A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 1:27 pm 

We've recently been to Bergamotto to furnish our apartment in D block and had great help and support from John Hale. It seems he has a fully equipped toolshop somehow - whatever we needed to borrow, from stepladders and an extension lead, to a socket set, he produced it all within minutes ! We've subsequently decided to ask John and Sue to manage the property for us, airing it etc., and hopefully renting it out from time to time on our behalf. They are a very reliable and methodical team, and as they live at Bergamotto themselves they can keep an eye out for the whole development. I would recommend their services to anyone, it is new to us all after all and they have both experience and expertise. Regards, Ros Llewellyn

Report this post
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 3:03 pm 

Like Ros we have used the services of John Hale who now has his wife Sue living with him at Bergamotto. At all stages John has been very professional and has provided an invaluable support service which has made our establishing our appartment in Block C at Bergamotto much easier. What can be a very difficult learning curve of finding out how things work locally was made much easier as John willingly shared his knowledge.

Report this post
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 8:59 pm 

We have also employed the services of John and Sue Hale and Enzo. We made that decision after a lot of homework. John and Sue live on site, that is a very big advantage. No matter who rents our suite John and Sue will be right there as neighbors to monitor, or help if need be. John has been great communicating back and forth , which is also something that was very important to us. Airing our suite, we knew would not be a problem on a regular basis for them, as again they are right there, they are our neighbors. We have been involved with revenue property for a long time and those two factors alone are invaluable, and difficult to find. We also had the chance to be at Bergamotto for 9 weeks last fall, so it was easy to see how often the Property Managers were on site. Enzo is fabulous, he knows everyone in town, of course he grew up there, he is an honest decent, wonderful man. He invited us to town parties, helped us when our phone ran out of minutes and we could not understand the Italian message, and even took me to an emergency
Dentist, and stayed with me to translate. I would not even consider any other Property Management Company, especially for Bergamotto. I have been thrilled with their service.
Sharon

Report this post
PostPosted: May 29th, 2011, 5:51 pm 

My wife and I purchased an apartment on the Bergamotto complex E Block, like most of all other buyers we also had a nightmare time with the kayos Italian connections (Med Sea) left us all in, because of this we arrived in Italy with all personal guards up, waiting for the next person to lie, con and give us false information.

Thank fully, we could not have been more wrong.

As we were not happy with Manzanares we changed, so First stop to our new lawyer Rocco of VFL International Lawyers based in Roccella. Rocco was like a breath of fresh air, specking in plain English and making everything clear, with no rubbish that we kept getting from Manzanares, Rocco is based just down the road, so they know exactly what’s going on and I would recommend his company to anyone who is in the same situation that we were in. The builder of the complex was also a victim of Med Sea and lost many hundreds of thousands of Euros; despite this the builder is a man of honour and is completing the complex, there are some issues still to be done like the lifts not working ect but they are in hand and scheduled to be completed very soon.
Second move to fit out our new apartment and to meet John and Enzo, highly recommended to us by neighbours in block B. John and Enzo are an incredible team John from England having expert experience in Kitchen and bedroom design and Enzo a local Italian man with a flawless knowledge of contacts within the area. Their help and advice was invaluable, we were taken to different stores with different prices and products and we found all we needed that also suited our budget.
We came back 2 months later to find the quality and finish of our kitchen outstanding, and would highly recommend you use their services, we fly back in July to view the job they are currently completing, both bedrooms and I am positive we will see the same high quality finish.
I hope this helps anyone who has the same worries as we did , if you would like to talk please email me your contact details and we would be more than happy to help further.
Regards
Chris and Teresa
cth8@hotmail.co.uk

Report this post
PostPosted: June 1st, 2011, 12:12 pm 

Just a note to mention the first class service I am getting from John Hale and Enzo. They are sorting out the kitchen,bedroom ,painting and air conditioning for me and the work done up to now has been first class. The communication has been fantastic,regular photo's etc and I intend to use them for any other work we need doing. My wife and I picked some furniture and Enzo came with us to translate.He persuaded them to give us some extra's,cushions etc and then organised the delivery and inspection of the items and they are in our apartment ready for us. Excellent service,keep it up John and Enzo. :D :D :D

Report this post
PostPosted: June 10th, 2011, 10:24 am 

Hi All
Thanks for your emails, PMs and the kind words
Posted on the forum,
Many more people have now contacted us,
Not just from the Bergamotto complex
But also other developments,
It’s great to know that quality & service
Is appreciated,
Regards John & Sue
email
halemunns@hotmail.co.uk
Italian Mobile
0039 327 658 4426

