A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 28th, 2009, 3:50 pm 

Hi there,

We are just back from visiting Residential Amusa we are purchasing C21 we stayed at the Kennedy and although the weather was awful as it rained every day we met lots of nice people who were buying in the area including our almost next door neighbours (C24).
There were approx 13 workman on site all working inside the apartments and when we arrived the workman were installing the frames for the patio doors inside our apartment. We were able to stand in our balcony and take in the views as well as wander through the rooms.
I’m not sure if our block the one closest the supermarket will be ready for May/June 2010 but the block furthest away from the supermarket may be ready for then. We also had a look at the finished apartments at Amusa Mare as it is the same builder and the finish was really good so all in all looking good. See pics below

Cheers
Marzi

Attachments:
Web large Res amusa view from 3rd floor towards road.JPG
Web large Res amusa view from 3rd floor towards road.JPG [ 49.15 KiB | Viewed 18319 times ]
3 Res Web Large Amusa view from 3rd floor supermarket block towards sea.JPG
3 Res Web Large Amusa view from 3rd floor supermarket block towards sea.JPG [ 123 KiB | Viewed 18309 times ]
5 Res Amusa interior 3rd floor 2 bed.JPG
5 Res Amusa interior 3rd floor 2 bed.JPG [ 128.51 KiB | Viewed 18306 times ]
6 back bedroom Res Amusa Sept 09.JPG
6 back bedroom Res Amusa Sept 09.JPG [ 116.2 KiB | Viewed 18307 times ]
7 Res Amusa interior 3rd floor 2 bed.JPG
7 Res Amusa interior 3rd floor 2 bed.JPG [ 39.71 KiB | Viewed 18308 times ]
8 Res Amusa balcony.JPG
8 Res Amusa balcony.JPG [ 129.2 KiB | Viewed 18306 times ]
9 Res Amusa 2 bed apt living kitchen area.JPG
9 Res Amusa 2 bed apt living kitchen area.JPG [ 121.04 KiB | Viewed 18310 times ]
10 Res Amusa 3rd floor bathroom.JPG
10 Res Amusa 3rd floor bathroom.JPG [ 124.1 KiB | Viewed 18306 times ]
11 Res Amusa 3rd floor living area looking out.JPG
11 Res Amusa 3rd floor living area looking out.JPG [ 123.38 KiB | Viewed 18318 times ]
PostPosted: September 28th, 2009, 4:47 pm 

Marzi ty for pics in the distance of one of them I could see the Collinetta looks ok from what i could see thanks

Cheers Diane x

PostPosted: September 28th, 2009, 8:29 pm 

Hi Marzi!

Thanks for the latest photos of Residential Amusa. Good to hear that workmen were on site inside the apartments. They seem to be progressing well. Hopefully, they will be completed by May/June 2010 as indicated by the developer. Fingers crossed that the winter won't be as bad as last year. We are the Irish occupiers in C12. Anyway, once the finished product is good, it will be worth the wait.

Last year, we had a nice meal in the restaurant across the road and they are a very friendly family who run it.

Berni.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2009, 9:06 pm 

Hi Marzi,

Thanks so much for the photo's, they look promising! We are thinking of travelling out 19-21 Oct for a flying visit, how did you make your way there?

Carol.

P.S. Hi too to Bernie our soon to be neighbours (we are C11)!

PostPosted: September 29th, 2009, 11:03 pm 

Thanks for the photos. It always makes it seem real and brings back a little of the excitement when someone puts on new pictures. It was great to hear that there were so many workers on site as there has never been any mention of more than 4 before. Cheers Jean.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 6:37 pm 

thanks for the progress report and photos, if it wasnt for this forum we wouldnt know a thing about what was going on out there. kenny and nikki (appartment c8)

PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 7:18 pm 

yes, thanks so much for the update and photos. Things are finally beginning to come together. I just read in another posting of a chap who is willing to transport goods over to southern Italy from Ireland - so that gives us a fair chance to start buying and storing it in preperation for the final journey.

