A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: marinella 2
PostPosted: July 26th, 2009, 3:49 pm 

Hi
New to the forum and just trying to get in touch with anyone who brought into marinella mare phase 2 .

sandboy

Post subject: Re: marinella 2
PostPosted: July 29th, 2009, 10:06 am 

Hi sent you a pm the other day don't know if you received it.

sandboy wrote:
Hi
New to the forum and just trying to get in touch with anyone who brought into marinella mare phase 2 .

sandboy

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2009, 5:36 pm 

Hi just got back from Marinella. Cannot send you a pm as this seems to have been removed from the site. Apparently this is being updated. I went into Marinella Mare 2 - it all seems to be complete bar snagging which you will have to do yourself, or get one of the many firms that are doing this.

I'm sure you are aware you do not get the flat painted, have a kitchen installed, have shower doors, electrical fittings (these are just wires). I have a couple of photos of the outside of the building, not sure how I download them onto here, will ask my 12 year old to help me. Another thing, although air con units have been installed, no-one from your development has been issued with controls yet, as you, like us are still on builders electric (this is only a problem in high season as you do need it). After talking to someone else in the development, they have been told they will get these when the electricity meters have been installed. Word of warning about this, ENEL come and switch off builders electric, and install your meter - it is then up to you to organise your own contract with ENEL for your supply - takes about half a day apparently, - meanwhile you are left without any electricity supply, until you have done the contract.

As regards the air con units, a lot of them in our development had to have the technician come back and look at them as they were leaking water when running - I think some valve or other hadnt been switched inside the unit and therefore the water wasnt running away as it should do. Unless this is tested on your snagging you will not know until you use it. Some doors in our development also open the wrong way so that the switch is behind the door!!!

It takes time but they will put things right - dont ever try and get anything done in August - they are all away/on holiday/not working etc. If you want to order furniture it takes an average of 3 months for it to arrive. It really depends if you want to do this yourself or avail yourself of one of the many packages that are available.

sandboy wrote:
Hi

sandboy

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2009, 7:25 pm 

Hello Sandboy and anyone else who bought at sabbie di marinella!
There are 15 of us who who all in contact with each other!
If you have not already emailed Lori Marchegiano-Dietrich please do so as I am trying to organise a condominium group and I will put you on the email list with all the rest of us. Power in numbers!
here is my email lorim@colet.com
Lori

PostPosted: September 6th, 2009, 11:38 am 

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me , I had the snag report done on friday and there are a few little bits that have to be completed , and was told they should be done in 2/3 weeks .

Yes i was aware that the place will need painting , electrics ETC ETC , something i will have to get done in due course .

As for kitchen and furniture have been looking at some of the packages through the company i used for my snag report they look quite reasonable just depends what the quality is like .I was thinking of buying a lot from this country and driving it over but still very undicided at the moment , think its good in a way to try and keep things in the economy in and around the calabria area .

PostPosted: September 6th, 2009, 1:05 pm 

We have bought 'big stuff' like beds, wardrobes and tables locally - many use http://www.emmezeta.org/ which is just off the A3 not far from Cosenza.

Others use Per Sempre (or whatever it is called now - I believe it changed) which is on the Catenzaro road from Lamezia.

Or Turco at Amantea - excellent quality, speaks English (Vincenzo) not cheap, but if you want the quality...... Our kitchen cost less than a B&Q one of similar quality, and Turco fitted it as well (couldn't afford that from B&Q!)

Small stuff, take it if you drive - we found many things cheaper at home in NW England. Take your light fittings and especially low energy bulbs!! Many go to Euronics who have a good range, but they want up to 10 euros for low energy bulbs - our Argos had a sponsored deal of 5 for a pound! Soft furnishings are much cheaper here at home... etc

PostPosted: September 7th, 2009, 1:36 pm 

Cannot recommed Turco highly enough - if you are going out there it is certainly worth a look - especially for kitchens - as for the other items, if I had my time again would certainly consider hiring a van and taking a job lot over. One thing my sister did was go to IKEA in Bari, I believe there is also one in Naples, looked at what she wanted to purchase over here and then bought it over there. One thing though, on the van hire - they tried to bill her for a new clutch - finally managed to recoup the 800 euros they charged her.

sandboy wrote:
Hi

Thanks for getting back to me , I had the snag report done on friday and there are a few little bits that have to be completed , and was told they should be done in 2/3 weeks .

