A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Jet 2
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2010, 12:57 pm 

Hi everyone
I for one remember this airline Jet 2 to be on the tarmac at Lamezia airport quite a few times last year so I contected them today to see if there were any plans to reinstate flights and if so would there be possibility of direct flights from the UK as they seem to be expanding here. They could not confirm on deny anything at this point in time but said if we would like to write to their customer services team and voice our requests then this would be very beneficial. So guys get your pens and paper out and write to -

Jet 2 Customer Care Team
P O Box 314
Leeds
LS 19 9DY

I have already written to them today explaining that there are thousands of us wanting direct flights to Calabria and informed them of the petition on this website - fingers crossed.

I think the more airlines we can contact the better chance we have of someone listening to us. :D here's hoping

Post subject: Re: Jet 2
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2010, 2:54 pm 

Great spotting; if Jet2 went in that would be fantastic.

I have used them before and they probably are my favourite airline.

Fingers crossed.

I have done my bit with some correspondance.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2010, 3:59 pm 

Sykeylad wrote:
Great spotting; if Jet2 went in that would be fantastic.

I have used them before and they probably are my favourite airline.

Fingers crossed.

I have done my bit with some correspondance.

Thanks :D You can also book your seats in advance with them which avoids the great Ryanair stampede to get seats!!!

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2010, 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

People are generally lazy (including me sometimes on certain matters), I think very few people will actually bother to write to jet2 which is a shame as it could help them decide on a direct flight.

We need someone with bounds of energy to organise one letter which we can some how sign electronically or like a petition which has previously been arranged with all the members name on it, this would be impressive.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2010, 11:31 am 

alex.r wrote:
People are generally lazy (including me sometimes on certain matters), I think very few people will actually bother to write to jet2 which is a shame as it could help them decide on a direct flight.

We need someone with bounds of energy to organise one letter which we can some how sign electronically or like a petition which has previously been arranged with all the members name on it, this would be impressive.

Alex

Do you mean like th epetition with 850 signatures that we already have? Dont tell me you havent signed it?? :o

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2010, 12:38 pm 

tyke2 wrote:
alex.r wrote:

Alex

Do you mean like th epetition with 850 signatures that we already have? Dont tell me you havent signed it?? :o

Is there anyway we can send this to Jet 2 ? !! and all the other airlines

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2010, 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

Tyke

Yes I have signed it and a long time ago too, I also got other people to sign too.

We need to get a hard copy of this petition and send it to various possible airlines to take up the route.

I think someone said before, that we would need 3 or 4 times the signatures to make an airline take an interest in the route, one plane alone would fill up a good proportion of the existing signatures, they need to fill many planes to make the route viable and not at £30-£50 each way!

I am having to spend a lot of time on my development to try and get things right as others are too, perhaps someone out there who has bounds of energy and is good with these things could take the bull by the horns, they'd get the support from all of us!!

There are many Italians that flew on the direct route to Stansted, how would we get some of these signatures?

There are other forums on Calabria with many members that are not on this forum, we need to get some of those signatures too.

Alex.r

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2010, 7:37 pm 

Good idea!

In fact I printed the 850 signatures last time around and handed them over to the Regional Administration, and a month later the flights were back. However I am not sure about the causal relationship there ...

We can get a new petition started now that the forum is twice the size, and I can ask some local Italian forums to give it some attention.

Dennis.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2010, 2:15 pm 

3 years ago jet 2 flew from Manchester to Lamezia from May until the end of September on behalf of Thomsons. Since then Thomson holidays have stopped going to Calabria. On the twice I flew with them the flights were full. People who had booked flight only were paying £80 return. I was on a package deal to Pizzo.
Now that would be very handy!!!

PostPosted: January 25th, 2010, 7:57 pm 

Hello,

i have just written to them and will post the letter tomorrow.

Conny

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 11:58 pm 

Lou, as previously reported on here I was on one of the two ill-fated Thompson flights from Lamezia that was the nail in the coffin for Thompsons apparently. Both planes (one bound for Manchester, the other for Gatwick) developed mechanical faults that could be fixed by engineers, but due to beaurocracy (Italian style IYSWIM) the Italian side would not allow an engineer to fix the two Thompson planes, depsite Thompson assuring they were happy for the work to go ahead. However, eventually after many hours the Manchester plane was allowed to be fixed, but the Gatwick one, had to have their own engineer fly from UK and would not arrive until next day. Thompson were honerable and put us up in hotels all over the area (which ended up being a farse, as there were three ladies sharing one bed, myself and my brother given a double bed, discrepencies over who was paying for a meal at the hotel etc etc).

According to the Captain of the plane all the Gatwick plane needed was a switch to be switched by a certified engineer.

Next day the Thompson cabin crew were very upset - said they experienced these problems frequently from Lamezia. One missed their holiday abroad, another missed a family wedding etc etc.

So it could be that Lamezia airport have upset several airlines.......who knows....?

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 11:59 pm 

just realised my descripion of various bed sharing sounds like a scene from a dodgy movie! :lol:

PostPosted: January 27th, 2010, 6:54 pm 

Dear Mrs
Teapot
I was also on that flight to gatwick I remember sitting in the airport in ridiculous temperatures all day and then being taken to a beautiful complex in parghelia ,but not until midnight with no time to enjoy the luxury bedroom .I also missed belfast connection and had to pay £200 for new flight but the worst thing about the whole incident is the loss of the thomson flights to Lamezia :(
They were good and cheap
ciao
Pamela

PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 11:29 pm 

Just sent a letter too. Would be fab to go from Leeds.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 10:21 am 

[quote
Is there anyway we can send this to Jet 2 ? !! and all the other airlines[/quote]

I will print the petition and forward to JET2 this week.

Tyke

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2010, 5:10 pm 

I have forwarded the petition which now stands at 892 signatures to Jet2.
We have had 19 new signatures today !

For any new members or those who are not aware th epetition can be signed at:-

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Choicetolamezia

Thanks

Tyke2

PostPosted: February 20th, 2010, 5:03 pm 

Hi

I had a disappointing reply from JET2 today in reply to our petition:-

Thank you for your letter and for your interest in Jet2.com.

Please be advised we have no immediate plans to include Calabria as a destination, however, we have passed on your letter on to our Route Analysts for future consideration.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us, as we are constantly reviewing our departure and destination airports and suggestions from our customers are always very helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard a Jet2.com flight in the future.

Sian Halliwell

Customer Services Co-ordinator

Tyke2