A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 26th, 2010, 9:30 pm 

I am looking at flying back from Lamazia to London Gatwick via Rome.

I can fly on Blue Express as follows:
Lamezia Dept 13.00 - Arrive Rome 14.15

Than Easyjet as follows:
Rome Dept 16.10 - Arrive London Gat 17.25

There is a gap of 1hr 55mins between landing in Rome and taking off again, is this sufficient? I think this would be OK if I didn't have hold luggage but with luggage I think it is probably too short a gap.

Any suggestions of what is a reccomded gap or does anyone have any alterative routes back to Gatwick.

Thanks.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 8:08 pm 

Easyjet Lamezia-Rome, BA Rome-LHR works well. Can be very well priced too, and sandwich provided!

PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 8:49 pm 
These are the lowest Easyjet fares currently available for the Rome to Lamezia leg of the journey.Bear in mind that the cheapest train Journey on this route is around 30 euros each way so these are good value and nearly every major city in Europe has economical flights to Rome.

Lowest outbound fares.

March €17.99 .
April €21.99 .
May €21.99 .
June €21.99 .
July €21.99 .
August €25.99

.Lowest return fares

March €17.99 .
April €21.99 .
May €21.99 .
June €21.99 .
July €25.99 .
August €21.99 .

PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 9:13 pm 

1.55 might seem like plenty of time to connect but you have to take into account the short walk between terminals at Roma.
I wonder if it is known the percentage of flights that get out of Lamezia on time and what percentage are over 30 minutes late. It gets hazy with time but I seem to remember a lot of late departures from there, and I am always on tinderhooks about my connection. Perhaps we should organise a straw poll !

PostPosted: March 7th, 2010, 11:14 am 

We are looking to fly out to Crotone with Alitalia. One of the options is via Rome, but there is an 9 hour gap between arrival at Rome and the flight out to Crotone. I have two questions if anyone can help.

1) Can we leave the airport, considering we are transit passengers

2) If we are allowed to leave the airport, how far away is it to the centre of Rome ? is it feasible to have a mini day trip and do a bit of sightseeing ?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Marco

PostPosted: March 7th, 2010, 1:58 pm 

hi marco,we are flying to lamezia from london city airport with alitalia via milan linate at easter.linate is only 25 minutes on bus from cathedral etc,we have 7 hour wait so we will do a short sightseeing and lunch trip.on alitalia website you have to specify lca as it will not come up under london airports.alitalia do fly to crotone from linate,i dont know where in london you are perhaps lca may be nearer for you,cheers brian.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2010, 8:43 pm 

hi marco,forgot to answer your other questions,we flew alitalia to rome fco last year,there are 2 terminals at fco 20 mins walk thru customs etc,international to internal,cannot see any problem leaving airport inbetween.i think fco is a lot further from city than campino.what decided for us with linate was there is only 1 terminal so no mad rush if tight connections cheers again brian.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2010, 2:02 pm 

Take the train from fiumicino airport to cental rome cost 9.50 euros time 30 minutes, take bus to campanio airport cost 8 euro time 40 minutes ,both the train and bus leave every 30 minutes, If you do not have a lot of time between flights best to get a Taxi.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2010, 9:47 pm 

Like everyone else, very disappointed that there are no direct flights from Uk to Lamezia.

Does anyone know if there is a "National Express" equivalent in Italy say from Rome to Lamezia or Naples to Lamezia?