Another happy to be resident. (C16)

Louise

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2009, 5:28 pm 

Hi, We're new to the forum, will be in apartment D35, (when its finished!) We are traveling there on the 13th to see how everything is progressing and will be staying at the "Kennedy" and hope to meet some of our new neighbours there. Anybody there from Co. Meath?

Regards
Fred & Maura

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2009, 5:51 pm 

hi bop,

we are from leixlip,

our apt is A 4

hope your trip goes ok and do take some photos if possible, the kennedy is good for location and relaxation , hope weather holds out.

when the pm message is working again i will try to make contact again,

regards,

mikec

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2009, 6:17 pm 

I can't agree with Kenny1968 enough without this forum and the input of its members we would all be completely in the dark about this complex and every other one. The lack of info from the developers is appalling and what you do get told is not quite always the truth, again thanks for the photos and progress report. My wife and I will be there from the 10th until the 24th of October so if anyone sees a big ugly bloke (who doesn't look like he belongs in such a beautiful place) pushing a purple wheelchair. Please say Hello I promise I will grunt back. We are staying on the outskirts of Marine Di Giosia in an Apartment. but will often be seen in and around Rocella and Caulonia beaches (weather permitting)

Turtle
Apartment B2

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2009, 7:01 pm 

Hi Fred & Maura,

Welcome to the forum. Nice to hear from a Co. Meath buyer at Amusa Res. I am from Meath, my husband is from Dublin..We are apt C12, not going over again until it is completed. Hope we meet up sometime.. Enjoy your stay there in Oct.

Berni

Bop wrote:
Hi, We're new to the forum, will be in apartment D35, (when its finished!) We are traveling there on the 13th to see how everything is progressing and will be staying at the "Kennedy" and hope to meet some of our new neighbours there. Anybody there from Co. Meath?

Regards
Fred & Maura

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2009, 9:40 pm 

Hi Marzi

Lovely to see some photos of the appartments.We have baught B20 and have not used the Forum so I hope this message reaches the site.We had emailed you some time ago last year and the photo's are just so good to see look forward to seeing all our neighbours in the coming year.
Regards Damien, Karen, Lynn

We are just back from visiting Residential Amusa we are purchasing C21 we stayed at the Kennedy and although the weather was awful as it rained every day we met lots of nice people who were buying in the area including our almost next door neighbours (C24).
There were approx 13 workman on site all working inside the apartments and when we arrived the workman were installing the frames for the patio doors inside our apartment. We were able to stand in our balcony and take in the views as well as wander through the rooms.
I’m not sure if our block the one closest the supermarket will be ready for May/June 2010 but the block furthest away from the supermarket may be ready for then. We also had a look at the finished apartments at Amusa Mare as it is the same builder and the finish was really good so all in all looking good. See pics below

Cheers
Marzi[/quote]

PostPosted: October 5th, 2009, 8:08 pm 

[Hi Carol,

We travelled Easyjet Edinburgh to Milan stayed the w/e in Milan at the Ibis Hotel which was a great location and really good value for money. We then travelled Milan to Lamezia and hired a car through Easyjet to take us to Calabria for the week than back to Milan for an overnight before returning to Edinburgh.
I hope when you go the weather is better, saying that although the rain was constant it wasn’t cold and we still had a great time.
We also went to the restaurant way, way up the hill between the one next to the Kennedy and La Cascina I don’t know if many people have visited but we weren’t aware it was there but thanks to our new neighbours in C24 who recommended as it is really worth a visit. The restaurant looks like a chateau or a castle with high ceilings and wrought iron chandeliers and when we were there the huge windows were lit up by flashes of lightening, very atmospheric. The chef came to our table and offered us the days catch of fish and lobster one word of warning the portions were huge and the local starter dishes never ending but the food was lovely and very reasonable and a bit different I had steak in a marsala wine with coffee beans.
It was good to see our apartments coming on lets hope next summer we will all be able to meet each other and have one amazing barbeque.

