propmed as this person seems to be representing them in some capacity.Ask him directly when they are putting workmen on the project and when they intend finishing it.I believe you may well get a reply of sorts but get it in writing.
Hopefully you used fully independent solicitors and have penalty clauses in place.
Medsea,Italian connection from the many accounts now appear a spentforce,and i fear can be of no help whatsoever.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 6:27 pm 

will this link prove to be as reliable as "regular contact" from our aftersales team" I wonder..........

Report this post
PostPosted: January 31st, 2009, 5:45 pm 

NO because the links not working!

Report this post
PostPosted: January 31st, 2009, 5:52 pm 

I know Random there was a slight hint of irony in my post :evil: arggghhhhhh !!!! just when a glimmer of light seemed to be appearing!

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 7:54 am 

The customer service from them is unreal have not heard from them since late November, with all the rumours going around the first thing I would be doing is talking to my customers and letting them know what is going on be it good or bad so that everyone knows what is happening.

Rather than leave people in the dark not knowing anything and fueling the rumours futher and letting them get wound up and worry

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 11:06 am 

I spoke to them a few weeks ago was promised an e mail with the link info on, if it was not for others on this forum I would still be waiting. I think another phonecall is due. I am going out in June (when the hotels near Sea Hills appear to open) I have (on Friday)sent an e mail to VFL sols to do some official chasing as like you I do not like being left in the dark! Had enough of that at work!!! :x
Feel like a puppy chasing my tail.....

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 12:15 pm 

We met up with Sam regarding our apartment at the collinetta last week,there are two in the office and thats all, they are downsizing offices moving further into Roccella as the office they have is too big. The telephone number will remain the same though.

For those who have bought at the Collinetta we got told that the completion date will be end of October/November due to the bad weather laying off the workforce, that's for all apartments as the builder has decided not to complete on the apartments that will be finished by July as you would be paying to live on a building site. That made sense to us and in view of the pound against the Euro it works in our favour.

I agree with Randomguys comments though, they should send an email to all their clients informing them as to whats going on, rumours do more harm than good and send a mass panic out to clients. not good for business

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 4:35 pm 

Hi all
I returned from Roccella yesterday. Workforce traditionaly have a long xmas break and can concur about bad weather stopping all sites since then. There is a Presidential decree, signed by Berlesconni, declaring the area a disaster area.( I was given a copy by my NEW lawyer as I was pressing for answers.)
Not only sea prom's destroyed but mountain roads collapsed and swamped by mudslides. The A3 from Rosana to Reggio was completely blocked by a mudslide last Friday and I believe some people lost their lives.This kind of thing is widespread and a lot of the workforce has been seconded to clear up and rebuild.
The weather was sunshine and rain, pretty heavy and mostly in the evening. On Sat I was having lunch in Tropea outside in warm bright sunshine having travelled through some rain. It is difficult to drive down to the bottom by the beach as half the road is blocked off under the cliffs and the other end is just one mud patch.
It will take some time to get the damage to the whole area repaired and I think it will affect the rate of progress on the sites. I looked at San Salvadore and San Domenico and there was no work at either site.
As far as IC are concerned Sam is still holding the fort with Richard putting in an appearance. Sams husband is helping in opening Bank accounts and aftercare installations. Kay is unfortunatly in UK due to family sickness Carlos was not in all week as he is up north and the lady who does the finances was there. I was still getting all the help I requested and Sam helped me with Solicitor appointments etc.
If I had not gone to visit I would not be as content as I am. I discovered people /Company's who have aftercare plans at reasonable rates or are planning to set them up. I was able to decide on wether to swap lawyers,
I discovered the reason for lack of progress on sites but most of all I found the beaches still inviting, the food still desirable, the people still friendly and Calabria still Bella.
Be optomistic stay cool and keep your dreams and it will be alright.
Allen C

