A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: February 14th, 2008, 7:40 pm
Posts: 7
Like many folk we bought at Villagio Angelo Caulonia last September 07 and were pressed for deposit monies for the preliminary contract which we did in November 08. To date our solicitor has told us the developer has had "bureaucratic problems" and the contract has yet to be seen or signed. I was told mid Feb by our solicitors not wo worry that it would soon be completed and yet still no sign of it. Our agent too has been reassuring but!! Has anyone else had this problem, we are getting concerned? Thanks


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 11:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 19th, 2007, 6:36 pm
Posts: 87
Location: Kent
Brennan wrote:
Like many folk we bought at Villagio Angelo Caulonia last September 07 and were pressed for deposit monies for the preliminary contract which we did in November 08. To date our solicitor has told us the developer has had "bureaucratic problems" and the contract has yet to be seen or signed. I was told mid Feb by our solicitors not wo worry that it would soon be completed and yet still no sign of it. Our agent too has been reassuring but!! Has anyone else had this problem, we are getting concerned? Thanks
I also purchased on this development in September. What solicitors are you with? I'm with G&L. Was told in January that "everything was as it should be, at this moment in time" after voicing my concerns. I am currently awaiting a reply from IC re any progress on site.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: March 10th, 2008, 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: February 14th, 2008, 7:40 pm
Posts: 7
Hi Angela
My solicitors are Manzanares International who have an office in London and Caulonia with their HQ being in Spain. I do believe we are unlikely to see any actual building just yet but the rush to pay the deposit, the interest of which is not in our pocket, is not matched with a rush to sign the preliminary contract.
I have E mailed, yesterday, the agent and solicitor for a signing date but no response as yet. Will let you know of any progress.
Shaun Brennan


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: March 11th, 2008, 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 20th, 2008, 1:32 pm
Posts: 439
If your solicitors are in the UK then they must, by law, pay you interest on monies they hold.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: April 28th, 2008, 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: February 4th, 2008, 11:34 pm
Posts: 12
hi brennan re angelo we paid our deposit sept 07 got buiding spec oct 07 which is 14 pages of vagueness we hav e mailed ic+our legal but not much satisfaction got new spec 2 pages feb 08. got new land search with charges as in new italian building law reform our gripe with ic is what your not getting as standard/no emulsion finish on internal walls/water heater not included/kitchen sink only/air con maybe 1 unit only/ as you say it is cause for concern we hav not signed the contract till were satisfied with the outcome due to the spec changes what are your thoughts james hep


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: May 16th, 2008, 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 19th, 2007, 6:36 pm
Posts: 87
Location: Kent
Wow! Looks like something is happening on the VA site. Not much but it's good to know it does exist. Hope the other purchasers have viewed the photo of the wall. What a thing to get excited about!!!! Thanks to IC for the photo. :D :D


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: July 6th, 2008, 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: February 14th, 2008, 7:40 pm
Posts: 7
Hi James
The compromesso has now been signed but as you say its remains scant. However, we expected to have to install the "white goods" and an additional a/c unit. The issue of emulsion seems a bit poor on their part but I guess we'll just have to see. We did though visit another of their developments to check on quality and basics like emulsion and base kitchen units were in place so perhaps we are being overly anxious. Having spoken to other people who have done "off plan" elsewhere they warned us this anxiety still feels rubbish though. Hope this helps and is is good to see at least some foundations are going in now.

Regards
Shaun


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: July 9th, 2008, 12:09 am 
Offline

Joined: February 4th, 2008, 11:34 pm
Posts: 12
Hi shaun ,thanks for your reply my gripe is with my legal despite many emails to him, no reply since april on many points we have indicated that we want to cancel , as we cannot trust them anymore so it looks like the studio legal is correct when the legal man is not coming up with the answers sue him or his company for not having due diligance ,as medsea say they won"t refund our deposit or tell us where it is, under article 6 of the unrelevant paperwork. has anyone had the deposit returned, james?


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: November 11th, 2008, 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: May 14th, 2008, 2:03 pm
Posts: 95
Recieved an "update" this week. I emailed them to say that they should read this website for more up-to-date accurate information about their developments, as it even has pictures!

(in case you didnt realise, the "update" just said work had started on the foundations etc - which we know...)

I think that they must get the "magic beans" out sometime soon - this place is going to have to FLY up!


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: December 20th, 2015, 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: December 18th, 2015, 9:49 pm
Posts: 4
Hi all of you re Villagio Angelo
Will anyone who has any info on the above site please get in touch as I am now giving this fiasco some serious thought I am, acting for my Stepson who tried to buy back in 2007 but has not been able to get any sense out of the solicitors who are " GiambroneLaw." I WILL find out as I have numerous contacts to assist me. . Either phone 0044 1761 419619 or 0044 7809 610060 0r e-mail " geofflynn466@gmail.com" I am asking for DOUBLE his deposit which could be Euros 100,000 .


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Villagio Angelo
PostPosted: December 20th, 2015, 1:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: December 18th, 2015, 9:49 pm
Posts: 4
GBL wrote:
Recieved an "update" this week. I emailed them to say that they should read this website for more up-to-date accurate information about their developments, as it even has pictures!

(in case you didnt realise, the "update" just said work had started on the foundations etc - which we know...)

I think that they must get the "magic beans" out sometime soon - this place is going to have to FLY up!
james hep wrote:
Hi shaun ,thanks for your reply my gripe is with my legal despite many emails to him, no reply since april on many points we have indicated that we want to cancel , as we cannot trust them anymore so it looks like the studio legal is correct when the legal man is not coming up with the answers sue him or his company for not having due diligance ,as medsea say they won"t refund our deposit or tell us where it is, under article 6 of the unrelevant paperwork. has anyone had the deposit returned, james?
angela wrote:
Brennan wrote:
Like many folk we bought at Villagio Angelo Caulonia last September 07 and were pressed for deposit monies for the preliminary contract which we did in November 08. To date our solicitor has told us the developer has had "bureaucratic problems" and the contract has yet to be seen or signed. I was told mid Feb by our solicitors not wo worry that it would soon be completed and yet still no sign of it. Our agent too has been reassuring but!! Has anyone else had this problem, we are getting concerned? Thanks
I also purchased on this development in September. What solicitors are you with? I'm with G&L. Was told in January that "everything was as it should be, at this moment in time" after voicing my concerns. I am currently awaiting a reply from IC re any progress on site.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group