A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2008, 8:35 pm
Posts: 1482
Location: Herefordshire/Badolato
I seem to have hit a nerve somehow.
I am interested that the people who have bought at the development know exactly what is going on and have the full facts rather than rumour, we have been told a few times that the site is going to be started/finished soon and little or nothing has happened. I understand the beach front properties have been finished and completed they were certainly nearly finished last year. If you go back over the forum from its inception you will see that some people have lost a lot of money and many are still waiting on their homes. fortunately developments are now being completed, we have friends who have bought on different ones, we have not. We have no financial interest in any being finished or not. I have the dubious honour of being one of the people who have been threatened on this site by giving some sound advice, go to sols etc., so I think I have proved that I am independant of any co or person.
The sols consuloted and are working on the jots site might find client sol privelege a barrier to giving some information but I hope that they can clarify exactly what hasw been seized and by whom.
the computer is going a little weird pages moving so cannot amend typos! will edit when can.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: April 25th, 2009, 11:52 am
Posts: 110
I would like to endorse Ionian's post. Just because you may or may not have any finacial or personal interest in any subject matter my understanding of the forum is for the exchange or the sharing of information.

One of the human beings failing is the ability to understand accurately information, lets face we all can read the same thing and have a different understanding of the subject. I don't doubt that in the past I have submitted posts which contained some un-intentional in accuracies.

In my view the purpose of the forum is to enable those who are involved with a particular subject to share their experiences with each other and to provide information for anyone that may enable them to learn from those experiences good or bad.

It is obvious from the forum post that many members have had worrying times especially those who have bought off plan, problems with agents, builders, legal advisers and elected officials. We all need information even if it intially may not be fully correct, but we know it will be corrected in successive responses to the post.

As someone who has been successfully through the procedure and encountered many of the problems that have been detailed in the JOTS thread. I have learned a lot from this and other locations that would have made me more aware of the many pitfalls that occur during the purchasing property not only in Italy but anywhere in the world.

barnpot


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: April 7th, 2008, 10:06 am
Posts: 369
Hear! Hear!

Ionian and Barnpot... you have both written succinctly about what it means to be a member of this great forum.
I am not buying off plan and am fortunate enough to be in the position where I have bought a piece of land and am having a house built on it yet I too have been threatened by a firm of lawyers. This did not stop me adding my tuppence worth where I felt I could comment or give some advice.

I have also learned such a lot and now know who to contact when I am ready to ship stuff over to Calabria, where the best place is to rent a car from etc. etc. I'm not too sure about the dongles and sling boxes yet though!!!

Not buying at a particular site does not exclude others from asking/answering questions.

We learn from each other.
mags

ps Ionian we forgive you your typos!
pps The best piece of advice I was given at the start of my search for somewhere in Calabria was to get a truly independent lawyer.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 21st, 2011, 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: October 18th, 2010, 6:54 pm
Posts: 26
Ionian,

Avv.De Tullio has confirmed that the entire Beachfront is currently under seizure. BLG's have not been given to all buyers on JOTS and to those of his clients who do have BLG's De Tullio is getting them verified,while also stating that he does not see how RDV can give compliant BLG at this time !!! No real progress on the build. Questions to be answered !! if this is the case what is the position for the buyers who have completed on Beachfront ?


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 21st, 2011, 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2008, 8:35 pm
Posts: 1482
Location: Herefordshire/Badolato
maguires wrote:
apparently a seizure is placed on an area at the beach front not jotss mainsite on buyer whose apartment is complete and they dont want to complete as they can traise money. i was told this by solicitor in calabria yest. a different place altoghether from jotss.


not quite the same information. The beachfront is part of JOTS on the development plans. they may of course have a separate title to that land.
in the uk when you buy your sol makes a search to ensure there are no charges/money secured on the land,and if there are the sol instructed by the lender clears the o/s monies. I understand this is what the notary does in Italy when you complete.
If you have bought check with your sol immediately you have good title free and clear.
if you have paid a deposit check with your sol what your situation is,hopefully you will get your monies or part back eventually.

Perhaps we can get the sols or people who instigated the seizure to clarify the situation at the moment or at least communicate with the other sols mentioned on the forum who are instructed so that people are not chasing rumours.

I feel angry, sad and sick all at the same time when I think of the people whose dreams and money seem to be lost at the moment.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2011, 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: June 4th, 2007, 4:21 pm
Posts: 507
Location: London
howard wrote:
Ionian wrote:
How did the seminar go?


Very interesting with some really good advice.


Which was?


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2011, 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: May 30th, 2007, 8:32 am
Posts: 218
Lavender wrote:
howard wrote:
Ionian wrote:
How did the seminar go?


Very interesting with some really good advice.


