A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Medsea Contacts
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2008, 11:24 pm 

Has anyone got a good contact at Medsea. Someone there who can speak English and is reliable to deal with?
Need to contact them urgently and havent got the patience to get passed around!
Many thanks

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Medsea Contacts
PostPosted: November 4th, 2008, 7:51 am 

mailto:mariebolton@medsea.org sorry am at work and don't have her number with me but you will get a quick reply via email from her.

Report this post
PostPosted: November 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm 

Hiya

Try "Cassie Panetta inspectionsItaly@medseaestates.com normally get a fast reply from Cassie. She speaks reasonably good english or try heading the mail fao Gillian, who also speaks good english. hope it helps

Report this post
PostPosted: November 5th, 2008, 9:51 am 

How did you get on?

Report this post
PostPosted: November 5th, 2008, 6:11 pm 

Hi RandonGuy

I emailed Marie who did respond immediately - albeit to say she has passed my email on tho the General Manager, Jaime Gonzalez in Italy, and he will contact me "as soon as possible". His email address is jaime@medsea.org

I hope he is as quick in replying as she is.

Thanks for your help

Report this post
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 7:18 pm 

Hi all I have over the past few days tried all sorts of contacts including Cassie, I have as yet not got any reply, I have used the last contact details supplied so he shud be getting a few e mials by now....... I must admit to being a tiny bit concerned at the slowness of replies and the lack of updates, I have 11 months till completion now... Fingers crossed there is not going to be a hitch

Report this post
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 8:02 pm 
From what we hear Cassie has gone and most of the remaining aftersales staff we understand there has been alot more redundancys.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 8:12 pm 

Just as an update - I did not receive any reply from Jaime.

Their after-sales support is non-existent.
I needed infomration and help for a development due to complete (hopefully!) within the next few months, which was ignored.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 8:17 pm 

When I was in Rocella in Dec most of the staff were made redundant. Sam Whyte & Richard, Carlos, Jaime, Ben & Kay were the only ones still there on 13th Dec when I came home.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 9:31 pm 

Hi All
I am visiting Rocella on 27th Jan to 31st Jan with a view to having a face to face with both G&L and IC to find out what is happening. We too are due to complete on an apt on the San Domenico site in April ish.
We have a signed contract with the developer/builder (Bella Calabria)so if IC renage on their promises we will complete direct through G&L and accept all the hassle that might bring.
Will put any info I glean on the forum after I return.
Keep pedaling
Allen C

Report this post
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 9:57 pm 

Hi Allen,

Good Luck with that. I am going out in February with a view to completing on the San Rocco II development. By the sounds of it we will be lucky to find any IC staff there to help with this.

I have left G&L and am now with another solicitor so I hope that they will be able to formulate a way to deal directly with the builder.

If anyone has completed recently perhaps they could share their experiences.

Cheers,

Dave

Report this post
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 10:02 pm 

vosia wrote:
When I was in Rocella in Dec most of the staff were made redundant. Sam Whyte & Richard, Carlos, Jaime, Ben & Kay were the only ones still there on 13th Dec when I came home.

hi Vosia
Can you tell me if rocco is still working for ic ,or did you see him when you were in Rocella, we were trying to get in touch with him.
Mary :

Report this post
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 11:25 pm 

hello Dave and all due to complete on San Rocco 2.

I completed in December without any hitches.Sam is on holiday until the 7th according to her e.mail .I think they are going to have a reduced after sales dept., but we will still have support.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 8th, 2009, 11:33 pm 

Hi All,

I spoke with Sam Whyte today with regard to having our kitchen and air conditioning units fitted in San Rocco II. She was the only person in the office today and I'm sure she said that it is only her, Jaime (who is at present in Spain) and Carlos (who is at present in hospital!) there now. But she is still there to give support and advice to everyone. She was most helpful today and we are going in to see her next Month when she will help us with getting light fittings etc sorted.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 9th, 2009, 1:17 pm 

Sam can be contacted on 0039 0964 866657 - they have no email access at the moment

Report this post
PostPosted: January 9th, 2009, 1:24 pm 

Thanks for that number , do you know why can't contact by e.mail?