Cheers Marzi
quote="Carol"]Hi Marzi,

Thanks so much for the photo's, they look promising! We are thinking of travelling out 19-21 Oct for a flying visit, how did you make your way there?

Carol.

P.S. Hi too to Bernie our soon to be neighbours (we are C11)![/quote]

PostPosted: October 5th, 2009, 8:13 pm 

Hi Damien, Karen & Lynn,

Good to hear from you again look forward to catching up when we are all settled in our apartments in sunny Calabria.

Cheers
Marzi
Damien,Karen,Lynn wrote:
Hi Marzi

Lovely to see some photos of the appartments.We have baught B20 and have not used the Forum so I hope this message reaches the site.We had emailed you some time ago last year and the photo's are just so good to see look forward to seeing all our neighbours in the coming year.
Regards Damien, Karen, Lynn

Cheers
Marzi
[/quote]

PostPosted: October 5th, 2009, 11:49 pm 

Thanks Marzi, that restuarant sounds amazing! Will let you know how we get on & look forward to meeting you at Amusa!

Carol.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2009, 2:24 pm 

Marzi,

Thanks for the great photos. We have bought at C3 and its good to hear about the workmen.

Can you tell me who you spoke with about organising going onto the site and viewing your own apartment?

We are going out between Oct 14-17 and would like to walk inside our flat, maybe get some measurements.

Cheers

Boydy

PostPosted: October 7th, 2009, 8:59 am 

Hi Fred & Maura

Looks like we will be neighbours as we are in D34. We stayed at the Kennedy during our visit in june this year and had a great time. We were able to walk throught the apartment and take some pics. Ours is at the left hand side of the lift shaft.

Thanks to Marzi for the photo's. It is good to hear that there are some more workers on the complex, whilst we were there we only ever saw three guys at ony one time.

I would also recommend Ranch Sound (half way between Rocella and Caulonia) about 500 yards off the road for something to eat - the seafood pasta was to die for!

Jo & Alan

PostPosted: October 7th, 2009, 7:26 pm 

Carol wrote:
Thanks Marzi, that restuarant sounds amazing! Will let you know how we get on & look forward to meeting you at Amusa!

Carol.

[
Quote:
    quote][/quote]

PostPosted: October 7th, 2009, 7:28 pm 

jojo wrote:
    Hi Fred & Maura

Looks like we will be neighbours as we are in D34. We stayed at the Kennedy during our visit in june this year and had a great time. We were able to walk throught the apartment and take some pics. Ours is at the left hand side of the lift shaft.

Thanks to Marzi for the photo's. It is good to hear that there are some more workers on the complex, whilst we were there we only ever saw three guys at ony one time.

I would also recommend Ranch Sound (half way between Rocella and Caulonia) about 500 yards off the road for something to eat - the seafood pasta was to die for!

Jo & Alan

Quote:

PostPosted: October 7th, 2009, 7:44 pm 

[si
    Hi all Jo Jo our neighbour, Mikec from Leixlip also Bernied from Co.Meath .Thank you all for your warm welcome. Hope we all meet next year bye the pool... Will take some photo's & post them on forum when we return home.

Fred & Maura

PostPosted: October 7th, 2009, 11:49 pm 

Hi,
    We care thinking of travelling over Christmas to check out Amusa and Colinetta. Has anyone travelled to Calabria via Rome? I would like to take the kids to see the sites and it seems to me to be more accessible than Milan. Also does anyone know what the weather is like in December? I may change my plans if it's true about the snow. After being there in August it's hard to imagine it ever being cold! 8)
    Thanks
    Eloise

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 9:12 am 

Hi Eloise

We used this route last year and fly air1 from Rome to Lamezia. Try their website: www.flyairon.com for timetable, fares, etc. The fly from fiumincio, check in was a bit chaotic, but no worse than easyjet or ryanair, and the flight time isabout an hour. There is an express train from the termini station in Rome that only take about 20 mins.