Which was?



Turn up for free seminars :lol:


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2011, 5:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: April 7th, 2008, 10:06 am
Posts: 369
That's a bit unfair, Howard. Not everyone can get to these seminars.
After all this forum, of which you are a member, is all about sharing information even when you have been badly stung.
mags


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2011, 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: June 4th, 2007, 4:21 pm
Posts: 507
Location: London
of which many it would appear have Mags!

Has anyone contacted this firm to try and resolve their issues?

http://www.pannone.com/services/dispute ... nveyancers


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2011, 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: April 7th, 2008, 10:06 am
Posts: 369
Yes I am sure that many have been.

Just thought that someone who was in that position could share any info he had to help others.

I, fortunately , have been so so lucky in that I bought land on which my house is being built after advice not to touch a specific off plan development.

So I have nothing to gain from Howard's advice just wanted to help others.
mags

.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: November 16th, 2010, 8:30 am
Posts: 20
It's good to see Lavender back on the forum again!

Welcome back - you have been missed!


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: May 30th, 2007, 8:32 am
Posts: 218
mags wrote:
That's a bit unfair, Howard. Not everyone can get to these seminars.
After all this forum, of which you are a member, is all about sharing information even when you have been badly stung.
mags


Sharing information and giving away the secrets to all and sundry of what is planned by many with regards to being stung and how they to recoup their losses, is not in my opinion a vey smart move.
If you want information, please feel free to PM me or contact the organisers of the Seminar.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 25th, 2011, 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 15th, 2009, 9:43 am
Posts: 153
Good morning,

It is Emily May Giordani writing for “Zagamilaw International Law Firm”.

In regard to this topic we are fully aware of what is happening since a couple of weeks ago we were ready to go ahead with the completion for one of our clients, but at the last moment this was not possible to perform.

Firstly we want to confirm that only Beachfront and not also JOTS is under seizure. The reason for this seizure is because few buyers have decided to take a civil action against RDV for the delay in the delivery. The seizure under the Italian law makes unavailable the property for material and legal effects and it is disposed by the Court on the instance of the creditor who has a real fear of losing the guarantee of his credit. It is a precautionary and preventive measure to ensure that certain assets are held in view of enforcement.

Secondly in this specific case the consequences for this seizure is that at the moment it is not possible to complete any deed of sale of any Beachfront property. On the other hand for all people who have already legally bought a property on Beachfront by the deed of sale this seizure does not have any practical and legal effect.

Thirdly we have been ensured by RDV lawyer that this seizure will be removed pretty soon therefore there is no reason at all to feel under pressure.

Kind Regards

Emily May Giordani
Zagamilaw International Law Firm
http://www.zagamilaw.com


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: June 4th, 2007, 4:21 pm
Posts: 507
Location: London
Zagamilaw wrote:

Thirdly we have been ensured by RDV lawyer that this seizure will be removed pretty soon therefore there is no reason at all to feel under pressure.



From what I read, I think the JOTs buyers have been "assured" of many things in the past Emily...

Can you confirm whether Zagamilaw are now RDV's preferred notary and the reason for the switch?

It would be my recommendation to all JOTs buyers, that regardless of whether or not you intend to continue your purchase on JOTs, if Giambrone & Law advised you under the terms of an English retainer that you seek legal advice in the UK as you probably now only have a short amount of time left to lodge a claim against them for their negligence.

Similarly, if you are being threatened by these alleged "professionals" for payment of their fees, you may wish to contact the Legal Ombudsman and see where the land lies with regard to lodging a service issue claim against them. (www.legalombudsman.org.uk)


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 6th, 2011, 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 18th, 2010, 6:54 pm
Posts: 26
Lavender asked "Can you confirm whether Zagamilaw are now RDV's preferred notary and the reason for the switch?
I also would like an answer to this question,please.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 8th, 2011, 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: November 18th, 2009, 1:01 pm
Posts: 39
Zagamilaw wrote:


I guess other lawyers informed Dennis about but for my side please let me tell I legally assist several buyers both at Beachfront and JOTS and I met builder’s representatives and in particular the main lawyer Mr. Maurizio Romolo twice in London and Reggio Calabria (where the deeds of sale will be performed and where we are also based). So I can confirm you all buyers at Beachfront have been invited to complete their purchases by the end of this year.

On the other hand the works at Jewel of the Sea will restart in a couple of weeks because now everything is in order for planning permissions and similar. By the way all lawyers and buyers will have the possibility to check live the working in progress on internet by some webcams oriented on the site.

Also I’m pleased to note that RDV lawyer decided to accept the proposals coming from me and others lawyers of the buyers to pay a penalty of around 300 euro for each single month of delay in the completion. Moreover new bank guarantees will be released to all clients and further clauses of the preliminary agreement have been changed on the interest of the buyers.

