A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 15th, 2008, 10:28 am 

hi
I have been on the forum once or twice before the other times were to moan about how the site for the flats had been moved and a lot of other problems which up till now i hope have been nearly sorted ..this is the name of the new site which just started to build two months ago and which i have now bought a two bed apt- i am curious if anyone else has purchased on this site, i read the forum all the time but i have never seen the name .it was originally called SANTA CLARA but now they have moved it is now called .
SAN SALVADOR - MONASTERACE and they have added a few more blocks on behind my block i dont mind that as i really liked Monasterace area.

Report this post
PostPosted: November 5th, 2008, 2:21 pm 

Have purchased A1 block E two bed apartment on this site however originally bought on the Santa Clara site and was very disappointed when the site was moved :x as would have much prefered the smaller development.

However now the site has been moved have benifited from the fact that I have gone from having a one bed apartment to a two bed one :D

Both myself and my partner loved Monastrace and do think that now there is more units on the site thus more people that this may have the benefit that beach front shops restrautants etc may extend there season a little as we want to use the place all year round.

Hopefully this month am expecting some photo's with this months update will post them should they arrive.

Report this post
PostPosted: November 8th, 2008, 10:23 am 

hi.
yes you were correct i was starting to think i was the only one to buy at san salvador , it will be nice to see photos this time- i was the same situation as you as regards one bed - two bed so maybe it has worked out well , my only worry is we are due to be finished apr may what will happen to the rest of the site if we are moved in - will we have the pool complete or will we have to wait for another year i think it is these things we have to find out , i think it will be awkward with four blocks behind and all that work still going on...

Report this post
PostPosted: November 8th, 2008, 7:20 pm 

Agree going from a one to a two bed could work out very well and is also nice to have found a fellow buyer in the same block.

As regards your post was only talking to my partner pauline today about the same things.

Am looking forward to the update though was told it would be Nov 3rd so will chase that one up on Monday as for completetion was told Feb and think that is written in my paperwork will have to check.

Report this post
PostPosted: November 11th, 2008, 7:55 am 

I received a update yesterday via email but was very disappointed to note that the sheet was exactly the same as the last one, so would take it from that that there has been either little or NO progress in the bluiding works.

I Was also disappointed not to have received any photo's with the update as promised will be emailing Medsea later!.

Report this post
PostPosted: November 11th, 2008, 6:43 pm 

hi random guy.
yes i agree there is no difference from what i can see maybe they dont want us to see and that is why no photos i told cassie i wanted photos as well as update , i have been trying for two years to just not pester them and to let them get on with it but i am beginning to think that is the wrong way,, i dont know about you but despite asking for a bank guarantee i still do not have one- i think the lawyers should have made sure it was in place by now ..

Report this post
PostPosted: November 11th, 2008, 10:58 pm 

I have email medsea today and will let you know what the reply is.

As for bank guarantee i got a copy of mine two weeks ago from G/L.

Report this post
PostPosted: November 12th, 2008, 9:00 pm 

Received an update today with pictures:

Report this post
PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 12:16 am 

hi ,
thank you for posting new photos although the only difference with the last ones is there is no van in these ones ,,, there is not one bit of progress on that site even all the plant and scaffold are all in the exact same place as they were so i think cassie is talking a lot of rubbish
the problem is we do not know what is happening as no one tells you anything --- my lawyer is g & l are you same

Report this post
PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 7:52 am 

Yes I have the same lawyers G/L

Report this post
PostPosted: November 26th, 2008, 9:00 pm 

Thanks to irishlass we now have photo's up in the progress section lets hope progress picks up but cannot see it being ready on time

Report this post
PostPosted: November 27th, 2008, 12:09 am 

hi
yes it was very nice of irishlass to add these photos -it is still hard to tell if any more has been done , i tried to find out why very little has been done but as yet no reply
same as bank guarantee off g&l considering there could be only 4 or 5 months to completion still very poor as to keeping us informed as to what is happening ,
from reading a lot of posts on here i do not think we ars alone with all the problems...