Yes i was aware that the place will need painting , electrics ETC ETC , something i will have to get done in due course .

As for kitchen and furniture have been looking at some of the packages through the company i used for my snag report they look quite reasonable just depends what the quality is like .I was thinking of buying a lot from this country and driving it over but still very undicided at the moment , think its good in a way to try and keep things in the economy in and around the calabria area .

PostPosted: September 29th, 2009, 12:09 pm 

Hi Sandboy and all,

Yes we have bought in Marinella Mare II, this is not sabbia though we are the building next door we have Apt No 8, we went over in august was vv hot and the developer Mr barbalace had kept the remote so it was Very uncomfortable!!. Until we change our electric so will just keep to builders electric now until next year!. Anyway we have our kitchen, and we have got calabrian invest to paint the walls and they put the shower door on, and they connected the gas and oven up for us so we have decided to use them for management key holding etc very nice people... We also got hit for a an extra bill for the utility connection fees! Totally agree about bringing what you can from the UK as very expensive. There is a shopping centre Euronics near Pizzo we used that and got most of the stuff we needed and there is a Brico just before the Vibo centre. Just need to get our bills sorted out now. If anyone wants to get in touch feel free!!

Regards

PostPosted: September 29th, 2009, 4:56 pm 

Hi

It's Angela from the development next door. How are you all doing? We are going back out in the October half term - just hope it is as warm as last year. My niece has just come back after 9 days in Marinella and she had rain the whole time she was there.

I notice that you say you got hit with a utilities connection bill - how much was this and who charged you this and what was it for - just a bit concerned in case the same happens to us.

Hoping that we are not still on builders electric next August - great that we don't have to pay for it but totally useless when you want to use the air conditioning.

Anyway take care and speak to you soon

clarelshakeshaft wrote:
Hi Sandboy and all,

Yes we have bought in Marinella Mare II, this is not sabbia though we are the building next door we have Apt No 8, we went over in august was vv hot and the developer Mr barbalace had kept the remote so it was Very uncomfortable!!. Until we change our electric so will just keep to builders electric now until next year!. Anyway we have our kitchen, and we have got calabrian invest to paint the walls and they put the shower door on, and they connected the gas and oven up for us so we have decided to use them for management key holding etc very nice people... We also got hit for a an extra bill for the utility connection fees! Totally agree about bringing what you can from the UK as very expensive. There is a shopping centre Euronics near Pizzo we used that and got most of the stuff we needed and there is a Brico just before the Vibo centre. Just need to get our bills sorted out now. If anyone wants to get in touch feel free!!

Regards

PostPosted: September 29th, 2009, 4:56 pm 

Hi

It's Angela from the development next door. How are you all doing? We are going back out in the October half term - just hope it is as warm as last year. My niece has just come back after 9 days in Marinella and she had rain the whole time she was there.

I notice that you say you got hit with a utilities connection bill - how much was this and who charged you this and what was it for - just a bit concerned in case the same happens to us.

Hoping that we are not still on builders electric next August - great that we don't have to pay for it but totally useless when you want to use the air conditioning.

Anyway take care and speak to you soon

clarelshakeshaft wrote:
Hi Sandboy and all,

Regards

PostPosted: September 29th, 2009, 6:20 pm 

"developer Mr barbalace had kept the remote "

pop down to your local electric shop with the name and make and I suspect they will have replacement remotes you can buy. Just turn it off if you know he is around, buy a fan and say how efficient it is. Naughty but....

PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 6:56 pm 

This is a message for Angela..........I am in the process of buying in the same block as yours (12) and would be grateful for any advice.

Best Wishes,

Linda