So what I can say it is that the JOTS will be completed, Lawyer Paolo Zagami
http://www.zagamilaw.com


Zagamilaw wrote the above post here back in year 2010.

Where is flurry of workers on the main JOTS site that you said would happen in the above post last year, when planning permission was granted? .There has never been more than 4 of 5 workers at the main site. There has never been any progress. Work is not really taking place. Where is the webcam you said in your above post of last year?. The planning permission was granted nearly a year ago, but the builder never had more than 4 or 5 workers on site and there has never been any significant amount of work done on the main JOTS site.
Whats happend to your claim that all beach front buyers would be invited to complete by end of last year, when work on the beach front is still not finished with hardly any workers on site.
The €300 for late penalties that you negotiated will only be given to those who (in my view, are crazy enough) signs a further addendum that favours the builder which would shield the builder from being sued by buyers.
Hardly anyone has been given a valid BLG as you said would happen in your post last year. Currently, hardly anyone has any bank guarantees, which is a clear breach of contract.
Has the builder and his lawyer kept any of their promises? Now you want us to believe RDV's lawyer who is saying that the seizure will be removed pretty soon therefore there is no reason at all to feel under pressure?
I also would like an answer to this question "Can you confirm whether Zagamilaw are now RDV's preferred notary and the reason for the switch?"
.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: April 19th, 2011, 7:53 pm
Posts: 14
Good post bellesanchez51.
I would also like an answer from Zagamilaw to the question that Lavender asked which is- Can you confirm why RDV are demanding or showing preference that the notary has to have some kind of connection or link with Zagamilaw and whats the reason for such a ridiculous demand?


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: April 19th, 2011, 7:53 pm
Posts: 14
maguires wrote:
why do you care sue pollard?

I was cheated into investing in JOTS and parted with a very large deposit, where I was falsely promised that I would get a completed apartment back in year 2009. Since 2009, I have been constantly lied to over and over by the builder of JOTS and their associates. Not a single brick has been laid on the apartment that I was promised would be fully completed a couple of years ago. Finally many of us have had enough. Time to look deeper into this mess in the view to take necessary action with other buyers to get our deposit back and sue all those who got us into this nightmare.
Maguires, would you be kind enough to tell me why it bothers you so much when someone questions the lies put about by people siding with JOTS builders?


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 10th, 2011, 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2008, 8:35 pm
Posts: 1482
Location: Herefordshire/Badolato
The answer was to the point but does not show the courtesy others have shown when asked a question. We can all appreciate the need to protect our positions in business but an admission of buying in jot does not jeopardise. Any Italian lawyer worth their money will know the remedies/actions they can take to get deposits back for their clients and those acting for jots/builders/agents will know them too .


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 12th, 2011, 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 15th, 2009, 9:43 am
Posts: 153
Dear Lavender, Audrey2010, BelleSanchez51 and Sue Pollard,

Actually I do not understand your question. We are a law firm, not a notary office! So we cannot be RDV’s preferred notary since – once again- we are a law firm!!

Concerning the Notary who has connection with our law firm you are not informed well because so far all the deed of sales for Beachfront have been performed by three notaries and it means RDV has no connection with anyone in particular!

Please note we all at Zagamilaw do not accept any denigration which can dirty our name and we are ready to take immediately a civil action against whom behind a nick name tries to put under suspicion our firm. Instead of hearing rumors from someone envious for our outcome please feel free to contact the clients who have been already assisted by us and you will see how much they have been satisfied.

Then in regard to the delay for JOTS what can we do?!? What Attorney Zagami wrote last year has been assured by RDV lawyers as well as what they told us a few weeks ago.

Ok, it seems you do not appreciate our contributions in this topic so probably it is best not to give you any update on the matter from this moment. Please forgive us for this reaction but your words upset us all.

Kind Regards

Emily May Giordani
Zagamilaw International Law Firm
www.zagamilaw.com


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 12th, 2011, 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2008, 8:35 pm
Posts: 1482
Location: Herefordshire/Badolato
"Actually I do not understand your question. We are a law firm, not a notary office! So we cannot be RDV’s preferred notary since – once again- we are a law firm!! " quote.

As a native English speaker/person you will appreciate that in the UK a Solicitors/lawyers office can also be a Notary, so this was not such a odd/offensive question.

It is reassuring that there have been 3 different Notaries used for completion, I believe that the members of the forum were not in receipt of this information.

You will appreciate that some members of this forum, in their opinion, have been somewhat misled, illadvised by some firms, who I will not name or indicate as I do not want to be sued! they are therefore very wary of lawyers and ask what they feel are legitimate questions within their limited knowledge of how the Italian law system works. ie Notaries within law firms.