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 7:04 pm 

thanks allen you echo what we were told, I feel a lot better after visiting and talking to sam, I feel very positive about the Collinetta, the fact that it will be delayed in completion for me is good, works in my favour,

Weather when we arrived was awful pouring rain and thunderbolts flying but picked up by Monday, shame we had to come home on the tuesday. :wink:

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 9:01 pm 

diane wrote:
thanks allen you echo what we were told, I feel a lot better after visiting and talking to sam, I feel very positive about the Collinetta, the fact that it will be delayed in completion for me is good, works in my favour,

Weather when we arrived was awful pouring rain and thunderbolts flying but picked up by Monday, shame we had to come home on the tuesday. :wink:

Hi Diane
Glad you got good news .We compleated in oct 2007 we had a few hicups
but Sam richard and rocco were very helpfull and helped sort things out.We
..bought in la brezza it is still a building site but we have enjoyed being their because the beach is just across the road hopefully it will be finished soon.Mary :P

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 9:07 pm 

Hi Mary

Rocco is no longer with IC although Sam & Richard are still there. The office is closing in a month's time. Hopefully they will find new premisies before then.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 9:17 pm 

vosia wrote:
Hi Mary

Rocco is no longer with IC although Sam & Richard are still there. The office is closing in a month's time. Hopefully they will find new premisies before then.

Hi Visoa
Yes i heard rocco is no longer with ic, he is a very nice lad i hope he finds
,employment soon.I think-the down turn is hitting everybody. Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2009, 11:11 pm 

Hiya Vosia
When we was talking to Sam she said that the office was moving to smaller premises but it would still be in Roccella so that the tel number would remain the same, the impression she gave was that they had offices to move into, not that they didn't. hopefully tha is true. :)

Report this post
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2009, 11:27 am 

http://medseaestates.protectedsite.net:5900/propertyMarket/bianco/index.jsp

Lets try again
Here is another link ( its working at present!!!!)

Hope this helps out anyone else unable to use the link !

Graham

Report this post
PostPosted: February 19th, 2009, 12:19 pm 

Morning/afternoon all,
I have been badgering the Italian connection team regarding Sea Hills and have been told that the new web link will have photographs on it as from 09 March 2009.. I also asked to confirm/deny the completition date being put back they have supplied a link to the developer for me to fire off my enquiry hope this helps anyone else feeling left out the loop at the moment !

E mail address:- bellacalabria2005.s@libero.it

Graham

Report this post
PostPosted: February 19th, 2009, 1:13 pm 

YES - THINK WE ARE ALL OUT OF LOOP

Report this post
PostPosted: February 19th, 2009, 8:33 pm 

Dean tried to PM you... but it or I failed ! contents of pm as follows

Hi again Dean are you contacting I/C?
The path this looks like it may be taking is not looking as rosy as it did when the deposit etc was paid, Have you had any contact recently from them?
Ta Graham

ps looking at bank guarentees extensions etc as it seems to indicate a delay coming our way!

Report this post
PostPosted: February 20th, 2009, 5:56 pm 

Joanne,

When you pulled out of your purchase at Amusa, did you managed to get your deposit refunded?

We have been fighting to get ours back but to-date to no avail. IC tell me the builder won't refund even through we didn't sign a non-refundable contract and were promised a refund if we decided we didn't want to go ahead. We paid Medsea/IC not the builder

We pulled out because we couldn't get a response in 18 months to our query about the garden which we wanted including in the contract as that is what we paid for. According to Italian law - if it's not in the contract you are not entitled to it and the builder doesn't have to provide.

I wondered what your experience was.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 20th, 2009, 10:16 pm 

When we signed the preliminary contract and paid the 3000 euro deposit two years ago, we were firmly told that the deposit was not refundable under circumstances if we pulled out of the sale. The 3000 would form part of the total purchase price.