Report this post
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 7:34 pm 

Hi all,
Thanks for your emails,
We currently have five apartments for renting out on the Bergamotto complex, if anyone else wants’ to do this please contact us,
We have now kitted out many apartments
With robust fittings for renting out,
Also luxurious furniture, (some bespoke) fixture and fittings, for our clients who wanted to make it feel like a second home, and will be using them for family and friends,
Regards John & Sue,
halemunns@hotmail.co.uk

Report this post
PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 12:21 pm 

Hi All,
Lots of fun at Bergamotto,
Attachment:
Bergamotto July 2011.jpg
Bergamotto July 2011.jpg [ 55.4 KiB | Viewed 14263 times ]

Attachments:
's John Hale.jpg
's John Hale.jpg [ 53.5 KiB | Viewed 14263 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: July 10th, 2011, 9:12 pm 

The weather & the pool look great,save some of the alcohol for us see you all on Friday...canny wait :wink: :D :wink:

Report this post
PostPosted: July 11th, 2011, 5:18 pm 

Hi All,
Hi David,
yep there is still a few bottles of wine and beer
in Calabria and quite a lot of it finds itself being consumed
on Bergamotto,
We had a great party with lots of food and drink the other night,
Looking forward to seeing you guys,
Enzo says Hi,

Report this post
PostPosted: July 18th, 2011, 8:00 am 

Bergamotto Curry night with sunny

Attachments:
curry night.jpg
curry night.jpg [ 67.35 KiB | Viewed 14080 times ]
curry night 2 john.jpg
curry night 2 john.jpg [ 75.7 KiB | Viewed 14080 times ]
curry gang.jpg
curry gang.jpg [ 60.35 KiB | Viewed 14080 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: July 18th, 2011, 12:37 pm 

Looks like a party! Glad to see you are happy bunch over there.

Enjoy the summer!

Dennis.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 20th, 2011, 3:01 pm 

God, it all looks great, can't wait to get there! My husband Eric is the curry man in our house! Our completion is due this week, and John and Enzo are then going to fit out the apartment, then we will, hopefully, have Billy Cowie bring our furniture out in September or October. See you all then!

Jean Park

Report this post
PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 4:36 pm 

Hi All,
Hi Jean & Eric,
Thanks for those kind words,
More and more people, not just from Bergamotto but other complexes as well, are now getting in touch with Sue & I to look after them, after reading all the recommendation's that are posted,
So a big thankyou to you all.

Sue & I feel very lucky to be able to live on the Bergamotto complex and have such a great bunch
of fellow Bergamotto owners to chat, socialize and share
experiences, plus the odd bottle of wine or two with,

We have a lot of people around the swimming pool
every day all day, there is a great atmosphere,
with old friends and new ones socializing sometimes
late into the evening, :D

Any one wanting quality, service or just help and info, please contact us,
John & Sue
halemunns@hotmail.co.uk
Italian number
0039 327 568 4426

Report this post
PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 7:53 pm 

Hi all

Eric has a question - does he have to bring his curry spices with him or are they all available locally?

Big signing day officially tomorrow!

See you soon

Jean and Eric

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2011, 12:27 pm 

Hooray! 3 years and nearly 8 months later, we now officially own our apartment in Bergamotto! We are now entrusting our property to the well-recommended hands of John Hale and Enzo, and look forward to celebrating in Bella Italia soon! We are Block I, Apartment 2 (ground floor). Would love to hear from our new neighbours! Incidentally, we hail from Irvine, Ayrshire, on the south-west Scottish coast.

Jean and Eric

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2011, 7:51 am 

Hi all.
Hi Jean & Eric,
Again thanks for those kind words,
they make it all worth while,
Enzo also says a big thankyou to all our clients for putting their trust in us,
We have just launched a new web site,
www.calabriabergamotto.com

any feed back will be most welcome,
any thing you think needs added let us know,
We will off cause continue to post photo's, advice and information,
based on our own experiences regarding buying on the Bergamotto complex and any thing else you might think we can help with, here on this forum,
Regards John & Sue
halemunns@hotmail.co.uk

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2011, 11:44 am 

John and Sue - hi
Just had a peek at the new website - great idea - looks fab. Shall be keeping an eye on it for piccies of our appartment when it's ready to rent out!!! It will be really useful for us, to give the web address to prospective rental clients.