Report this post
PostPosted: November 29th, 2008, 5:31 am 

Likewise do not think we are alone regarding problems and don't think the arguement between Bella calabria and Italian Connection will help us in any way, as for bank guarantee jsut keep pestering G/L for it got mine but it took some getting

Report this post
PostPosted: November 29th, 2008, 1:46 pm 
I went past this development on thursday no more progress i am afraid and no workmen on site.photos are up to date

Report this post

PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 10:23 pm 

There still seems to be no progress no this next update on i/c site due on 11th May I expect no change has anyone heard anything about this developement?

Report this post
PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 11:16 pm 

hi .
yes same as yourself heard nothing , you would at least expect the builder or the lawyer to explain the delay then maybe we would understand a bit more... i emailed these so called lawyers last week to ask for address or contact for builder but as usual no reply,
the only time you hear from them is when they come on the forum to give advice i really feel that g & l think that this is not their problem and will only step in if we pay more money to them. for advice but i think they should be finding out about the delay
is that not what we got lawyers for.. ..

Report this post
PostPosted: May 1st, 2009, 3:34 pm 

Indeed considering that G/L came so highly recommended not just by I/C but other buyers at the time I have so far been very disappointed with them.

Have emailed them myself today will that you know what responce I get

Report this post
PostPosted: May 30th, 2009, 10:20 pm 

Had an email a few days ago from my new Lawyer whom has been in contact with the builders fingers crossed guys they are stating that the San Salvador development should be completed in six months :D

Last edited by RandomGuy on June 1st, 2009, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: May 31st, 2009, 9:37 am 

hi random guy,
if it is true it is the first bit of good news we have had for along time
and i think this is the only way we will hear anything at all is through rumours
we will not get any response through the donkeys that we hired,,,

Report this post
PostPosted: May 31st, 2009, 5:24 pm 

Holy monumental pictures Batman! The pages and pic's on this page are huge........and they said my pictures were too large to upload :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice building... is that 3 or 4 storeys?

Report this post
PostPosted: June 1st, 2009, 8:57 pm 

What building thats just my apartment trig :wink:

Report this post
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 12:24 pm 

http://www.calabriacompletions.com/Buil ... gress.html

Have you seen this?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 7:30 pm 

had the following email today:

Dear Client,

I hope that you are well.
I am sending you this email to inform you that the development of San Salvador will be delayed and the expected completion date is March 2011.
We realize that this is along way off and it is for this reason that we are willing to offer you an apartment in another development. The development that we are proposing is La Brezza.
La Brezza is sitauated in the town of Gizzeria. It is a 10 minute drive away from the main airport in Calabria, La Mezia Terme. It is 100 metres away from the beach with a pool, communal gardens and communal parking.
It is made up of 53 apartments.
If you are interested please let me know say that I can send you the appropriate information.

Kind regards

Antonella Borrello
Bella Calabria 2005 srl

Report this post
PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 8:16 pm 

looking at the Italy mag advert when you google the development it describes it as popular with the wind surfers which leads me to think it may be a tad windy. On the plus side it may actually have been built.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2009, 11:52 pm 

We were shown this development back in March 2007. We were taken there on a Sunday and the noise from the nearby (very close) railway was so bad we couldn't hear a word that the rep was saying. Apartments (almost completed) that we were shown were very nice and of a good build standard but the noise was awful. Was told later that reps purposely took clients there on a Sunday as it was much quieter. Goodness knows what it's like in the rush hour!
Marion

Report this post
PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 6:26 pm 

We visited this site when viewing in june 07 but it was very much a building site guess before I decide will have to revisit the site and surrounding area but as I bought Santa Clara originally decided against this development I remember the railway in front and the road behind mm not sure :?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 9:02 pm 

hi random guy .
i do not know if this is good news or bad news if this is the only option we get what will happen if as you say you dont like it,,
like a lot of people on here i went out ,oct 06 and it is hard to believe we are no further forward nearly five years later,, did you change lawyers and are they any better..