Good luck.

Jojo

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 11:08 am 

Have any of you received a letter from G&L today re late completion of Res Amusa

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 1:37 pm 

Hi Lorica,

Yes, letter received this morning with two options:

1. Agree new completion date of 30/05/10 and pay solicitors €750 (plus 20% IVA & 2% CPA) to prepare and execute addendum
    2. Do not accept delayed completion, withdraw from purchase and request double the deposit (possibly getting into protracted litigation & incurring more solicitors fees)

Personally, I am not overly bothered about the completion date being May 2010, my concerns are the additional fees. It is not our fault that the build is late, so why should we pay for an addendum to our contract?

Our preliminary contract states that if the completion date of November 09 is not achieved the developer is in breach of contract. We are being asked to consider that the devleoper may argue that delays have been as a result of force majeure or an 'act of god'. I think photographic evidence alone may prove that rather than act of god it's just been shall we say 'a rather slow development with possbily not enough resource available to complete the project on time'.

That said, we are in a much better position than most, BC talk to us, the build is happening, most if not all of us, have confirmation that BC have received our reservation fee and deposit.

So, we need to decide which option suits us best. It would be great to find out what we all think.

As we are on a deadline to return the 'green form' by 16 October (in the non existent pre addressed envelope)! Is there any way the forum can run a simple vote?

Carol.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 1:38 pm 

hi guys. kenny 1968 apt.C8. Our bank guarantee expired 2 months ago and having absolutely no joy from Bella Calabria or our lawyers in getting a new one. All we seem to hear is "the man is coming next week". We are concerned that our deposit is not safe without the guarantee. Is anyone else having the same problem or receiving helpful information from their lawyer? Please let me know. Thanks.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 2:47 pm 

Hi kenny1968 - Lucky you having had a BLG to expire...we never had one from the start. We have had word from BC though that the build is still happening (and builder is not going bust).

Also...lucky all those who had a letter from G&L (they're still working are they, despite all the legal hearings?). The only paperwork we seemed to get from them (before we disinstructed them) were bills.

Having originally had G&L as our lawyers, we also have the clause relating to end of November 09 completion. I think to invoke this clause would lead to considerable financial and time committment (to pursue the necessary legal action). It may well be destined for completion next May/June, but we are willing to wait it out (there is light at the end of the tunnel).

Beekeeper

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 3:23 pm 

Hi
    '
    Block C will be the last to be finished and I don't think this will be done by May 2010 having visited in July 2009 they have a long long way to go yet!

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 3:40 pm 

What do you think then Lorica? Option 1 or Option 2? I'm erring towards Option 1 but will be asking solicitors why the developer can't pay the legal fees involved with this delay, gotta be cheaper for them than our choosing option2!

If we choose Option 1 and Block C is still not finished in May 2010 we could find ourselves doing this all over again and incurring a further 'addendum fee' as there is no guarantee that a breach of contract at that point would be any more successful than it is now.

Also, bit concerned that solicitors fees seem to have changed from being 'fixed'!

Carol.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 6:56 pm 

thanks for the reply beekeeper. may i ask who (lawyer) you are with now. we are with VFL and Partners.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 7:12 pm 

Kenny1968 - the same as you (Jolanda at VFL)...probably the reason why we are not facing any additional legal costs like the G&L clients.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 7:21 pm 

Carol wrote:
    Hi Lorica,

Yes, letter received this morning with two options:

1. Agree new completion date of 30/05/10 and pay solicitors €750 (plus 20% IVA & 2% CPA) to prepare and execute addendum
    2. Do not accept delayed completion, withdraw from purchase and request double the deposit (possibly getting into protracted litigation & incurring more solicitors fees)

Carol.

