A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 11th, 2009, 11:00 am 
For either the exsperienced or novice rider there are some excellent stables,located in Siderno on the East coast.you can book 8 lessons which costs a very reasonable 120 Euros inc of insurance.
For the more seasoned riders there are some excellent routes that can be arranged to take in the magnificent national park of Aspromonte,or long coastal routes between Cantanzaro and Reggio Calabria which would take around two days.maximum 6 riders if anyone is interested i will post more details.

Report this post

PostPosted: March 11th, 2009, 6:08 pm 

Can I go on trip buy horse to see Jewel of the Sea get built...or not?

Report this post
PostPosted: March 11th, 2009, 7:09 pm 

how about riding on the golf course since there is only a pasture there...that would be nice :lol:

Report this post
PostPosted: March 11th, 2009, 8:37 pm 

stilo wrote:
For either the exsperienced or novice rider there are some excellent stables,located in Siderno on the East coast.you can book 8 lessons which costs a very reasonable 120 Euros inc of insurance.
For the more seasoned riders there are some excellent routes that can be arranged to take in the magnificent national park of Aspromonte,or long coastal routes between Cantanzaro and Reggio Calabria which would take around two days.maximum 6 riders if anyone is interested i will post more details.

Do you think that many of us are concerned or interested in riding a horse in Calabria :evil: I'd me more interested if there was a dumper truck or digger or builders

Report this post
PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 12:16 am 
Site Admin

Now, now... toys back in prams please!!!

Stilo was merely adding a useful bit of information to the forum - which is what it's all about after all.

I DO totally understand your concerns and frustrations and would not want to belittle or trivialise them in any way at all, but please let's not take it out on each other. Our Forum is possibly the strongest voice we ALL now have - after all, the MoS has taken notice (Whether we approve of the finished article or not) and some of our posts are regularly quoted on other very big, commercial websites/property sites.

Off soapbox.....

Sam

Report this post
PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 3:37 pm 

Well ive been desperate to find out if there is horse riding on the East Coast -surely this can only be good news???!!! Thank you for posting this information. joanne

Report this post
PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 5:01 pm 

I agree Joanne - whether you are into horse riding or not (and I'm not), it is another selling point for potential renters. Anyone have any info on horse riding on the West coast (around Pizzo)?

Report this post
PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 5:32 pm 

We know a chap here in Crotone and in Isola Capo Rizzuto, who has stables and takes you for treks along the beaches here, simply wonderful and tranquile.
There is another who does horse trekings at Palumbosila.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 2:28 pm 

:D is trigger interested this thread! could be a nice wee sideline for her :D :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on January 16th, 2017, 2:28 pm.

Report this post