A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 14th, 2010, 1:54 am 

Hello, my name is MaryAnn and we live in the United states. We will be moving permanently from the U.S. to Calabria. It may be as early as September of 2010. I am working on ideas about cheapest ways to ship. I have not decided if it will be too too costly to own my 2003 Hyundai Tiburon which only gets 25 miles per gallon and use it only a little and then get a much smaller car, that is comfortable for traveling, like a 1.6 liter Ford Focus.

Not sure if I should ship my triple dresser and armoire either or just buy a bedroom set there.

Anyone shipped from America? Any good, reasonable shippers?

Thanks.
MaryAnn

Report this post
PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 9:13 pm 

www.calabriaservices.com

We too were in a quandry of whether we should buy all our furniture from England and then find someone to transport it down to our appartment on Amusa Mare for us and to coordinate us being there at the same time. After many hours we decided against that and i'm so glad we did! We met, through this forum, a wondferful, helpful couple who arranged to take us shopping to places we had no chance of even stumbling across!! The lady. Benny is from Calabria and so all the hardwork of translation and negotiation is done for you. Mark is from England and very easy to work with and nothing is too much trouble, and believe me (or rather my husband) when i say that i was quite difficult as changed my mind on several items numerous times. But Mark and Benny just helped so much and i'm very grateful, even if i stuck to my guns about having a red kitchen. But wow!!

Please if you need ANY help with furniture, Aircons , Gardens they will help you. Use the site listed at the top of the page and get in touch.
:D

(we are going over to our place in late february and will post any updated photos.)

janette and tony lund

Report this post
PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 10:38 pm 

Well done on completing and getting what you needed in Calabria, look forward to seeing the pics

Diane :)

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2010, 9:31 pm 

Hi all if you are thinking about buying in the uk then give us a visit at www.newfurniture4you.co.uk.
We use a local man Billy Cowie (CS LOGISTICS) who moves a lot of people from the uk to Italy and is well known on this forum for doing a good job.
We also do a complete furniture package that is ideal for your homes.
With over 2000 products from rugs to beds and mirrored furniture you can use us as a one stop shop.

Report this post