I hope you don't mind me adding my comments here, but believe me I have heard this all before.

What you have to ask yourselves is why an independant lawyer, working for YOU would ask you to sign a document that effectively negates your rights to sue to breach of contract. I can understand that you might want to sit it out and hope for reasonable delay, but you need to keep your options open. I just cannot see how signing an Addendum is in your best interests . . . . . and then to charge you for it? Ridiculous.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 7:32 pm 

Hi Carol!

We are not with G&L. However, after reading your message regarding the options available to you, I would opt for Option 1 personally but without paying any money over to G&L. I don't understand why a delay in the development should cost a customer any money, if anything, the developer should owe you money for breach of contract. This appears to be a way of making money for G&L.

All G&L customers should try and communicate and agree the same thing.

Berni..your neighbour in 12C.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 8:35 pm 

kenny1968 wrote:
    hi guys. kenny 1968 apt.C8. Our bank guarantee expired 2 months ago and having absolutely no joy from Bella Calabria or our lawyers in getting a new one. All we seem to hear is "the man is coming next week". We are concerned that our deposit is not safe without the guarantee. Is anyone else having the same problem or receiving helpful information from their lawyer? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi all,
    First of all thanks to JoJo for the tips on travel via Rome. Secondly the bank guarantee. I contacted G&L a number of times over the past year and still don't have the renewed one. Initial communication with them was great but this died down when they closed the London office, or moved (I'm no longer sure which it is now). Anyway we received their 'letter' and will e looking at it properly tomorrow. Bit of a cheek asking the buyers to pay up when the developer is at fault. Aren't they supposed to pay a % based on them not meeting their deadline! Also it is a bit unfair giving this kind of deadline for such a decision. Everything seems to be rushed through with this development.... except of course the actual development! Will let you know what we decide.
    Eloise
    We are appt. A17 in Amusa.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 9:16 pm 

Hi Boydy,

We just drove onto the site propped a pallet against the balcony and climbed in smiling at the builders indicating what we were doing with a mixture of hand gestures and our very basic Italian.
    Unlike a building site in the UK we were able to walk up the stairs to our apartment and have a look about. Look forward to hearing how you get on when you get back.

Cheers
    Marzi
    boydy wrote:
    Marzi,

Thanks for the great photos. We have bought at C3 and its good to hear about the workmen.

Can you tell me who you spoke with about organising going onto the site and viewing your own apartment?

We are going out between Oct 14-17 and would like to walk inside our flat, maybe get some measurements.

Cheers

Boydy

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 9:42 pm 

Hi there,
    We were in Caulonia December/January 2008 the weather was sunny during the day enough so that we managed to have lunch sitting outside every day. During the day I did not need a coat as a jumper and jeans were warm enough but at night you would need a jacket/coat and heating on in your apartment or hotel room.

Cheers
    Marzi
    whatanaussie wrote:
    Hi,
    We care thinking of travelling over Christmas to check out Amusa and Colinetta. Has anyone travelled to Calabria via Rome? I would like to take the kids to see the sites and it seems to me to be more accessible than Milan. Also does anyone know what the weather is like in December? I may change my plans if it's true about the snow. After being there in August it's hard to imagine it ever being cold! 8)
    Thanks
    Eloise

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 9:52 pm 

I have emailed the solicitors suggesting the developer might like to pay for any addendum to the contract. Of course, we would prefer to carry on but it doesn't seem right that we should pay more. Hopefully other buyers will put the same question to the solicitors...............?

Carol. :?:

PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 10:32 pm 

Carol wrote:
    I have emailed the solicitors suggesting the developer might like to pay for any addendum to the contract.Carol. :?:

Why do you need an addendum at all? It won't make them finish the development any quicker. Just carry on with the contract you have . . . . at least you won't be signing away your rights to sue should you need to further down the line.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2009, 9:07 am 

Please would anybody who is not with G&L advise if they have had a similar letter suggesting the addendum at the addtional cost

Barnpot

PostPosted: October 9th, 2009, 10:18 am 

Hi Guys

We are also with G&L and have received the same letter. Completion of the development in summer 2010 would also suit us a bit better, so we intend to take option 1. Option 2, i think, will be costly and timely.

