A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 6:02 pm 

Hi,

After sending an email querying whether a UK-Lamezia route would commence in 2010, I received an email saying the following:

Thank you for your email to Andy Harrison, our Chief Executive Officer. The e-mail has been passed to me for a response. I apologise for not being able to reply to you immediately. As you may know, we have received a great amount of e-mails and letters regarding the recent disruption and we are unable to answer all of them immediately.

I would like to confirm that we operate flights to Lamezia Terme from Milan Malpensa and Rome Fiumicino. We do not have any flights scheduled to depart from the UK at the moment.

Still, I was happy to hear that you have a route suggestion for us. We are constantly looking for routes that would be in demand all year round and we appreciate your suggestion. easyJet will take into consideration flying to Lamezia from the United Kingdom, if such a demand occurs.

I would suggest that you register for easyJet e-mail updates on the easyJet web site. As well as advising of new routes, this will also give advance notice of the schedule release dates and information on exclusive Internet fare discounts. Moreover, this very facility will allow you to indicate the destinations that you are particularly interested in.

If you would like to receive such emails, please go to the ‘my easyJet.com’ section at the top of our homepage, scroll down and click on ‘sign up now’ and enter your email address and password. I have included a link to this section;

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Members/

You are welcome to send us more feedback and suggestions in the future.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services, either by phone on 0871 244 2366 (calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more) or via the “Help” section of the easyJet web site.

Yours sincerely,
easyJet Executive Support Team

So does this mean there doesn't look like they will do Lamezia from the UK this year?

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 6:07 pm 

you got the same reply as i did over a year ago requesting that they look into the feasability of starting a flight from the uk. I suggested that they check out this forum and pointed out that most of us have family as well who would also be interested in a direct flight.

If they are going to fly direct they will let us know when things are confirmed and sorted its a waiting game at the moment.

Diane :)

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 6:38 pm 

How about we ALL e-mail Andy Harrison asking if Easyjet will put on a direct flight to Lamezia

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 6:59 pm 

paulg67 wrote:
How about we ALL e-mail Andy Harrison asking if Easyjet will put on a direct flight to Lamezia

Interesting idea, let's see.

There are currently 1680 users, let's assume that they all want to come to Calabria once a year at least and have a partner and 1.5 children or grandchildren. That would make around 4000 bums on seats. How many seats are there on the sort of plane that Easyjet uses? [url]viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2513&p=21322#p21322[/url]. 100? 4000/100=40 flights filled. That is nearly one every week.

If we all promise we fly twice a year then Bob's your uncle.

And I promise Easyjet I will do my best to promote Calabria ;-).

That's of course assuming Ryanair will not resume the STD-SUF route, but I am fairly confident it will be reinstated soon.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 8:16 pm 

The problem is twofold:

Firstly the scheduling of an aircraft on two legs a week, where else does it go from the same base or what route does it displace?

Secondly, the 4000 seats aren't spread evenly through the year, the vast majority will be in the summer.

As they say

"We are constantly looking for routes that would be in demand all year round"

.... and of course the 4000 people would all want to go from different airports in Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England anyway.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 10:07 pm 

Hi All
Lets not forget that people other than Forum members want to Fly to the Southern Italy area. People who already have holiday homes there,Students, Italians/Calabrians who work in England, businessmen, Holiday makers etc etc. I have never travelled out to Italy on a sparsely populated plane be it Ryanair or Alitalia. My Journeys to this point have always been off season too except for the inspection trip in early June.
I am suprised that one of the competing Airlines hav'nt opened direct flights.
Allen

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 10:15 pm 

If Ryanair can make it work and they did till they decided to drop Lamezia, then surely Easyjet can also make it work, its not just the brits who use that flight as most of us can testify, coming back there are a lot of italians on the ryanair flight ( and with more than one piece of handluggage ok miaow lol ) if you put them in the equasion as well then it would work surely to have flights, How many Italians are looking for ways to fly cheaply into the UK from Lamezia, it certainly wouldnt hurt for easyjet to look at the whole picture surely and decide to offer a direct flight from another part of the UK and not Stanstead so it wouldnt be in direct compeition with Ryan air should they decide to fly to Lamezia again. But then again the competition wouldnt do Ryanair any harm either may make them think about pulling the plug on flights t short notice like they have done in the past and no doubt will again in the future.

There are people on this forum who are looking for ways to get to Calabria all year round not just summer. Plus if Easyjet did a check on their internal flights to Lamezia how many of them would be british as well as other nations, maybe that would make them think that it would be feasable for a direct flight from the UK.

It certainly wouldnt hurt to email Andy Harrison enmass it would give him something to think about.

Cheers Diane