A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 7th, 2012, 8:37 pm 

My nephew has booked the following long wait in Milan but great price

Edinburgh to Milan Malpensa Tuesday 23rd April 10 20 arrive 13 50
£21
Malpensa to Lamezia 19 35 arrive 21 20
£44

All with easyjet
mags

PostPosted: November 8th, 2012, 8:41 am 

You had me all excited there Mags, I thought it was direct Edinburgh to Lamezia - I was ready to wake my husband from his night-shift sleep to tell him (a cardinal sin in our house)!! It seems quite a long wait between flights, were there any sooner? We went out a couple of weeks ago on the Edinburgh - Naples flight, leaving Edinburgh at 6am and got the train down to Lamezia. We could have been in our apartment by about 3.30 but booked a later train because we didn't know how long it would take us to get to the train station from the airport, and also to allow for flight delays. At that time of year we probably would have been better just getting a ticket for the next train when we got to the station. As it was, the kids were still in the pool by teatime!

PostPosted: November 13th, 2012, 6:33 pm 

Sorry if I built up your hopes, good job you didn't wake up your husband!!

I just thought that it was a great price and don't think that there was an earlier flight to Lamezia or my nephew would have spotted it.

We did the flight from Ed to Naples in the summer and got the train to Lamezia but the return train then flight was one we would not do again. Got the midnight train then had to wait hours in Naples for our flight back to Edinburgh.

In October we flew from Glasgow to Stansted then Lamezia same return all in same day both ways.

I retire at Christmas and would move over in January but we have had our house here on the market for 4 weeks and haven't had a viewer yet, not even a nosey no intention of buying viewer. Hopefully things will pick up in the New Year.

Maybe someone on the forum is looking for a lovely detached bungalow in the beautiful Clyde Valley of Scotland. Garden has summer house with decking and bbq area, 3 patio areas, greenhouse, swing seat, shed and hammock area. Weather is rainy for most of summer hence reason for buying in Calabria...hee hee

mags

PostPosted: November 13th, 2012, 9:09 pm 

Could you rent it out? Income and security until the market picks up?

PostPosted: November 15th, 2012, 1:44 am 

mags good luck with house sale hope you fare better than me we have had ours up for 2 years plenty of viewiers but no takers as yet i live in hope lolll when eventually you do settle in Calabria i hope you have many happy years there

Cheers Diane