However, we will be contacting them, by email, to express our 'disagreement' with the extra fee, as we agree that it is unfair and unreasonable to expect the client (us) to pay because of a dealy with is not our making.

I suggest that everyone on the forum who wishes to take this option also expresses their disquiet about the extra fees.

We will be returneding the green form, in our envelope, but not handed over any monies.

Jojo

PostPosted: October 9th, 2009, 11:03 am 

Hello,

Paul & Caroline from A31. Got the letter yesterday too and it looks to me as if G&L and Bella Calabria have had a bit of a fall out. I wouldn't blame BC to be honest as the lawyers have been a total disaster from the start. The fact that G&L forgot the envelope shows that not much has changed.. :D

Think we would be mad paying any more money to G&L. In fact we should all be getting a refund as files were transferred to Italy without most of our permission.

I will be replying to G&L by notice that i will be deinstructing them so would be greatfull if any other Amusa buyers could provide suitable lawyers names?? Will prob just pay a lawyer nearer the end to help complete the purchase which should hopefully be less than 1k euro's based on costs in a couple of the Amusa Mare posts.

I see no reason why the existing contract would not stand if things are left as is.

Good luck everyone, hopefully we will get there soon...

Paul

PostPosted: October 9th, 2009, 12:50 pm 

It has already been established that attaching an addendum to the contract where there is the potential of a breach of contract by the builder is not necessarily in your best interests.

I would suggest that if your lawyer is recommending this course of action that you seek independent legal advice as soon as possible. A number of lawyers have posted their details on this site and most are offering a free consultation. I would suggest you take a range of views on the situation you find yourself in.

For those intending to continue instructing Giambrone Law, I recommend that you ask them to confirm that your contract is fully compliant with the relevant Italian legislation and specifically D.lgs 122 of 2005 and ensure that the relevant information is included in the contract, specifically the planning permissions and that the relevant documentation including the building specification is attached to the contract and has been signed by all parties. You also need to confirm that all obligations upon the builder have been met or are intending to be met, specifically in relation to the bank and builders guarantee.

If you do not have a copy of the signed contract you should ask for one for your records. If you accept their advice to attach an addendum to the contract, ask them to provide a formal translation of the clauses from Italian to English.

If you do not have a report on title, you should ask for one as this is a very important document. If you have a report on title which does not actually give a report on the title, you should ask for an explanation.

You might also want to confirm with them at what point you have to complete in relation to completion of the external works, specifically the swimming pool so that you can plan your finances accordingly.

They should also be able to make you aware of the extra costs that you will be incurring upon completion, specifically in relation to the connection fees and give you more details about the allocation of the communal space, how this will be calculated and when it will be apportioned. They should also be able to give you more details about the structure of the management company and when this will be set up and an estimate of the fees. They are after all purportedly acting in your best interests and on behalf of large numbers of purchasers and so ought to know this information.

I think someone has said that Residential Amusa is being built by the same builder as Amusa Mare so probably the cause of the delay is cashflow and not force majeure. (I think Avv DeTullio made a post recently about the requirements needed for the builder to be able claim force majeure.)

You should confirm the reason for the delay and ask them to confirm that they made the adequate checks on the financial position of the builder and his abililty to deliver the project on time, prior to drafting the preliminary contract which they advised you to sign.

Together, all these things will help protect your own financial position should the unthinkable happen as the SRA have concluded from their investigations to date that Mr Giambrone is putting or likely to put at risk the interests of his clients.

If you do not feel that your lawyer has acted or is acting in your best interests then you can also contact the Legal Complaints Service if you instructed the firm in the UK. (http://www.legalcomplaints.org.uk)

I love Caulonia and R Amusa is a great development in a good location and so I hope the issues are resolved soon and you all manage to complete to your satisfaction. Good luck.