Chrissie

Report this post
PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 5:59 pm 

Hi every one,
Teresa and I arrived on July the 6th for two weeks and the weather was great, swimming in the pool and meeting more and more neighbours really made our holiday, with special thanks to our Scottish neighbours whom have claimed the right of Celtic corner; Trust me that if you dare to wonder into the corner, guaranteed you will be offered more food and alcohol than you can imagine LOL.
Besides going for a relaxing break our original intention was to view the bedrooms completion, which we ordered from our Management agents John, Sue and Enzo, Because we had only seen computer plans so we were obviously apprehensive as to what the real thing would look like?
Conclusion = Amazing and a big well-done and thanks to John, Sue and Enzo, the quality is superb and what you have achieved with the small bedroom is not only stunning but again amazing how you managed to create a double room without it looking or feeling cramped. We believe you will go from strength to strength in your business as I have only heard high praise from all your work, including ours. However a bit of advice to all, to get immediate attention from John and Enzo 1 bottle of Daddies brown sauce and small box of diabetic chocolates is required LOL
Moving on, the complex is certainly getting there, and is stunning at night when the pool is illuminated, fountain running and all white domes alight, We went on a few walks around 9pm in and out of the complex and felt very safe and often greeted by local people sitting in the front gardens. One sad point the lifts are not working though are due to be switched on in September this year, this is not the builder dragging his heals it is down to the power supply; still I will be glad to see them working and so will our legs.
Our next visit is in September and look forward seeing you all soon.
Chris and Teresa
Email : cth8@hotmail.co.uk

Report this post
PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 6:46 pm 

sunshineitaly wrote:
Hi every one,
Teresa and I arrived on July the 6th for two weeks and the weather was great, swimming in the pool and meeting more and more neighbours really made our holiday, with special thanks to our Scottish neighbours whom have claimed the right of Celtic corner; Trust me that if you dare to wonder into the corner, guaranteed you will be offered more food and alcohol than you can imagine LOL.
Besides going for a relaxing break our original intention was to view the bedrooms completion, which we ordered from our Management agents John, Sue and Enzo, Because we had only seen computer plans so we were obviously apprehensive as to what the real thing would look like?
Conclusion = Amazing and a big well-done and thanks to John, Sue and Enzo, the quality is superb and what you have achieved with the small bedroom is not only stunning but again amazing how you managed to create a double room without it looking or feeling cramped. We believe you will go from strength to strength in your business as I have only heard high praise from all your work, including ours. However a bit of advice to all, to get immediate attention from John and Enzo 1 bottle of Daddies brown sauce and small box of diabetic chocolates is required LOL
Moving on, the complex is certainly getting there, and is stunning at night when the pool is illuminated, fountain running and all white domes alight, We went on a few walks around 9pm in and out of the complex and felt very safe and often greeted by local people sitting in the front gardens. One sad point the lifts are not working though are due to be switched on in September this year, this is not the builder dragging his heals it is down to the power supply; still I will be glad to see them working and so will our legs.
Our next visit is in September and look forward seeing you all soon.
Chris and Teresa
Email : cth8@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Chris'Teresa
great to hear you both had a great time
hope to see you both 3rd Oct!

Lou!

Report this post
PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 8:26 pm 

We are not residents at Bergamotto but- WOW - you lot seem to have got it right. Congratulations and Well done -Looks Fab!!

Report this post
PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 4:11 pm 

Hi All,
I can also highly recommend Enzo,he speaks good English and has been a superb help and good friend to Sharlene and I ever since we completed last February.The fact that he is born and bred in Gioioisa he knows where to go to get the decent deals,infact everyone appears to be his cousin,even the barber in the old town who does a great shave for 2 euro 50.
Enzo sourced our aircon and with the aide of his son did a great job fitting it.He has also fitted my mossie screens and done loads of other things for us like fitting cabinates and sorting out gas to my barby etc,all in a very clean and professional manner.
His obvious knowledge of Gioioisa is 2nd to none which comes in handy when paying for your taxes and water etc.What has taken a full day for some people has taken 2hrs max.
He is very trustworthy and friendly.
Enzo has recently partnered John & Sue.
Although John & Sue were not on the scene when Enzo carried out his works in my apartment you only need to read the glowing posts from others that the 3 of them are doing a great job.
We will be in Gioioisa on 19 Sept if anybody fancies a sociable in Celtic corner.

