A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 6th, 2009, 1:19 pm 

I chose to put this post in the recommendations section even though it is essentially for plumbing, electricians, restaurants etc because I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that in the circumstances that many members are finding themselves that you get or put everything you are TOLD in writing because you may have misunderstood or need to refer to the information a later date.

Record your own notes straight after the conversation and if the party you have had the conversation with does not confirm within a reasonable time, send them a letter and ask that party to confirm whether this is their understanding of the conversation. If they dont confirm then you may have a problem.

If you have been told this information by a third party or read about it on a forum, then seek your own clarifications.

This is relevant in all circumstances but particularly when you are dealing with Italian lawyers and addressing issues which you may not understand clearly and may need to get a second opinion on at a later date.

GET IT IN WRITING!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: December 6th, 2009, 8:36 pm 

I whole heartedly agree, and furthermore be warned about your sales agents!

I had documentation from my 'agents' who kindly translated into English and said.....

"it means that......."

I am now fighting for what I was told, because the Italian readers say that it doesn't!

Then you end up in a game of ping-pong between the builder who is arguing against inclusions, and your agent who said something is included. You may be able to enforce something from your agents..... but we aren't buying nice houses in nice places to spend our lives fighting!

All I would say from my experience is, if you are being quoted something, ensure that it is put IN THE CONTRACT as that is the only place that seems to count! The rest of it is just to con you into signing! (Then they go bust!!)

Report this post
PostPosted: December 11th, 2009, 2:22 pm 

Problems like these are not uncommon and that is why you should have an independent lawyer look over all the documentation.

Luchetti and Partners
www.luchettipartners.com

Report this post
PostPosted: December 12th, 2009, 11:23 am 

this is something you should do in the UK not just in Italy, rather like never sign anything you have not read and understood.

Report this post