How are you and your problems any results yet? Great to know you're keeping in touch, don't give up.

Phyl.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 9th, 2009, 1:28 pm 

Hi Phyl

No change for me - I have refused to pay more so still waiting.
Happy New Year!

Report this post
PostPosted: January 9th, 2009, 11:05 pm 

I spoke to Sam today and she is hoping to have email access back by Monday.

For any of you interested in San Rocco, there was plenty of work going on in Block 1 today, guys plastering the walls etc. The weather has been awful today though, heavy rain, fog and wind most of the day. Yesterday was like a Summers day, breakfast on the balcony. (Sorry!!!!)

Irishlass

transformer wrote:
Thanks for that number , do you know why can't contact by e.mail?

How are you and your problems any results yet? Great to know you're keeping in touch, don't give up.

Phyl.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 11th, 2009, 9:01 am 

Just a thought, we completed in December and it was fairly smooth - we had to complete within 6 weeks from start to finish as our property was already completed (albeit minus a kitchen and air con!!). We originally made a purchase in Amusa through Italian Connection, but when it was delayed for another 12 months and no one told us we decided to pull out and go direct - so we found an agent in the UK who got us in direct contact with Bella Calabria, We found it far easier to contact Bella Calabria direct, If we hadnt we would have been to-ing and fro-ing forever and getting nowhere. we also got to meet the builder myself which meant no one could fob us off with what was or wasnt happening - just a thought for you all that seem to be getting no answers - why not go direct to your developer or even the builder. we also did research and used VFL International Law Firm who also stood for nothing and were very hot on getting everything done as opposed to some lawyers who seem to have no answers. If anyone needs any contact numbers or advice on being impatient please ask.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 11th, 2009, 11:44 am 

Hi Joanne,

is that the VFL in Roccella Jonica? Jolanda is the ladies name there?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 11th, 2009, 12:17 pm 

[quote="joanne"]contact with ***** ********, We found it far easier to contact ***** ******** direct, If we hadnt we would have been to-ing and fro-ing forever and getting nowhere. we also got to meet the builder myself which meant no one could fob us off with what was or wasnt happening - just a thought for you all that seem to be getting no answers - why not go direct to your developer or even the builder.

Unfortunately the developer that you name is the problem for some of us!

Report this post
PostPosted: January 11th, 2009, 12:35 pm 

I totally understand they can be the problem, it just seems most people are going to their agents, who then have to speak to them - I just found it easier to speak to them direct and give them grief - believe me I gave them grief, but it got me my house sooner and smoother (I think)!!

And yes Jolanda, VFL Lawyers, cant recommend her enough, she works next to Bella Calabria and if she has a query pops into the get the answers - it worked for me. I just wanted to let you know how I got round my problems.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 11th, 2009, 5:25 pm 

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know my experience.

When it gets to completion time, It's the builder who is usually present at the notary along with your translator and/or lawyer. IC assist us up until completion day.

The builder acts on behalf of the developer "Bella Calabria" and therefore signs all the papers. The purchase is now with you, the builder and the developer.

If anyone needs more info on completion day please pm me as I have now been through it and we are all here to help and support each other.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 11th, 2009, 7:17 pm 

Cheers Joanne
I will get hold of her and ask the questions, also going to call the number suppied in a previous link, thanks all. will post any updates I get on here.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 11th, 2009, 9:07 pm 

Well Joanne must congratulate you on the way you set about your purchase, a lot better than most of us. I wish I could contact the builder as easy as you. I have been trying to make direct contact with this man for the past four months. Phone Bella Calabria and the only person you can speak to is Antonella, who assures us all they are not the builders just promoters. To top it all she has no contact number for the man. I have been asking for my deposit on Vista Montagna to be refunded, as the builder has now breached the contract on three occasions. Completion date now end of april. I have been told from Bella Calabria there wll be no refund of any kind. Medsea are about finished now, but they never had any clout at all against this builder. As for the great legal firm Giambrone Law enough said.
So if you have any direct numbers for the builder,or the lawyer you engaged It would be appreciated.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 12:11 am 

Hi buddie

We are also buying in Vista Montagne as well as San Rocco II, I notice you have said that VM will not be ready until end of April, where did you manage to get that info from. Did you receive the info that if they weren't completed by 31st December the builder would have to pay us 300 euros a month?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 12:25 am 

lisacb wrote:
Hi everyone,

IC assist us up until completion day.