Posts which bring people up to date on the developments which have stalled are much appreciated but you will concur that they have been informed many times all is well and completion will be soon so posts that say that the seizure notices will be taken off soon are met with some sceptiscim.

Any news on the release of the beachfront properties, if you could explain why only they were effected would be appreciated, is it because they are under a separate land title?


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 13th, 2011, 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 15th, 2009, 9:43 am
Posts: 153
Dear Ionian,

Thanks for your kindy reply, I'm sorry if I was too rude but hope you understand our position. We at Zagamilaw perfectly understand there have been somewhat misled, illadvised by some firms but try to be in our shoes...would you like to be mixed up with others people that you do not like?!?

Please try to keep separate our law firm from the others and feel free to get information on this Forum, in Calabria, in London, in New York, in Toronto or wherever from people who have PERSONALLY dealt with us.

Be sure I update on the development as soon as I or our main partner Lawyer Paolo Zagami will have some news.

Take care

Emily May Giordani
Zagamilaw International Law Firm
http://www.zagamilaw.com


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 13th, 2011, 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2008, 8:35 pm
Posts: 1482
Location: Herefordshire/Badolato
Thank you for you reply. My answer to - quote would you like to be mixed up with others people that you do not like?!? - Would be no I do not like it but I would answer in a professional and calm manner not a knee jerk way, that way you are separate from the ones complained of.

I note that you have not answered my query, on the separate title for the beachfront and main development site, if this were answered a few people on this site may feel a little easier as it appears the main site has not been seized?

We all look forward to hearing further when Paolo Zagami is in receipt of further information on the development, or in fact anyone else on the forum who has ascertained what is happening.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 21st, 2011, 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: April 19th, 2011, 7:53 pm
Posts: 14
The buyers of Jewel of the Sea who has been posting confidential information in the other forum (dedicated closed forum for buyers of jewel of the Sea) discovered yesterday that the information posted there have always been available to the builder of Jewel of the Sea all along.
It has been reported on the other dedicated JOTS website for buyers that the builder of Jewel of the sea (RDV) has now threatened to sue buyers if they do not hide the fact that there are hardly any real work being done on Jewel of the Sea or if they do not hide the fact that buyers are still without a BLG (loan guarantee). It is believed that the reason why builder of JOTS (RDV) has threatened to sue is because he wants to keep it a secret from potential buyers of the unsold property in JOTS that there has not been any real work done on that site for a long time and also the fact that hardly any buyers of JOTS has a valid BLG. The buyers on the other forum are now only allowed to say positive things about JOTS in the fear of being sued.
I still have no BLG and not a single brick has been laid on the apartment that I bought back in 2007. I was promised that my apartment would be ready by June 2009. Can the builder sue me for reporting this fact?
Can the builder of JOTS really sue a buyer for reporting facts? The builder of Jewel of the Sea has even threatened to sue anyone encouraging buyers to question the builder as to why he is breaching the contract by not giving a Building Loan guarantee.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 21st, 2011, 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: March 21st, 2008, 2:58 pm
Posts: 31
Yet again on this Forum, a distortion of the facts, and more surprisingly by a supposed JOTS buyer.

It is fact that the JOTS Forum yesterday discovered that specific comments made by 2 Forum members on what we thought was a "closed" Forum came to the attention of the developer RDV. The manner in which this came about was investigated, and the problem remedied to avoid a repeat.

The developer took offence in this instance to remarks which they considered to be of a personal nature and which overstepped the mark. Letters were sent to the 2 Forum members, suggesting possible legal action should such remarks continue. The Forum has asked all members to continue to express views on the "facts" which I accept are still of concern, and simply to refrain from personal insults.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 21st, 2011, 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: September 25th, 2008, 6:31 pm
Posts: 141
SuePollard wrote:
Maguires,tell me why it bothers you so much when someone questions the lies put about by people siding with JOTS builders?



Maguires...,Sue has answered all your questions, but you still havent answered Sue's above question. Maguires, where is your answer for the above question?
You also made a comment about Beach front buyers had put in a seizure order on the beach front as they had no money to complete on beachfronts. The reason for the seizure order was not because buyers had no money to complete. Where did you get such false information from?
Have you bought in JOTS and which Unit did you buy Maguires?


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 21st, 2011, 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: August 22nd, 2010, 1:23 pm
Posts: 37
May be there are some facts from the new lawyers recomended by the Builders who participate here. ?.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: April 19th, 2011, 7:53 pm
Posts: 14
Neale wrote:
Yet again on this Forum, a distortion of the facts, and more surprisingly by a supposed JOTS buyer.

