A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 10th, 2010, 1:28 pm 

Hi
Has anyone else recieved this letter and would you be willing to get together and try get something more then 5 people getting there apartments painted ,I think we could do a bit better if we all got together
Lis051

PostPosted: June 11th, 2010, 8:32 am 

lis051 wrote:
Hi
Has anyone else recieved this letter and would you be willing to get together and try get something more then 5 people getting there apartments painted ,I think we could do a bit better if we all got together
Lis051

Lis051, I wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye. I have also received a letter. I am wondering why the figure of 5 people. Could this be the minimum number of people they need to sign up for completion of their own volition thereby forcing remainder of purchasers to sign up or run the risk of losing their apartment. Can't help feeling suspicious. All progress photos have always shown Block B to be ahead of Block A. Could it be that only "B" purchasers have received this letter. I'm probably wrong but can't help wondering. Also, they sent copies of old progress photos. If they wanted to impress us surely they would have sent up-to-date photos, especially ones of the internal works being carried out, as they claim. Have you joined the VA Loop? We keep in touch with each other on VA matters. If I'm doing the builder an injustice I'm sorry, but with all the problems being experienced on other devs. you can't help wondering.
Angela.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2010, 9:45 am 

Have you sent a copy of the letter to your solicitor and asked him to check it out? if not why not? that's what you pay him for.

If in doubt don't do it till your 100 percent sure.

Cheers Diane :)

PostPosted: June 11th, 2010, 7:36 pm 

I won't be signing anything and I think Angela may have a point Lis051 you should join the VA loop although some on that seem more ready than others to complete. I have sent copy of letter and my response to my solicitor but there appears little doubt as and when people sign up it will be very difficult to get any communal work finished. It also looks, from the photos, that there is little room for the pool to go between blocks A&B.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2010, 8:30 pm 

We are buying in Block B but haven't received any letter. What does it say?

PostPosted: June 12th, 2010, 9:42 am 

Yes i sent the letter of to be checked as well. I kind of got weary when they advised us not to deal with lawyers but to go direct to them. To me it says there hidding something,i hope im wrong .
Waiting for lawyer to come back to me lol we seem to be always waiting for something.
lis

PostPosted: June 13th, 2010, 4:56 pm 

We're also in block B. You should join the google thread on VA.

Basically they are in dispute with IC etc but they are determined to complete and are offering to paint the internal parts of the apartment as an inducement for the first 5 people completing. Absolute joke. There are many who feel this is just another ruse.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2010, 9:35 am 

Hi Eirn67
how do i get to the google tread
Lis

PostPosted: June 15th, 2010, 9:41 pm 

Hi,

Email me on derekmitchell67@googlemail.com and I will forward this on to everyone else and you will then be part of the thread. Good luck.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2015, 11:42 pm 

Hi, My name is Geoff Wright and I am looking for some info regarding plot B,12 which my step son tried to buy back in 2007. at the Villaggio Angelo, I have been talking , no exchanging emails, with Brendan Dine in LOndon but as it is now Dec 23rd in 2015 he is going on xmas holiday. I thought this site was not even started but all the photos seem to tell me a lot of work has been done. Anyone have more info later than 2009 as the whole place should be fin ishedv and clients should have moved in in the last 6 years. Contact me on " geofflynn466@gmail.com " PLEASE I have been trying to get DOUBLE my step-son 's deposit back which is about E 100,000 .