Last edited by Lavender on October 9th, 2009, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2009, 4:10 pm 

Sound advice Lavender.

We will be drafting a reply to G&L on Monday and I will I will raise most of the points that you have mentioned. I Thinks we are amongst the lucky few as we do have a correctly signed copy of the contract. I will also be taking independet legal advice.

We will keep everyone up-to-date with progress.

Jo and Alan

PostPosted: October 10th, 2009, 12:36 pm 

First apologise for re raising this request again, but as the only replies so far posted (except for Lavender, sound advice yet again, thanks) are from G&L clients. It would really help those who have received the letter from G&L to know if clients of other lawyers have also been advised of the need for the addendum.

Barnpot

PostPosted: October 10th, 2009, 4:14 pm 

Hi!

We did not receive a letter from our Solicitor advising of the need for the addendum.

Berni

PostPosted: October 11th, 2009, 3:40 pm 

jojo wrote:
    Sound advice Lavender.

We will be drafting a reply to G&L on Monday and I will I will raise most of the points that you have mentioned. I Thinks we are amongst the lucky few as we do have a correctly signed copy of the contract. I will also be taking independet legal advice.

We will keep everyone up-to-date with progress.

Jo and Alan

Hi Jojo,
    Do you have an english speaking italian lawyer you can contact for independant legal advice?

Pooch

PostPosted: October 11th, 2009, 3:50 pm 

barnpot wrote:
    First apologise for re raising this request again, but as the only replies so far posted (except for Lavender, sound advice yet again, thanks) are from G&L clients. It would really help those who have received the letter from G&L to know if clients of other lawyers have also been advised of the need for the addendum.

Barnpot

Different lawyer and (like Bernied) no letter received here either.

PostPosted: October 11th, 2009, 4:22 pm 

"Why do you need an addendum at all? It won't make them finish the development any quicker. Just carry on with the contract you have . . . . at least you won't be signing away your rights to sue should you need to further down the line."[quote][/quote]

Like Park1 says.....why do we have to have an addendum added at this stage. Our original documentation is already out of date as are the completion dates - and it changes nothing -. We are still the owners of these units in the development. I will not be paying any further money to G&L. They can finish what they were instructed to do for me for the price negociated on the original documentation. Chase the developer for more money if they are not happy - not us. Someone has had our 50% deposits since early 2007....... we have lost out on interest on these deposits. Enough said...
    I will be returning the green form and making option 1. I still want to go ahead with this development and an happy to wait till mid 2010 in order to acquire it.

Liam & Louise (C16)

PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 9:40 am 

Hi,
    This is my first contribution - hope i'm doing it right! Spoke to Giambrone & Law yesterday and they informed me that the builder has agreed to pay the addendum costs - which is only right. So panic over! The guy I spoke to was Kieran Klingenberg and he spoke to me immediately and was very helpful. Therefore I have returned the green form with the first box ticked as requested. By the way does anybody know if this is the same builder that is currently working on the Collinetta site?
    Paul

PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 9:46 am 

Paul wrote:
    Hi,
    This is my first contribution - hope i'm doing it right! Spoke to Giambrone & Law yesterday and they informed me that the builder has agreed to pay the addendum costs - which is only right. So panic over! The guy I spoke to was Kieran Klingenberg and he spoke to me immediately and was very helpful. Therefore I have returned the green form with the first box ticked as requested. By the way does anybody know if this is the same builder that is currently working on the Collinetta site?
    Paul

I dont suppose by any remote chance Mr Klingenberg clarified why an addendum was more preferable to a default notice given there is a potential breach of contract by the builder?

PostPosted: October 13th, 2009, 9:49 am 

The builder at Collinetta is Carmelo. The builder at Amusa Resid is the same as the one doing Amusa Mare.