The builder acts on behalf of the developer "Bella Calabria" and therefore signs all the papers. The purchase is now with you, the builder and the developer.

On the San Rocco II contract, Bella Calabria are the sales agent or promoter if you like. A power of attorney was granted by the builder (or developer shall I say) to Bella Calabria to act on their behalf during the preliminary contract stages.

Since I haven't completed and not seen a final deed of sale I cannot see how the relationship develops from there.

I've seen use of the word "developer" used by various parties for Italian Connection, Bella Calabria and the builder so it is important when you are trying to 'lock down the information' that you find out WHO they are actually referring to by name.

In terms of IC assistance, doesn't look there will be much of that if only Sam Whyte is in the office and everyone has been made redundant.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 1:07 pm 

Right, I have also spoken to Sam, who was very open with the current employment situation with I,C I asked about the next inspection update and was told that these are no longer going to happen. The new way of us obtaining updates is by a weblink that we will have access to. This is going to have new pictures etc loaded up every TWO weeks
I asked if the current "lay offs will have any effect on the purchase and was told no. (being one of the most cynical of creatures ever to have walked on Gods earth) I hope this is going to be the case.... Still Cheers for the contact number people and will keep fingers crossed the promised e mail will arrive in the next few days.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 3:08 pm 

Hi

We mailed our solicitor (Manzanares) and asked what would happen if Medsea closed, the answer was nothing as the contract is between us and the builder, so i would assume that the same applies to you.

thanks for the info about a web link though that will be good to see what's happening on site, hopefully we will all receive that email.

Diane

Report this post
PostPosted: January 12th, 2009, 10:39 pm 

How are you Caz,
It was Sam at I.C. I managed to catch her on the phone last week. She gave me a number for Bella Calabria, I spoke to a woman named Antonella who again confirmed the date Sam gave 31st April.
I'd never heard of the 300 euro per month compensation. But I've not had one email answered in the past couple of months from either Medsea or Giambrone.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 17th, 2009, 5:15 pm 

Hello again One and all. Below is a copy of an e mail I recieved today regarding Sea Hills and Italian Connections. I hope this will help out anyone else who was like me getting twitchy !! :D
I hope you are well, I apologise for not replying before, to improve our services we are modernising our systems, next week you will receive an e-mail with a LINK, clicking on this link you will be able to see updated photos of the complex and also when the next inspections will take place, ones again we are sorry for the inconvenience that this changes may course.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
Kind Regards.
--
C. Gentile,
Office Manager,
Italian Connection

Report this post
PostPosted: January 17th, 2009, 6:36 pm 

Thanks Silverback :D if possible can you post the link for the developementupdate when you get it in case some of the emails go missing?

cheers Diane :D

Report this post
PostPosted: January 17th, 2009, 7:08 pm 

Of course soon as I recieve it it shall be shared ! :D

Report this post
PostPosted: January 17th, 2009, 10:28 pm 

thank you :D :D :D

Report this post
PostPosted: January 18th, 2009, 2:43 pm 
Last time i looked at this development about a month ago it was well up and seems to be progressing well.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2009, 3:56 pm 

Cheers for that Stilo, I did find some photos online but mislaid the link!!