It is fact that the JOTS Forum yesterday discovered that specific comments made by 2 Forum members on what we thought was a "closed" Forum came to the attention of the developer RDV. The manner in which this came about was investigated, and the problem remedied to avoid a repeat.

The developer took offence in this instance to remarks which they considered to be of a personal nature and which overstepped the mark. Letters were sent to the 2 Forum members, suggesting possible legal action should such remarks continue. The Forum has asked all members to continue to express views on the "facts" which I accept are still of concern, and simply to refrain from personal insults.

Neal,
Don’t think what I posted earlier was distortion of facts. Those that run the other forum distorts facts to ensure that the builder is protected from all angles against any legal action from buyers. Those that run that forum are different to those innocent buyers who participate in that forum.
How, have I distorted facts?
The builder guaranteed over a 100 worker will be at that site from last year through those that run that forum. This has never happened. Hundreds of workers don’t mean 4 or 5 workers with the odd digger.
The builder guaranteed web cam will be installed last year through those that run that forum, this has never happened.
Builder guaranteed that a valid BLG will be issued last year through those who run the forum and this has not happened.
Some buyers bought in Jewel of the sea wanting to retire, but they can’t live there permanently if they are Italian residents. These buyers are being forced to proceed with the purchase, even though it was not what they bought into.
• The builder is forcing buyers to sign a new addendum and has refused to pay the late fees specified in their original contract. Those that run the other forum have had a number friendly secret meetings with Giambrone Law and the solicitor of the builder on how to word the addendum to get buyers to sign the new addnenum. None of the innocent buyers have attended these secret friendly meeting apart from those that run the other forum.
•
Understandably a frustrated buyer accused the builder in the other forum of telling lies and compared the builder to pinocchio in a very innocnet way. This was posted in a closed forum,where guarantees were given that the builder had no access to the contents in that forum. However the builder threatened to sue this buyer for what was posted in that forum.
The builder has also threatened to sue another buyer for reporting her thoughts in the other forum.
Those running the other forum are in regular friendly contact with the builder, did not even accuse the builder of being so unreasonable or being totally out of order. Instead decided to speculate that it was one of those buyers that did not want to complete on JOTS who breached security in the other forum. Now those that running the other forum claim they know how the builder managed to access information on the forum, however they have decided to keep this a secret from all the buyers. Why keep it a secret from buyers how the builder had access to information on the forum?
The other forum claims to represent buyers of Jewel of the Sea. When the builder threatened legal action against the buyers for the contents posted in your forum, those that running that forum did not come to the buyers aid. However, as soon as truthful fact were mentioned about the builder of Jewel of the Sea, you felt the need to come to the builder's aid. Can you believe that from a fellow buyer?
Apart from those that run the other forum, all the other buyers of Jewel of the Sea hate that builder. All the buyers I have come across and you have come across see the investment in Jewel of the Sea as a disaster. The builder delivers false promises and information that have all proved to be total lies.
By the way, I have no BLG and not a single brick has been laid on the apartment that I bought back in 2007. I only bought because I was promised that my apartment would be ready back June 2009. I am told last year that I can never live in my apartment permanantly if I am an Italian resident and also cant sell to any Italians or anyone living in Italy.

Neal, Please can you not distort facts by saying where I have distorted facts. Another final point, I don’t understand why you think Bellsanches51 is out of order by making comments in this forum rather than your forum, as mentioned in your post in the other forum.
Neal, you run the other forum. Can you deny the builder you support is not a liar? Can you say that buying in Jewel of the sea was not a mistake? Would you ever recommend a new buyer that they should consider buying in jewel of the Sea?. See if your answers to these distort facts like the way facts are distorted on your other web site to fool innocent buyers.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 24th, 2011, 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: June 5th, 2007, 4:36 pm
Posts: 1105
Location: Italy
That puts Neale's comments in different and interesting light.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 24th, 2011, 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: March 21st, 2008, 2:58 pm
Posts: 31
Dennis

Please do not presume to interfere in something which you really have no knowledge on, but are so ready to believe those who mouth of under any one of the various aliases they are known by.

Feel free to email me


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 24th, 2011, 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: June 5th, 2007, 4:36 pm
Posts: 1105
Location: Italy
I can understand the people who get worked up because the property they put money on has not been built.

I can also understand the developer trying to make things look better in the face of adversity but why there are buyers publicly attacking other disillusioned buyers is a bit of a surprise.

SuePollard was very forthcoming about her reading of the situation, and did so politely. There is every reason to assume she has no hidden agenda and that makes her believable.

On this forum you can state freely that the house that you paid for has not been built, if it has not been built. As for the reasons, apparently there's a forum for that.