Report this post
PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 10:19 pm 

Ionian wrote:
looking at the Italy mag advert when you google the development it describes it as popular with the wind surfers which leads me to think it may be a tad windy. On the plus side it may actually have been built.

Or blown down.... :? sorry, I couldn't resist!

Report this post
PostPosted: July 17th, 2009, 8:48 pm 

Are you saying it's jerry built :?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 18th, 2009, 5:07 pm 

Hi, everyone.

Given the updates to this thread in recent weeks have all been concerned with the alternatives offered, I presume no more work has taken place on San Salvadore?

Our worry is if all ex Santa Clara buyers leave for alternative sites, what will happen to the rest of us!

Regards

David

Report this post
PostPosted: July 18th, 2009, 7:08 pm 

Well I am also an original Santa Clara buyer but have not received any information about an alternative site. It does seem that no work is being done on San Salvador, although many sites seem to still be promoting the development. I have no idea about the builders intentions, and am having no luck in trying to find out.

All in all its the lack of information that is the worst part. Does anybody have an idea of how many people have purchased at the San Salvador development?

Is the alternative development the same builder? If not how can the purchse be switched?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 18th, 2009, 8:03 pm 

I was notified by email frm Bella Calabria a few weeks ago that the San Salvador development would not be completed untill March 2011 and it was them that offered me an alternative development.

I do not know how many people have bought at the San Salvador or how many of the original Santa Clara buyers where moved to San Salvador but there is a couple of us on here that are original Santa Clara buyers.

Your best bet would be to contact Bella and ask any questions direct.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 20th, 2009, 12:57 pm 

We went over in May and spoke to Antonella about the lack of progress. she could not give us any news at the time, but she met with the builder after we returned and confirmed it is still his intention to complete by Mar 2011.

We are san salvadore purchasers (not santa clara) so this is the date on our contract, We asked how many had bought and was told a figure under 20. We presume a large percentage are ex-santa clara, hence the worry and our main concern, if ex-santa clara purchasers are moved will it be worth the builders time to continue.

From our point of view we are happy with the Mar 2011 completion, but just want to see or hear of some progress!

Report this post
PostPosted: August 9th, 2009, 4:42 pm 

Well after careful consideration I have decicded not to except their offer of moving to La Brezza developement as this would be the second change of site for me having originally bought on Santa Clara.

And having bought in June 07 I also do not want to wait untill March 2011 several dates I have been given for completion on San Salvador have already been and gone what futher delays will there be? Will it be built at all?

Having faced various problems and delays am now giving careful thought as to what to do.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 11th, 2009, 11:10 pm 

hi,
i just received similar to your offer after getting in touch with b c direct
and im in same position as you , my thoughts are this might be the only way for us to get a property at all as i dont have high hopes of getting any money back, certainly not if it is these donkey lawyers i have that have to chase the money...

Report this post
PostPosted: August 12th, 2009, 12:09 am 

I'm sorry to be negative but speaking as one who has been been burnt, these "offers" have all the hallmarks of a complete scam.

This post isn't about any specific development but when I read comments about people being moved from development to development I become terribly concerned.

It seems like the plan is to feed the punters a dream. When it is not delivered & the clients run out of patience/hope then they move them on to another dream. In some cases this buys time whilst your deposit money is at risk with no valid builders bank guarantee.

Then it seems that if clients want to "pull out" when there has been a clear breach of contract by a developer (or a lawyer) then all sorts of tactics are used to delay legal action. For example by warning how difficult it is to litigate in the Italian courts

Well - I can tell you from experience that it doesn't always take 5 years to get a court case going in Italy. But my top tip is to sue any professional who has let you down in the UK courts if possible. Their insurance will pay out.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 8:21 pm 

Hi everyone, just a quick post, does anyone know if any progress has been made on the San Salvador site?