Report this post
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2009, 5:13 pm 

Silverback wrote:
Hello again One and all. Below is a copy of an e mail I recieved today regarding Sea Hills and Italian Connections. I hope this will help out anyone else who was like me getting twitchy !! :D
I hope you are well, I apologise for not replying before, to improve our services we are modernising our systems, next week you will receive an e-mail with a LINK, clicking on this link you will be able to see updated photos of the complex and also when the next inspections will take place, ones again we are sorry for the inconvenience that this changes may course.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
Kind Regards.
--
C. Gentile,
Office Manager,
Italian Connection

I wonder how long this office manager will last?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2009, 5:52 pm 

it is worrying, as it stands there are two people left there including the Office manager

Report this post
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2009, 8:23 pm 

I thought there were 3 left - who's gone?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2009, 1:59 pm 
There seems to be some sort of a rebrand going on if you go to http://www.propertymarketitaly.com you will see Medsea comes up on the top link, it is clearly what was Italian connection on this website as the logo is the same,why they are choosing to do this is unclear at this time,is it a new company ?is Italian connection finished ?.I suppose only time will tell perhaps they will make a press release and tell everyone exactly what they are up too.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2009, 2:15 pm 

As far as I know Medsea own Italian Connection. Tony Gatehouse is the chariman.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2009, 2:33 pm 
He must own this company as well but there is very little information on the website to tell you, and no information about the company itself.The peace of mind charter though is very familiar.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2009, 3:38 pm 
Tell that to the Buyers of El Caribe,and Bella vista and others,the sales staff who are owed vast sums of Money,The agents who have not been paid and all the other Creditors.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm 

Well I suppose that's one way of trying to negate any obligations they have to their clients i.e. free transportation to and from the airport, help with furniture shopping, opening bank accounts etc.

Let's not forget though that there are two Italian Connections

There is Italian Connection Properties SL (registered in Spain and where, according to the contracts, your money was sent although....I'll leave that for another time) and there is Italian Connection Properties SRL which is the company based in Roccella so I'm presuming their obligations to provide these services still applies as you paid Italian Connection Properties SL in Spain when you placed your reservation and paid your non-refundable deposit (well I did anyway).

There may even be another Italian Connection SL (I would look at Medsea's accounts and confirm but I don't have time right now)

The due diligence documents that Giambrone Law produced to the authorities on the San Rocco II development however show that they did their checks on Italian Connection Properties SRL so effectively they have done their due diligence, it would appear on the wrong company which should concern all of you that have instructed Giambrone Law to act on your behalf.

I had the clause regarding sending my money via Italian Connection Properties SL taken out though as we had received advice from Giambrone Law, prior to them become involved with Italian Connection on a more intimate level shall we say, that sending your money via Spain would not protect your money in Italian Law and I have seen a 'Traceability of Funds' addendum issued by Giambrone Law (although this changes the wrong clause number) for a client who sent their money directly to Medsea in Spain.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2009, 5:09 pm 

I actually worked for the company in 2007 in Rocella and i believe they are the same company as all interviews were conducted in Spain in the main Medsea office then you could choose either Italy or Spain to work.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2009, 5:31 pm 
I think you will find there is more than one company whisper.as Lavender has pointed out.

Report this post

PostPosted: January 26th, 2009, 11:29 am 

whisper wrote:
I actually worked for the company in 2007 in Rocella and i believe they are the same company as all interviews were conducted in Spain in the main Medsea office then you could choose either Italy or Spain to work.

In Giambrone Law's own words: Italian Connection Properties SRL is the Italian arm of Italian Connection Properties SL with registered office in Spain, part of Medsea Estates Group Plc....

Perhaps it's time to revisit this article in Moneyweek to see how 'shrewd' the directors of Medsea and their associated advisors can be

http://www.moneyweek.com/investment-adv ... ouble.aspx

Report this post
PostPosted: January 26th, 2009, 12:05 pm 

http://medseaestates.protectedsite.net:5900/propertyMarket/bianco/index.html as posted by someone on another thread for any still sruggling like me to activate the link !!

Report this post
PostPosted: January 26th, 2009, 10:12 pm 

Many thanks for posting the link, have had no contact from Medsea/IC re san salvador development the place is no where near completeion dispite being given a completeion date of Feb 09 in Nov 08.

No bluiders seem to have been near the site for months am very unsure how all this is going to turn out :(

Report this post
PostPosted: January 26th, 2009, 10:51 pm 

yes could not agree more as regards san salvador it is a joke trying to get any info from medsea or lawyers or anyone else involved we can only hope it turns out ok because i for one think if we are relying on our lawyers to fight for our money we have no chance..

Report this post