Dennis.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: November 18th, 2009, 1:01 pm
Posts: 39
Very good posting SuePollard. You have got the facts right and no one can say otherwise. As you say, every genuine buyer, apart from those who run the other forum, hates the builder for his false promises and his compulsive lying that has made Jewel of the sea the worst case of Homes from Hell. Those who run the other forum have not even objected to the builder,wanting to manage the complex as RDV wants to be in full charge of the complex if it ever gets completed. How can this be possible, as every genuine buyer hates the builder and everything he stands for. The builder claims the banks have given finance for Jewel of the sea, but there is hardly any work taking place, apart from 4 or 5 workers with the odd digger to build a huge quality complex. Everyone paid double the price for Jewel of the Sea unit because of the Golf course. Now the builder has admitted that he has not yet arranged any finance from the bank for the golf course. The beachfront has a seizure order. Jewel of the sea is a total disaster and the builder is making every genuine buyer’s life a hell.
Suepollard, you should get a pat on back for prompting those who run the other website to finally admit how the builder had hacked into the closed forum of the clients to use information in that forum to intimidate buyers. Your posting in this forum has also finally got those who run the other forum to realize that the builder was out of order. Finally thanks to your post they have gone a small way to defend those buyers, who the builder was threatening to sue, by writing a letter to the builder. Well done Sue.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 27th, 2011, 7:48 am 
Offline

Joined: March 21st, 2008, 2:58 pm
Posts: 31
bellesanchez51 wrote:
Suepollard, you should get a pat on back for prompting those who run the other website to finally admit how the builder had hacked into the closed forum of the clients to use information in that forum to intimidate buyers. Your posting in this forum has also finally got those who run the other forum to realize that the builder was out of order. Finally thanks to your post they have gone a small way to defend those buyers, who the builder was threatening to sue, by writing a letter to the builder. Well done Sue.



Absolutely priceless....................script writing worthy of Hi Di Hi itself!


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: July 28th, 2011, 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: April 19th, 2011, 7:53 pm
Posts: 14
Neale wrote:
bellesanchez51 wrote:
Suepollard, you should get a pat on back for prompting those who run the other website to finally admit how the builder had hacked into the closed forum of the clients to use information in that forum to intimidate buyers. Your posting in this forum has also finally got those who run the other forum to realize that the builder was out of order. Finally thanks to your post they have gone a small way to defend those buyers, who the builder was threatening to sue, by writing a letter to the builder. Well done Sue.



Absolutely priceless....................script writing worthy of Hi Di Hi itself!


Bellesanchez51, its not of any significance whether posts in this forum prompted Neal’s U turn and finally admit that it was not his fellow buyers who had breached. It was the builder who illegally hacked into his own client’s closed forum to spy on clients and threaten buyers.
Hacking into your client’s private closed forum and then using contents of that forum to intimidate buyers is very serious. The letter Neale wrote may go some way, but no way does it go far enough. The letter written to the builder, RDV,should have at least mentioned
—The seriousness of the builder hacking into a private client’s forum to spy on and intimidate
---Should have insisted on a written apology to both the buyers, who must have had sleepless nights as a result of making postings in the other forum. These buyers are well liked by everyone and its disgusting the Neale’s letter is not going to insist on an apology from the builder who is loathed by every buyer.
---Letter should have mentioned that if RDV are using any further ID’s to spy on in that forum, then they should come clean now, otherwise strongest action against the builder would be taken.
---- Should have also mentioned how much the builder of Jewel of the sea is hated by every buyer for his repeated false promises, lies and intimidation. Builder has again lied by saying that it was the buyers of JOTS who had given him information from the other website, which those running the other website believed straight away. It is now confirmed by those running the other website, that it was the builder who had hacked into the forum by using in appropriate methods.
Neale, you have insinuated that I may have distorted facts. Please can you look at my post of 23rd July and let us all know which facts are distorted. You only seem to comment on issues which are not of major importance such as the alias used to submit posts in this forum or who may have prompted you to do a U turn and finally write a letter to the builder to let him know that he was out of order.
I still stand by what I said, which is that Neale did not come to the aid of the buyer when he should have. However immediately came to the aid of the builder claiming incorrectly that this forum was distorting facts , when information about what the builder was up to was posted on this forum. Can’t blame Bellesanchez51 for assuming that it was the contents of this forum that made you do a “U” turn.
Since we are on the subject of distortion of facts, it must be pointed out that Neale’s website gives access to certain areas of information to outsiders who are not buyers of Jewel of the sea but may be potential buyers of Jewel of the Sea. However the information with pictures in this area is heavily distorted. It paints a picture that work is coming along without any problems. Facts such as JOTS may never be finished with all buyers losing their deposit OR beachfront has seizure orders OR there is sever delays in getting JOTS built with hardly any workers at the site presently working OR hardly any buyers have been granted a valid BLG by the builder OR JOTS if ever completed will contain properties which cannot be lived by Italian residents or can’t be sold to any one residing in Italy OR the buyers have had very bad service from the builder OR the builder is putting pressure to sign a new addendum to avoid being sued are all distorted from that area which the outsiders can access.
Is that not the case Neale? Why run a website that distorts facts to outsiders to show that everything is coming along nicely with JOTS to tempt potential buyers? What is your obsession with defending the builder when he is wrong? What is your obsession with mouthing off incorrect information such as only those with no money to complete will bring litigation against the builder or anyone who doesn’t do as the builder tells you want JOTS to fail. Just cant believe such actions from a fellow buyer.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: September 25th, 2008, 6:31 pm
Posts: 141
bellesanchez51 wrote:
Everyone paid double the price for Jewel of the Sea unit because of the Golf course. Now the builder has admitted that he has not yet arranged any finance from the bank for the golf course.

