A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ireland to Rome
PostPosted: March 8th, 2010, 9:33 pm 
Just a quick reminder that Aelingus resumes its flights from the 28th of March from Belfast to Rome (FCO).The flights run all year round from Dublin with two flights at weekends.
Aerlingus also resumes its Naples flight, be it for the short window from March 28th untill the first of May and is also worth considering.
Ryanair continues its daily flights from Dublin to Ciampino airport Rome prices are normally pretty much the same and can give graeter flexibility when mixing them if required.

http://www.aerlingus.com
http://www.ryanair.com

Best Regards

Mark

Post subject: Re: Ireland to Rome
PostPosted: March 8th, 2010, 11:37 pm 

The biggest problem with flying from Ireland is the connecting flight times don't seem to work that well or maybe it's just me?
I have booked flights for July from Belfast to Rome for my wife and i and 4 children and we only have 1 hour to catch our connecting flight down to Lamezia i hope we have no delays as i don't have a plan B.

Regards

Barney

PostPosted: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 am 
barneyjoe wrote:
The biggest problem with flying from Ireland is the connecting flight times don't seem to work that well or maybe it's just me?
I have booked flights for July from Belfast to Rome for my wife and i and 4 children and we only have 1 hour to catch our connecting flight down to Lamezia i hope we have no delays as i don't have a plan B.

Regards

Barney

Have you checked all the different carriers Aitalia has the most connections to Lamezia terme 6 a day and the last two should work fairly comfortably.

Rome (Fiumicino) 09:20 Lamezia Terme (S ... Italy 10:30 Alitalia Economy 0 Stopover
Rome (Fiumicino) 13:15 Lamezia Terme (S ... Italy 14:25 Alitalia Economy 0 Stopover
Rome (Fiumicino) 16:15 Lamezia Terme (S ... Italy 17:25 Alitalia Economy 0 Stopover
Rome (Fiumicino) 17:20 Lamezia Terme (S ... Italy 18:30 Alitalia Economy 0 Stopover
Rome (Fiumicino) 20:05 Lamezia Terme (S ... Italy 21:15 Alitalia Economy 0 Stopover
Rome (Fiumicino) 21:40 Lamezia Terme (S ... italy 22 25 Aliitalia

PostPosted: March 9th, 2010, 11:47 pm 

barney who did you book your flighys with ?was it aer lingus?whereabouts in calabria are you heading to?

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 12:06 am 

Hi Guys,

I see that Air Lingus are paying off hundreds of staff. It's not a good sign. Do Air Malta fly into Reggio from Dublin?. Perhaps via Malta!.

Keep your chins up!.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 12:01 pm 
Hi All,
Aer Lingus Dublin to Catania ( Scicily ) seams easiest at the moment, only 3.5 hour drive to Tropea. I booked for June 2 adults, 2 children, €520 return.

Regards,

Paul,

PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 2:31 pm 

Tony i'm flying with Aer Lingus out of Belfast but as Ballymoney man says Aer Lingus paying off staff not a good sign. I used to go with Aer Lingus to Budapest out of Belfast until they scrapped that route with cut backs,hope Rome doesn't go the same way.
My final destination is Pizzo Beach Club if they ever finish it.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2010, 5:21 pm 

had an email from aer lingus today changing the flight time,they have brought it forward by half an hour or so,but at least its still going :D

PostPosted: March 14th, 2010, 12:47 pm 
Hi All
My destination is Pizzo Beach Club going from Ballyclare in Northern Ireland. The best route I can find is with Aerlingus Dubin to Naples and then get the train down to Lamezia which I believe takes only around 3 hours. At least its just one flight and the trains from Naples run every few hours costing around 40 euros return.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2010, 2:50 pm 

may7658

I'm going in 2 weeks (yippee!!) with Aerlingus from Belfast to Rome and then cheapie blu-express from Rome to Lamezia (overnight in Rome on the way there 'cos unfortunately the aerlingus flight is 3pm). I'm from Carrickfergus so you're not far away. I'm 86G what about you?

