A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Amusa delay costs
PostPosted: November 15th, 2009, 4:33 pm 

Hi All,
Thought I ought to keep you informed - This is my reply (sent today), to my recent invoice from G&L for just over 1000 euro, (doesn't sound much if you say it quickly). You will notice I have been as diplomatic and restrained as possible under the circumstances. But I,m starting to lose patience! I'll let you know of any reply. Comments welcome!
Kind Regards
Paul

'Re: Invoice received regarding the addendum charges relating to original signed Preliminary Contract Residential Amusa, and our telephone conversation 12/10/09.

Dear Mr Klingenbergs,
I telephoned you on the 12/10/09 to voice my concerns regarding the extra charges associated with the raising of an addendum to the existing afore mentioned contract. The basis of the conversation was that I wanted to continue with the purchase but at no extra cost to myself regarding the raising of this addendum. You informed me that the builder had honored to pay the fee to your firm for the drafting of the new contracts, and on this understanding I returned the green form accepting the delayed build completion. I am also aware that you have e-mailed another fellow purchaser on the same development conveying the same message. Therefore there can be no misunderstanding by myself on this matter. I have no intention of paying any extra costs associated with this addendum as this situation has been caused by the builders inability to deliver as agreed in the Preliminary Contract. Therefore they must pay the costs. I can only assume that this invoice has been sent in error! I look forward to your response and a satisfactory outcome regarding this issue, and the purchase in general. I am purchasing two properties in this area using your companies legal services, and I am hoping that we can continue to do business in a satisfactory manner.
Kind Regards
Paul ,

Post subject: Re: Amusa delay costs
PostPosted: November 15th, 2009, 5:19 pm 

Paul,

You may want to check other posts on this subject, however i think you'll find the builder is paying the costs for the contract change as it is very much in their interest. It looks like the best bet is to stay with the first contract you have like a lot of other buyers in Amusa Res.

Good luck,

Paul

PostPosted: November 26th, 2009, 7:57 pm 

Hi all,
Some news for you - spoke to KK @G&L on Monday he tells me that the builder is paying for the Addendum and he was to confirm that by e-mail at my request. The e-mail has not arrived, why am I not surprised! Apparently the 1k + bill just sent is for completion costs, I pointed out that we are nowhere near completing and there was a pay within 1 week request with the invoice. His answer to this was that this was a standard format invoice and no need to pay until completion. I pointed out that this had caused people a lot of concern, but that comment semed to fall on deaf ears. Anyway I also pushed for information on Other costs that might be expected on completion, and you may be interested to know that there will be power of attorney costs for them to raise the paperwork on the property (450 euro as an estimate). A similar charge will be levied for raising mortgage attorney paperwork, and their estimated cost for supplying an actual attorney on the day is about 600 euro. The alternative is for you to attend personally with an interpreter. This is the way I understood the conversation anyway, and I,m just passing the info on, but by all means make your own enquires and tell me if I,m wrong in any of these points.
Kind Regards
Paul

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 7:12 pm 

Hello Paul

My name is Elizabeth I too have bought a property at Residential Amusa and am dealing with Giambrone & Law. I have now received an invoice for E436. Have you received a similar one and do you intend to pay?

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 10:46 pm 

Hi Elizabeth

Would you like to join the Res Amusa google group I have sent you a pm

Lorica