I think the builder of Jewel of the Sea is now saying that he never said that there is planning permission for the golf course..So dont think there is even a planning permission for the golf course.
I hope one of the lawyers with knowledge of Jewel of the Sea or those that want to speak on behalf of the builder will correct me if I am wrong.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2008, 8:35 pm
Posts: 1482
Location: Herefordshire/Badolato
I seem to recall something about applying a long time ago the plans had been drawn up. Nothing since No time to go back and check forum on holiday and off to dinner once we have killed a fly. The flies are giving worse bites than mossies this year. You have been warned


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 11:26 am 
Offline

Joined: June 4th, 2007, 4:21 pm
Posts: 507
Location: London
Off topic and so posts deleted!!! If you want to discuss recipes, please use a new thread, not one where people are about to lose potentially hundreds of thousands of pounds.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: July 6th, 2009, 10:04 am
Posts: 142
Lavender, Is JOTS not yet sorted out?


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: August 14th, 2011, 7:39 am 
Offline

Joined: June 4th, 2007, 4:21 pm
Posts: 507
Location: London
No.

Can I remind ALL JOTs buyers that:

The Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal has certified that there is a case to answer in respect of allegations which are or include that Mr Giambrone :-

1. Failed to co-operate with the SRA
2. Failed to adequately supervise an office
3. Failed to maintain properly written up books of account
4. Took money out of client account otherwise than in accordance with the rules
5. Failed to promptly remedy breaches of the accounts rules
6. Wrongly transferred files out of the jurisdiction

And that on 7 July 2009, a Panel of Adjudicators Sub-Committee decided to impose immediate conditions on Mr Giambrone's registration as a Registered European Lawyer.

The Committee considered that Mr Giambrone is putting or is likely to put at risk the interests of clients.

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicit ... 10.article

All buyers should immediately contact a professional negligence solicitor in the UK and seek advice...if they dont want to lose all their money.

They can also consult the Solicitors Compensation Fund Rules which may be able to help with the costs of taking action to recover their losses from Giambrone Law LLP or their insurers.

http://www.sra.org.uk/sra/regulatory-fr ... -2009.page


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: August 14th, 2011, 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: July 6th, 2009, 10:04 am
Posts: 142
Thanks Lavender, but JOTS itself? (I.e. the purchase, planning permission(s) and construction).


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: August 24th, 2011, 11:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: September 25th, 2008, 6:31 pm
Posts: 141
Am sure that every buyer of JOTS have now seen the following website.

http://www.italianlawyer.co.uk/?p=38


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: November 30th, 2011, 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 25th, 2008, 8:35 pm
Posts: 1482
Location: Herefordshire/Badolato
At the risk of being accused of stirring, is there any news on this site?


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: November 30th, 2011, 6:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: June 5th, 2007, 4:36 pm
Posts: 1105
Location: Italy
Your can stir all you want, those that may be stirred are stirring elsewhere.

However the question is an interesting one as the development is being actively promoted, for example here: http://viewer.zmags.co.uk/showmag.php?m ... 1#/page98/ where you can reserve your jewel and realise your dreams.

As far as I know the beachfront is ok from a technical/legal perspective and there may be hope for the remainder. Any news appreciated - it still has the potential to be Calabria's biggest site.

Dennis.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: December 5th, 2011, 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: September 25th, 2008, 6:31 pm
Posts: 141
Copied and pasted the following post of a buyer of JOTS from a different thread "Free Legal Seminar The Calabria Phenomenon by IPLC-B&M Law"

SuePollard wrote:
Jewel of the sea development has now reached crisis point. The builder has finally admitted that he has no money to complete the build. He is now looking for someone to fund the project. The banks are refusing to lend . G&L considered doing a deal with a subcontractor requiring stage payments from buyers, however buyers were not willing to fall for that. Not heard anything positive yet about the seizure order for the beach front properties either.