The 50% deposit paid since then is not refundale either if we decide to pull out.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2009, 4:46 pm 

howard wrote:
joanne wrote:
contact with ***** ********, We found it far easier to contact ***** ******** direct, If we hadnt we would have been to-ing and fro-ing forever and getting nowhere. we also got to meet the builder myself which meant no one could fob us off with what was or wasnt happening - just a thought for you all that seem to be getting no answers - why not go direct to your developer or even the builder.

Unfortunately the developer that you name is the problem for some of us!

Joanne how did you get in contact with the builder. IC wont give me the details they said that they are moving, and that a personal mobile is all they have and are not prepared to give that out (understandably)

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2009, 10:46 pm 

Gene

We met the builder when we viewed the house (as it was already built).

Regards joanne

Report this post
PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 12:47 pm 

Hi,

I'm not trying to Spam this post or anything I hasten to add it's just that I work for a company called CPC Holding.

My name's Samantha Roberts and CPC Holding is the company, we help throughout the UK and have recently had an enquiry about Medsea here in the office which led to a good bit of research and it being added to our (very long) list of problem companies.

It seems that we're able to help in a lot of instances and I spoke to my boss and anyone who gives us a ring and quotes calabria homes we are prepared to give you guys a free no obiligation consultation...

I've been looking at the mess some of the people are in and it quite simply infuriates me.

It's our job to solve problems abroad and I think that there's a lot of members on here that we can help.

The company was formed out of being disgusted at the way some people have been treated in the past and how so many people feel lost in a minefield.

We spend everyday campaigning for clients and helping in any way we can. if anyone wants to ring us you're more than welcome to just have a chat because I can imagine a lot of people are really upset. 01913782389.

I truly hope we can help some of you.

Sam

Report this post
PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 2:03 pm 

Hi Samantha

On your website it says "In this day and age companies are very impersonal and when making steps towards a life-changing purchase or dealing with the hardship of the European Courts it's vitally important you know who you're dealing with"...

I cant find any details of your company at Companies House? Sorry for the question but it is important that members of this forum know who they are dealing with when they are paying out more money to try and resolve their problems.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 2:23 pm 

Of course!

Firstly we assess everyone's case individually and don't take a penny off clients unless we can help and after we've given them ALL of their options.

We cant list as CPC Holding with Companies House which we didnt know until all the print was done and the website domain was purchased - here's the email they sent us.

Proposed Company Name: CPC HOLDING LTD
Companies House Submission Number: 016-321953

Please quote the submission number in any communications with Companies House..

Your New Incorporation for the above company was rejected on 22/06/2011 for the following reason(s):

We are unable to accept incorporation applications via the Web Incorporation Service if the company name contains a sensitive word or phrase. If you wish to re-file your application with supporting evidence, please file on paper or use a formation agent. See our website for details. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Your proposed company name includes the word "holding". To use this word the company must either hold more than half of the issued share capital of another registered company or be a member of that second company and control the make-up of the board of directors. Please provide written confirmation which names the subsidiary company. If the company cannot satisfy these conditions on registration, you must confirm when you return your application that it will do so within 3 months.

Basically they didn't like the name Holding so we're in the (long and boring) process of dealing with that!

Hope that's ok!

We're based at 1 Artemis Court, Meadowfield, Durham DH7 8XQ and our door is always open.

I guess that's all I can say!

But I can assure you, there is no offense taken as we're dealing with those kinds of companies daily that hide themselves with the sole purpose of tricking you, so we're definitely not going to follow those lines!

Sam

Report this post
PostPosted: July 11th, 2011, 2:15 pm 

Just to let everyone know. Our registration has been sorted finally - believe me it was a nightmare because of the word "Holding".

Now we have had to register as CPC WORLDWIDE LTD, we are still trading as CPC Holding but we do also include our company registration on our documents of course.

Company Number is 7697014.

Hope this shows that we put our money where our mouth is and that we're genuine. There's so many sharks out there so it's understandable!

Thanks,

Sam

Report this post