Evie

PostPosted: March 15th, 2010, 10:27 pm 
Hi Evie
That's fantastic, I can't believe it we're practically neighbours both here and in Italy, I'm at 83G!! Your at one end of the block of 4 apartments and I'm at the other end! I can't wait to go over and I had been thinking about end of March myself but I wondered what I could do over there as it's not completed plus I'm going to order furniture etc with Paul & Tom. Did you look into the Dublin - Naples idea or does Rome suit you better? If you wish you can give me a call anytime you like to discuss all things Pizzo Beach as it's good to know someone else on the same PBC rollercoaster! By the way I am a member of the forum but just forgot my username & password and hopefully will get it sorted tonight. My number is 9332 3931.

May

PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 5:57 pm 

May, I was going to PM you but thought I'd better wait 'til you got your username sorted out. That's great your apartment is so close, we definitely must chat or meet up in NI to compare notes. I'm also ordering furniture from Paul McD and using Calabrian Invest (Beata) for property management. Belfast to Rome to Lamezia would be great apart from the overnight in Rome on the way so I may check Naples for my next visit. Chat soon. Evie

PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 8:54 pm 
Hi May,

Let me know how your route goes via Naples. i live in Parkgate - this time round stopping off in Rome with the kids for 2 days and then internal flight to Lamezia.

Graeme West

PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 10:06 pm 
Hi Graeme
I can't believe it - another buyer just living around the corner at Pargate, it's great. The route you are taking certainly seems to be the most popular but I like the idea of just getting one flight and the train journey down from Naples is supposed to be beautiful, plus they run regurlarly apparently. The only thing is having to get the bus to Dublin airport, then again it dosn't take that long and is cheap. However for where we're living a Belfast flight has its advantages. I'm not going over until PBC is completed and the furniture in so hopefully will be able to just walk in the door and everything will be in its place - wishful thinking!! It looks like that could be around end April or May. I'll keep posting with any new info.

All the best
May

PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 10:18 pm 
Hi Evie

Yes we’ll certainly have to meet up as we live so close. I can’t wait to hear how you get on at PBC once you go over. If you get a chance take a look at 83G although I don’t know if you will be able to get in or if the builders will have the patio doors locked, any photos would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice to think things had moved on more by the time you get over in relation to completion of the site generally.
I have emailed the forum administrator last night and again tonight to try to get logged on but no word back yet so will just have to wait to hear from them. All the best for now Evie.

May

PostPosted: March 17th, 2010, 12:53 am 

Hi Graeme, it's nice to 'meet' another Co. Antrim purchaser. I'm going at the end of March, when are you going?

May, I doubt if I'd be able to get any internal photos apart from through the patio door but I'll try.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2010, 11:18 pm 
Hi Evie
I understand and thanks very much for any photos and information that you can get while you are over, I look forward to hearing from you.
May

PostPosted: March 19th, 2010, 1:41 pm 

May7658 wrote:
Hi All
My destination is Pizzo Beach Club going from Ballyclare in Northern Ireland. The best route I can find is with Aerlingus Dubin to Naples and then get the train down to Lamezia which I believe takes only around 3 hours. At least its just one flight and the trains from Naples run every few hours costing around 40 euros return.

I am wondering is the train fare 40 euros return I thought it was 40 euros one way Naples to Lamezia any confirmation on this ?
thanks
Pamela

PostPosted: March 19th, 2010, 2:59 pm 

Hi Pamela
Margaret from Amalfi here. I think Trenitalia have reduced fairs if your booking a while in advance and that's why you get it for 40 euros return.

By the way we are heading out to Amalfi on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it and have heard that the weather is good.
Margaret

PostPosted: March 19th, 2010, 7:04 pm 
The weather is very good here with clear blue skys and looks like it is set to continue,good opportunity to take to the water as we did today, i took this photo off the coast at zambrone this morning.

Attachments:
P1020568.jpeg
P1020568.jpeg [ 213.74 KiB | Viewed 9117 times ]

PostPosted: March 19th, 2010, 10:52 pm 
Great picture, Great weather. Hope it's like that when I go in April...I'm just round the corner in Briatico. I was there a couple of week's ago and the weather wasn't terrific.

Can't wait to go back, If the weather is anyway good, I'd be very tempted to stay there per sempre.

Cimabue :)

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2010, 1:05 pm 
Hi,
Does anyone have a timetable for the trains from Rome To Calounia or from Naples

Thanks
Mezza

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2010, 7:52 pm 
Hi Mezza

I don't have a timetable but the web address for Trenitalia is www.trenitalia.it or just google 'trenitalia timtables'.

May

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2010, 9:50 pm 
Thanks a million May