I have spoken to Michele Minato and would advice every buyer of Jewel of the sea to contact Michele Minato at IPLC for a free 30 minute consultation. Mr Minato is aware of the JOTS situation and what actions can be brought against RDV as well as G&L.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: December 5th, 2011, 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: September 25th, 2008, 6:31 pm
Posts: 141
london37 wrote:
Copied and pasted the following post of a buyer of JOTS from a different thread "Free Legal Seminar The Calabria Phenomenon by IPLC-B&M Law"

SuePollard wrote:
Jewel of the sea development has now reached crisis point. The builder has finally admitted that he has no money to complete the build. He is now looking for someone to fund the project. The banks are refusing to lend . G&L considered doing a deal with a subcontractor requiring stage payments from buyers, however buyers were not willing to fall for that. Not heard anything positive yet about the seizure order for the beach front properties either.

.


Perhaps, Zagamilaw may care to comment on the above paragraph of Sue Pollard's quote.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 5:16 pm
Posts: 16
Dear buyers in JOTS,

I inform you that my firm is successfully closing disputes in Calabria and recovering money via the SRA.
I am actually assisting some Irish buyers in your development, and their preliminary contracts state that any breach will result in the builder returning double the deposit back.
Their documentation is in place to obtain within 2-3 months - not years - a court order condemning RDV to refund double of confirmation deposit.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you need assistance in this matter and for a first legal advice free of charge.
I would like to clarify that this is not a way of enticing new clients, but a way of informing you correctly of the various institutes and Italian legal system which you have not been advised of by other lawyers who are on this forum.

Kind regards

avv. Jolanda Ferrigno
VFL & Partners International Law Firm
jolanda@vfllawyers.co.uk
www.vfllawyers.co.uk


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 2:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: August 22nd, 2010, 1:23 pm
Posts: 37
Not sure who you refer too ! but I made a tentative enquiry regarding the many unsold apartments earlier in the year and was advised by RDV that their recomended Lawyer was Zagami Law, a clear "conflict of interest" if that is the case for clients who are looking for impartial advice to try and recoup there deposits from earlier purchase s on this development in my opinion.


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: September 25th, 2008, 6:31 pm
Posts: 141
maguires wrote:
building recommences on JOTS in January 15th 2012!


The builder falsely promised us that hundreds of workers would start in
September 2010, but this flurry of work did not take place and then he promised us that it would start in October 2010,
but this flurry of work did not take place and then he promised us that it would start in
November 2010, but this flurry of work did not take place and then he promised us that it would start in December 2010,
but this flurry of work did not take place and then he promised us that it would start in
January 2011, but this flurry of work did not take place and then he promised us that it would start in February 2011,
but this flurry of work did not take place and then he promised us that it would start in March 2011,
but this flurry of work did not take place and then he promised us that it would start in
April 2011, but this flurry of work did not take place and then he promised us that it would start in May 2011, but this flurry of work did not take place and then he promised us that this flurry of work would start in June 2011,
but it did not take place and then he promised us that work would start in
July 2011, but work did not take place and then he promised us that work would start in August 2011,
but work did not take place and then he promised us that work would start in
September 2011, but work did not take place and then he promised us that work would start in October 2011. In October2011, RDV the builder, told us that a full agreement has been signed & sealed with a subcontractor who were happy to build and fund JOTS and work would start definitely by end of October2011. But work did not take place and then he promised us that work would start in November 2011, but work did not take place.

And finally RDV, the builder told us that he has managed to find another subcontractor who will fund and build JOTS and GUARANTEED THAT THE WORK WILL START BY:
15th December 2011..Yep, you guessed it. There is no work what so ever taking place.
Now the builder has promised the buyers that the work will start on
January 15th 2012


Last edited by london37 on January 1st, 2012, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: April 7th, 2008, 10:06 am
Posts: 369
london37
Your post makes me want to weep for all the gut wrecking anxiety you have gone and are still going through. I'm not a legal beagle so cannot help there but my heart goes out to you.
This is probably not what you want to see posted ie no help to you but could not ignore your post.
mags


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Jewel of the Sea
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: May 30th, 2007, 8:32 am
Posts: 218
mags wrote:
london37
Your post makes me want to weep for all the gut wrecking anxiety you have gone and are still going through. I'm not a legal beagle so cannot help there but my heart goes out to you.
This is probably not what you want to see posted ie no help to you but could not ignore your post.
mags


Yes, totally agree.
I'm not sure whats worse, a site that actually exists and you live in hope of the development, or a site like ours (BV2) that effectively never existed and will never start :x


Report this post
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group