We suspect not, but live in hope that one day work eill be resumed!

Regards

David

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 8:22 pm 

Sorry typo the last phrase should be "work will be resumed"

Report this post
PostPosted: November 16th, 2009, 10:16 pm 

Havn't been on for a while as far as I am aware no progress has been made on site.

I have had no contact from Bella regarding the site will be chasing up a few things over the next few weeks will update you all should I hear anything.

Has anyone else had any contact with Bella recently regarding the site?

Report this post
PostPosted: February 12th, 2010, 4:56 pm 

Hi, does anyone know if any progress has been made on this site?

We have asked Bella Calabria but had nothing back from them as yet.

We can't possibly see how this can be complete for next March.

Regards

David & Elaine

Report this post
PostPosted: February 12th, 2010, 6:35 pm 

Hi
From the lack of updates on the Calabria4homes site I do not think San Salvadore has progressed, if it had I know Tom would have updated the pics.
I too was buying at the Santa Clara site but when they moved it inland and made it much bigger we revisited and were very unhappy with the new offer.
At that time Italian Connection were the Agents and they gave us a choice of lots of alternative sites on the East Coast.
We went to look at the San Domenico site further south just past Loccri and were very happy with it. we were lucky and IC transfered our euro3000 and G&L also transfered our set fee. However we then saw the light and changed Lawyers too. Although this cost us a new set fee it took away all the worry as our new Lawyer communicates and also fights our case when necessary.
The San Domenico site is of 30 Apts set among Olive and citrus grooves about 1Km from a nice beach and a small town with A small supermarket, chemist, pizzeria, bars and restraunts. Loccri, Siderno and several excellent beaches are close by with the Aspromonte Mts and park behind.
Anyway the point of this is that the San Domenico site will be completed by April, we are completing on 3rd March, and I know there are still some of the two bed one bathroom Apts available at reasonable rates. Some recent pics of the site and Apts are on the Calabria4homes website and Tom Archdeacon also has an advert for selling on the site,
As the Vendors are also Bella Calabria, and all the legal work has been done, it might be worth exploring to see if it meets your needs and if it does asking Bella Calabria if it is possible to recamp.
I hope this might help you
Allen

I am in no way connected commercialy with either the builder or Calabria4homes in any way and only offer this advice to try to help those left high and dry.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2010, 11:23 am 

Allen

Thanks for your swift response.

I exchanged mails with Tom yesterday, and although he hasn't been on the site recently, he doesn't think any work has taken place, but he is going to check next time he is in the area.

We are also in discussion with Bella Calabria regarding an exchange and we are looking to go over in the next few months to view suitable properties. luckily we are not with G&L and we are very happy with our lawyer.

It's pleasing to see things are working out for you, we visited San Domenico in January 2008 and it was one of our possibilities, but chose San Salvador. Hopefully we won't live to regret that choice!

Hope your completion goes well.

Kind Regards

David & Elaine

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2010, 3:40 pm 

Hi David and Elaine
Good luck in youe search i hope you find something that allows you you to enjoy the delights of Calabria in the near future.
Best Wishes
Allen

Report this post
PostPosted: March 8th, 2010, 1:43 pm 

Allen

Hi, sorry to read on another thread you didn't complete on your property, hope you get the problems sorted out and complete as soon as you can.

Was it a good trip otherwise?

Whilst you where in Calabria, did you go near the San Salvodor site, and if so was there any progress?