David & Sharlene :wink: :D :wink: :wink:

Report this post
PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 11:11 pm 

We have just got back from our first stay in OUR appartment - no hotels for us this time!!!! And it was wonderful.

The last time we saw our appartment (block C) it was still part of a building site ie. still bricks and concrete - nowhere near completion - no plaster, windows, internal work etc .... and this time - building completed externally and internally and it had been cleaned, painted, a kitchen installed, bedroom furniture, beds, kitchen table, sofa bed, mosquito screens and aircon. And this was the first time we saw it all. (we completed purchase via POA) ... absolutely delighted with the finish, quality, workmanship. And a massive massive thanks to John and Sue and Enzo for making this happen.

After some pretty stressful experiences (and most of you will know the type of thing - regarding various property companies, legal companies etc) we sometimes wondered whether we would ever get to see our appartment completed. Sometimes you have to trust people and unfortunately the trust is misplaced... and it's then difficult to trust someone else who also promises to do things for you. BUT sometimes you get a good feeling about trusting complete strangers.... and the trust is not misplaced...and this was the case with John, Sue and Enzo.

Until last week we had not met them but via phone calls and emails they have sorted out appartment. They have overdelivered and exceeded our expectations - design, finish, installation, quality, communication, updates etc.

And John spent much of the week driving us round to various 'furniture emporium' (now there's a new experience!!!) to help with some balcony furniture and bits and bobs... and getting a 'sconto' for us. (If your Italian isn't up to much - a sconto is a good word to use when making purchases!).

Delighted with our appartment - and the weather was great last week - we were just disappointed that we had only booked a week rather than more (durr!) but at least we have a visit in October to look forward to and we know that in the meantime our appartment is being looked after .... John and Sue even checked that we had switched off the gas, electric, fridge etc (very reassuring knowing my memory and that we left in a hurry to get to the airport). :roll: Oh and we left them with the laundry to do too.

Sorry, am going on a bit now, (just very excited about owning property abroad :D ) but we had a fab time and great experience and it wouldn't have happened without John Sue and Enzo's help.... soooo grateful.

Can't wait for October - hope the pool will still be warm enough!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 11:24 pm 

Congratulations on completing it sounds wonderful,
enjoy

Cheers Diane :)

Report this post
PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 11:27 pm 

Diane - it was worth the wait!! (our daughter was 8 weeks old when we signed the papers to secure the appartment - and on our first visit last week as proud owners, she was 4 years and 8 weeks!!). (and she learnt to swim in the pool too).

Report this post
PostPosted: August 29th, 2011, 9:13 am 

Attachment:
San Rocco celebrations, Gioiosa Jonica.jpg
San Rocco celebrations, Gioiosa Jonica.jpg [ 97.74 KiB | Viewed 12555 times ]
Hi All,
Another great afternoon / evening at Bergamotto Pool. The theme was An American Picnic, everyone was invited to bring what ever they wanted in the way of food and drink to be shared by all. :D
The other picture is of the San Rocco Festival in Gioiosa Jonica.

Attachments:
American Picnic Bergamotto Pool Party August 2011.jpg
American Picnic Bergamotto Pool Party August 2011.jpg [ 54.76 KiB | Viewed 12553 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: August 29th, 2011, 8:05 pm 

wow pool party looks fun and the light in Gioiosa lool lovely

Cheers Diane :)

Report this post
PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 3:15 pm 

Just got back from Bergamotto.Fabulous place.Very very pleased with the kitchen and bedroom organised by John and Enzo. We have organised the other bedroom now so I'm sure that will be as nice. We are really pleased with the progress on the whole development and as its 95% finished I would urge anyone who has not yet completed to do so if they can ,so they can appreciate the apartments and general area.We have had a great time and were looked after by John and Sue and Enzo when we saw them.Going back asap. :D :D

Report this post
PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 12:35 pm 

Great to hear that, Yorkylad. John and Enzo currently working on our apartment, and yesterday we booked our flights for 12 October, coming back 26. Hopefully Billy will have our furniture there for us, and we can spend a happy fortnight getting set up and assembling flat-packs! I'm sure we'll also have time for some socialising with whoever's out there, too!

Jean and Eric

Report this post
PostPosted: September 17th, 2011, 6:29 pm 

Hi Jean and Eric we will be out there from the Monday 10th til the following Sunday, we are in block F , we will say Hi when you arrive. Gary and Caroline.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 11:29 am 

Hi All,
Bergamotto is flourishing,
it as been a great year for Sue & I,
We have (with the help of many clients )
achieved many goals, but with still a lot more to do.

Sue has developed a new web site for us,
http://www.calabriabergamotto.com
please check it out and give us some feed back,

There are many areas we need to inprove on,
so please tell us what you want to see on the web site,
to help you all enjoy the Bergamotto complex and all that Calabria has to offer.

We have also started the BERGAMOTTO BUGLE,
a newsletter, sent by email to our clients, and also to Bergamotto owners who request it,

Bergamotto T shirts XL only and caps,
These have been sorted by Tom Fisher,
and are available from us,
Check out the photo.

Property management services,
Bergamotto & beyond.
This is what we do.
Supply and install Quality
AIR CON,
KITCHENS,
MOSQUITO NETS,
APPLIANCES,
BOILERS,
GAS BOTTLES,
LOUNGE FURNITURE,
BEDROOM FURNITURE,
BATHROOM ACCESSORIES, SHOWERS / SCREENS ETC.
PATIO FURNITURE,

KEY HOLDING,
RENTING OUT,
PROPERTY MAINTENANCE,

We have been involved with home interiors and building works for twenty nine years,
we also own property in other locations that we rent out,
long & short term,
we have linked up with professional local tradesmen that you can trust, to help on all aspects of your property investment.
Also help & advice with Post Office a/c set up, Registration of Utilities ECT.
Please remember always get two or three quotes,
and compare quality for quality,
We have Lots of references, & recomendations available,

Please contact us any time
John & Sue, ( PS Don't forget we live on the Bergamotto complex )
halemunns@hotmail.co.uk
Italian phone number
0039 0327 568 4426

Attachments:
T shirt.jpg
T shirt.jpg [ 45.2 KiB | Viewed 12090 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: October 1st, 2011, 9:22 pm 

Hi Everyone at Bergamotto!

Just booked flights today for Monday 3rd oct!!

me and 3 friends,,, it will be the first time we come and stay in my apartment!

who's out there at the mo or flying out @ 1645 Monday?

see you soon

Lou, Ged,,Dave,, Joe

Report this post
PostPosted: October 4th, 2011, 11:55 am 

Hi John & Sue,
I would like to thank you sincerely for all your assistance relating to my apartment in Block E Bergamotto.
Your communication and professionalism has been top class giving me the reassurance that my property is in good hands. A big thanks also for the installation of the aircon and mosquito nets. (Maybe now I will be able to get a good night’s sleep) It is a breath of fresh air to deal with such a Friendly and professional team who are taking the whole thing so seriously! Your knowledge and expertise in all areas never fail to impress me and your attention to the micro detail is very comforting. Looking forward to seeing you both again.
Take care
Joe & Jo x

Report this post
PostPosted: October 10th, 2011, 11:50 am 

Hi ALL Bergamotto owners!

just back from a great few days first stay in our new apartment!
The complex is looking very good and well worth the 3 yrs plus wait!

Just a few points to note,,,,

Heard that the condominium charges will be around 1000 euros in the first year!

also tv aerial/sat dish cant be put up until the condominium is set up by the builder ??

Maybe John Hale can advise on this,,

sorry we missed you John but will try and find you next time we visit

thanks
lou

Report this post
PostPosted: October 12th, 2011, 11:11 pm 

Am so pleased for you all on completing it looks fabulous, and well done Chrissies little girl on learning to swim

cheers diane

PS sorry reply is a bit late x

Report this post
PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 10:01 am 

[quote="luca123"]Hi ALL Bergamotto owners!

just back from a great few days first stay in our new apartment!
The complex is looking very good and well worth the 3 yrs plus wait!

Just a few points to note,,,,

Heard that the condominium charges will be around 1000 euros in the first year!

Hi Everyone

We were told on completion the charges would be approx 300 euros per year 1,000 seems very steep and I would of thought very difficult to justify. Surely the amount
has to be set and agreed by the residents association once it's formed?

Phil

Report this post
PostPosted: October 31st, 2011, 7:56 pm 

Just back from Bergamotto and since our last visit we have had a fitted bedroom fitted in the 2nd bedroom by John Hale and Enzo and we are extremely pleased with everything. We also had all the light fittings installed which we purchased last time over.Everything looks great now and we enjoyed every minute of our stay.Thanks to John and Enzo and Billie Cowie. :D :D

Report this post