Regards

David & Elaine

Report this post
PostPosted: March 8th, 2010, 10:35 pm 

Hi
Sorry I did'nt get to San Salvador site. I had a very busy week with Lawyer, bank, builder, etc etc and did'nt get to enjoy the nice weather as I would have liked.
On top of everything we needed to visit Locri Hospital. We were staying in the revamped Kennedy which looks really good now. The staff were tremendous in getting us some help and the doc arrived so quickly on three occassions with their help. The owner even left his son's 18th birthday bash to make sure we were attended to.
Also Tom and Linda from Calabria4homes were so good. They met us at the hospital and Linda translated everything for us. When leaving my wife mentioned she needed a drink of water, a guy who works at the hospital went away ,got water and cups from a kiosk, returned and thrust the water into Linda's hand refused any payment and left. Both Tom and Linda spent a long time with us and even came to the hotel one evening to help, Linda then offered to follow us to Lamezia airport in case we needed help but we had to persuade her that we were ok. Even so she insisted we were in mobile phone contact.
What a great pair of people they are we are so gratefull for all there willing help.
At Lametzia a guy noticed my wife was struggling and got a wheelchair and put us into a private room. Soon a lady, who works at the airport but had lived in Australia for some time, arrived and gently guided us to see another Doctor who checked all was ok. Then took us to a cafe so we could eat something. Arranged seats at the front of the aircraft then escorted us through security and pre boarded us.
At Rome we were taken to the departure area by buggy and put into the Alitalia lounge where we could rest for a few hours. Again we were tken to the gate and pre boarded. The aircraft crews were aware of our needs and at Heathrow we were met and escorted to baggage pick up through immigration and to the pick up area for my car.
In all we had seen 4 doctors, a paramedic team, taken to hospital by ambulance, seen a team of doctors and nurses, Not once did anybody ask for payment and all were helpfull. Tom and Linda spent a lot of time with us translating and making sure we had what we needed, again in a calm and cheerful manner and insisted we call at any time we needed help. Alitalia were more than helpfull and made sure we were ok.
That is why we love Italy and especially the Calabrian people.
Allen

Report this post
PostPosted: April 25th, 2010, 8:08 pm 

We have heard from our solicitor this week and in the letter they inform us that san Salvador is unlikely to be completed and sugest either excepting the offer of an alternative property rom Bella Calabria or taking action to to get the money back as they are now in breach of contract.

I was wondering if any of you have also heard this news and what are youe views and opinions on this?

Report this post
PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 1:07 pm 

Hi, we have heard nothing offical, but when we've asked Bella Calabria, for info we have been given potential swap properties. So not suprised at your news.

Looking to arrange a visit, so will keep you posted.

Out of interest does anyone know how many potential purchasers are left at San Salvador? Bella Calabria said 13 last May and I know a few have swapped since then!

PS sent you a PM with some further details.

Report this post
PostPosted: April 28th, 2010, 1:44 pm 
From many accounts this Fiasco has been going on since mid 2006 with little real prospect of it being completed in the foreseeable future, little has happened since being transferred from the original "bogey" which was sold out,it is perhaps worth considering what they have to offer without further delay or seek a alternative means of redress,I take cold comfort from many Bank Guarantees that have been issued by certain companies.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 5th, 2010, 4:50 pm 

hi.
we are in the same position as regards san salvador i phoned g&L last week to find out any info -considering i have had little or no contact with them since i decided to use them in oct 06 they sent me a letter giving me my options the worst option was going for my money back as they wanted about 13000eur to start a claim with no guarantee of getting a penny back they also sent a bill for
900 eur claiming for work done i presume that was for me phoning them at my expense you could not make these stories up... i am with you i think we will have to choose another property so if anyone knows a good lawyer to do the swap please let me know g&l fee is 650 eur but can i trust them to finish i dont think so not on past history...

Report this post
PostPosted: May 5th, 2010, 8:35 pm 

Hi f murray,
feel free to contact me.
I have assisted 2 clients in San Salvador to swap the property.

avv Jolanda Ferrigno
VFL & Partners International Law Firm
jolanda@vfllawyers.co.uk
www.vfllawyers.co.uk

Report this post